Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2002 1:22:53 PM EDT
The more I hear about the use of a rifle, such as hunting or so called assault rifles, used in the shooting spree the more I wish I could educate the general public.

Too bad they don't know the fact that any firearm chambered for Rem .223 could have been used since only one shot was fired at each victim.  One example is the T/C Contender pistol.

[img]http://www.prairienet.org/guns/tc/pixs/encore.gif[/img]

Lets assume the police and media considers 100yrd long distance in a city.  It could definately hit the target consistently from 100yrds.

What others axamples can we offer?

Shok
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The more I hear about the use of a rifle, such as hunting or so called assault rifles, used in the shooting spree the more I wish I could educate the general public.

Too bad they don't know the fact that any firearm chambered for Rem .223 could have been used since only one shot was fired at each victim.  One example is the T/C Contender pistol.

[url]http://www.prairienet.org/guns/tc/pixs/encore.gif[/url]

Lets assume the police and media considers 100yrd long distance in a city.  It could definately hit the target consistently from 100yrds.

What others axamples can we offer?

Shok
View Quote

Hell, they don't even know for sure that it was a .223 round.  Just sheer speculation to stir up sentiment against the AR15 type rifles.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]
To be  90%sure of, they must not have much of the bullet left over to examine. So fragmentation must have occurred, or the bullet must have passed thru and is not yet recovered.
Entry wounds from small caliber would be almost indistinguishable, the soft tissue destruction
is proportionate to the projectiles velocity.
Exit wound gives an idea of the retained weight
and diameter. So its an educated guess that 5,56 was used, does the Ruski 5,54 fragment?
Does a .223 from an AR have any distinguishing characteristic where a 222, 222 mag, 22-250, 224 Trophy can be excluded when loaded with the same bullet at velocities known to produce extensive fragmentation? What about a .223 bullet in a sabot out of a 30-06?
This is a AR witch hunt. I for one refuse to pay the price for some homicidal maniac who has slaughtered innocent people in cold blood. The outrage should be directed against what he did, not what instrument was handy........Lebrew
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top