Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2002 6:54:17 AM EDT
Does anybody here honestly believe that the AWB won't be at the very least reinstated in 2004 after the nice media/polizei demonstration of what rifle "might" have been used?  Seriously guys, Bush already said 2 freakin' years ago that he was in support of the AWB and ban on high caps and imports, do you think he will even come close to wavering now!?  Do you still think the Republicans will A. win this time around; and B. refuse to enact further legislation?

The Shit is Hitting the Fan right now.  This event is the precursor to the next great gun control bill.  The questions being asked, the police joyfullness at trotting out weapons they aren't even positive were used in the shootings, and the obviously anti-gun owner bent of the news conference (turn in neighbors who have this kind of evil hardware).  We are in for deep doodoo.  Is it possible that they might just skip straight to confiscation?
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
It's over.  

You can always count on whackos to go off on cue.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think they will skip right to confiscation -- that would cause too much resistance.

The anti-gun morons are a very patient group, and time is on their side.  They will take just a little bit of our freedoms at a time, year by year.

It's much harder for the average Joe to get really worked up about "just a little more gun restriction".
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I just hope you guys are smart enough to realize that neither Bush nor the Republicans are on our side in this matter.  Might they be swayed?  They could have been before this debacle, but not anymore.  It would be political suicide for a Congresscritter to vote against the AWB renewal because the media would NEVER let him/her live it down; even if we wrote a whole shitload of letters, or they raised the ire of the NRA, it's going to go through, and Bush will happily sign it.  Bush was never on our side.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#4]
It's almost time for history to repeat itself.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah except, murder is against that law, and that didn't stop it from happening.

AR's are highly restricted in MD already. More highly restricted than in most other states, and that didn't stop the killings.

High-cap magazines are restricted. With the shooting that occurred in MD, they wouldn't have even needed a magazine.

Bans only effect law abiding citizens. Criminals don't care if the use a .38 to kill you or a 9mm. It doesn't give the killed any comfort in knowing, "at least I was only shot with a revolver".

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah except, murder is against that law, and that didn't stop it from happening.

AR's are highly restricted in MD already. More highly restricted than in most other states, and that didn't stop the killings.

High-cap magazines are restricted. With the shooting that occurred in MD, they wouldn't have even needed a magazine.

Bans only effect law abiding citizens. Criminals don't care if the use a .38 to kill you or a 9mm. It doesn't give the killed any comfort in knowing, "at least I was only shot with a revolver".

View Quote

it's be nice if you could get up in front of congress when they're debating the next ban and say this, and have them believe you

sadly, most people are either dumber than a bucket of hammers, or evil. so the truth won't matter much to them.

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#7]
What the fuck are you guys talking about?  The ban doesn't sunset for another TWO YEARS!  This incident will be long forgotten by the public.  People have the attention span of a gerbil and with all the reality tv these days, can't discern reality from dramatization.  Plus, have you noticed that the anti-gun rhetoric has been very low?  VPC isn't getting any air time (yet) to spout their lies and disinformation.  People are so dumbed down and illiterate and innumerate that even simple slogans aren't going to gain any traction.

So relax.  Plus, if the perpretrators are never caught, how will anyone attest to what kind of weapon was used in the crime?  I sure hope they are caught, but it doesn't look too promising given that every cop I've seen so far is totally incompetent, especially those working for the FIB at ATF.  I think law enforcement morale is at an all-time low.  The war on drugs and the war on terror have exhausted them.  And let's face it, the FIB hasn't been looking too competent lately.  Then again, they haver always received way too much attention and praise for their incompetence--between prohibition and the Lindberg baby, the FIB has never been anything but useless.  

The best thing that we could do is ignore the perpetrators of this crime.  Instead of playing up the fear and celebrating the evil, if we just ignored them completely, we'd be better off.  Without nationwide media attention, who the fuck is ever going to know what they did (i.e. how can they terrorize anyone if the story is not widely reported)?
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
they could pass a replacement long before the sunset comes

and an AR has already been held up on CNN

doesn't matter what the truth is
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does anybody here honestly believe that the AWB won't be at the very least reinstated in 2004 after the nice media/polizei demonstration of what rifle "might" have been used?  Seriously guys, Bush already said 2 freakin' years ago that he was in support of the AWB and ban on high caps and imports, do you think he will even come close to wavering now!?  Do you still think the Republicans will A. win this time around; and B. refuse to enact further legislation?
View Quote

Nope, I pretty much agree with your statement.  I wonder what they'll come up with, and what we'll be up against.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#10]
And if the shooter turns out to be a terrorist then by lunchtime tomorrow every gun store in America will be sold out.  Hmmmm........
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, I pretty much agree with your statement.  I wonder what they'll come up with, and what we'll be up against.
View Quote

Here is what you are up against.  The Feds and the media understand the need for a simple message. Below is the simple message.  Precondition the non gunowning public to the "evil" nature of these weapons.  Whether or not these were involved in this particular incident is irrevelant to the overall message.  The government does NOT want you to own this type of weapon.  Slowly but surely they are working at every opportunity to move in that direction.  The AW ban in 04 will not disappear.  It will be stronger and more comprehensive than now.

You have very little time left to get what you want/need.

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021004/lthumb.1033753018.maryland_shootings_mdlk104.jpg[/img]

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021004/lthumb.1033748862.maryland_shootings_mdlk101.jpg[/img]

See one of these everyday... A FN FNC it appears.

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021004/s/1033758766.2617720876.jpg[/img]

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021004/s/1033756469.2751488078.jpg[/img]

Everytime there is one of these opportunities to precondition the general public about the "evil" nature of these weapons, you will see photos just like the above.

Get whatever you want/need NOW, time is short and soon you will not be able to do so.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#12]
It is amazing that our Constitutional (as well as God-given) rights are subject to the whims, predilections, and grand psychotic episodes of madmen!

(And, No, [b]Imbroglio[/b], I am not referring to Bush and his advisors!)

Eric The(SassyAsUsual)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#13]
i'm still awaiting feedback on the proposal in

http://forums.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=146772

which will be personally presented to congresspeople in MT and mass.  this incident underscores the need for this type of action.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Better News on FOX...

Chief Moose just said the ammo used was either a .223, .222, .221(?) Cal used in at least 30 different rifles.  

Of course the Graphics Pukes on FOX listed ony 5 BLACK GUN and 4 brown (wood furniture)weaps.

The only thing for sure is the white Box Van(MAYBE)...Sure to be outlawed in MD as Sniper's Roost Trucks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#15]
It will never happen.  I used to think if you had a lame duck President he might veto it but the fact is a 2/3 majority is all that's needed to override a veto & all the wussy politicians in Congress that need to get reelected would do just that.

If anyone thinks the AWB will sunset they're dreaming.  The only hope we have (& I wouldn't hold my breath) is to have SCOTUS rule on something significant in our favor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top