BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 63
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
just sent off a nastygram to ME's 2 senators who both voted for this idiocy. collins us a republican, which puts her on the GOP's shitlist and maine also happens to be a VERY gun friendly state, so her constituency is likely not pleased . King is in an even more precarious position he's an independent so there's no party to back him up some election season, and again he'll have to answer to maine's predominantly pro gun populace

Collins is up in 2014 midterms.  

yep, hoping she's gets slayed at the polls.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]
90% of Americans favor gun control, just like there was no voter fraud in the last presidential election, and Clinton "did not have sexual relations with that woman."
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
90% of Americans favor gun control, just like there was no voter fraud in the last presidential election, and Clinton "did not have sexual relations with that woman."

clinton also didn't inhale the smoke
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I just sent this email to each my two Senators:

"Senator Cornyn/Cruz,
Thank you for your support of our 2nd amendment protected Rights today.
Now maybe we can concentrate on the real cause of these mass killings, Mental Health!

Thank you,
DstryrOfWrlds"
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear for all of us.  Mostly for you guys as we r alrdy fucked.  

I didnt get to see what happened w the Cornyn bill.  Pass or no?  Id assume no?
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Virginia repeatedly votes against new gun laws, yet both of our senators vote for them

This system is broken.

That's what Obama is saying! "90% of the people and most gun owners" wanted to destroy liberty, but irresponsible Senators stood in the way... Senators who ignored the will of "90% of the people and most gun owners".

The broken system made a small step toward fixing itself today.

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are you guys watching Obama being upset ? Got a link ?

It was on CSPAN-3 But I thinks it's over now.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/ObamaDel
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm off to congratulate Nelson on yes retirement....the asshole.

We need to send that douche bag walking. Let's make it happen.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm off to congratulate Nelson on yes retirement....the asshole.

Just emailed his office. The dirtbag is done here!

What's his e-mail address?
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#12]
VICTORY
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can someone point me to this 90% poll they keep quoting?  What was the survey population?  Margin of error?  Who conducted the poll?  What were the actual questions asked?

80%
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
humanitarian2112 is right.

The bombing distracted everyone.

reid has the bill set aside to go at a more convenient time.

Like after the next mass shooting.

I doubt it. their narrative and momentum is all but gone. the bill will come back to the floor and die a quiet death. only thing that could possibly save it is another mass shooting.

wtf did he just say?

You said he's wrong, then agreed with him. Edit that shit again and find something coherent to say.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can someone point me to this 90% poll they keep quoting?  What was the survey population?  Margin of error?  Who conducted the poll?  What were the actual questions asked?

It was 3 states 1000 phone calls

PA
NJ
and forgot the other state, in that same poll they also asked if background checks would lead to  a nation firearm register 60% said yes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you to each and every one of you who took the time to contact your congressmen.

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it. their narrative and momentum is all but gone. the bill will come back to the floor and die a quiet death. only thing that could possibly save it is another mass shooting.

wtf did he just say?

You said he's wrong, then agreed with him. Edit that shit again and find something coherent to say.

just reread my post, made about as much sense as voting democrat. the part about reid setting aside for a more convenient time I don't buy. he just wants the bill to die out of the spotlight. I don't think he actually believes it will pass. if that makes any more sense.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I just got off work less than an hour ago with no internet access.

Is EVERYTHING dead?  

How about Universal Background Checks?

And is it shot through the brain dead or just mostly dead?

PLEASE UPDATE ME
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone have a list of how each Senator voted by State?

Ding. We need a list. I've googled for them and have come to inconclusive lists.
WTB a list of recall worthy bastards.

The EASY way is right here:

Senate Roll Call Vote

It provides all votes (Yea or Nay) on each amendment.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just got off work less than an hour ago with no internet access.

Is EVERYTHING dead?  

How about Universal Background Checks?

And is it shot through the brain dead or just mostly dead?

PLEASE UPDATE ME

mostly dead, 2 more amendments being voted on tomorrow and ried has pulled the main bill from the floor to be voted on at a later date
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wtf did he just say?

just reread my post, made about as much sense as voting democrat. the part about reid setting aside for a more convenient time I don't buy. he just wants the bill to die out of the spotlight. I don't think he actually believes it will pass. if that makes any more sense.

I hope you are right on that point.

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Current status:  There were votes on 7 amendments to S.649 today.  All required 60 votes to pass.  All amendments (pro and anti) failed.  The AWB and mag bans failed to achieve even 50 votes.  The remaining amendments in the schedule below will not be voted on today.  They may receive a vote tomorrow if Reid does not pull the bill without a vote and leave it to sit on the Senate calendar.

Manchin-Toomey amendment #715. Failed 54-46

Grassley substitute amendment consistent with the summary which is at the desk; Failed 52-48

Leahy-Collins amendment #713 (trafficking) Failed 58-42

Cornyn amendment #719 (conceal carry) Failed 57-43

Feinstein amendment #711 (assault weapons/clip bans) Failed 40-60

Burr amendment #720 (veterans/guns) Failed 56-44

Lautenberg-Blumenthal amendment #714 (high capacity clip ban) Failed 46-54

Barrasso amendment #717 (privacy)

Harkin-Alexander amendment relative to mental health

Thanks for this summary and the voting results.  I've got a few choice words for Senator Nelson that I've got to go put to paper now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wtf did he just say?

I hope so too. really the only way I see it passing now is another mass shooting. I wonder if obummer will keep his whole anti gun song and dance trotting out the newtown kids and families and gabby giffords.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Just reading this getting off of work . Oh I am happy
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can we have firearms become available again with decent stocks?

Will ammunition become available again?

Is there any hope that now gun prices will come down? I mean for Pete's sake I can't even find any decent firearms at the shops around me and even the online dealers are always out of stock.

Where do you live?  I can find all sorts of stuff and I live in a small area.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wtf did he just say?

I hope so too. really the only way I see it passing now is another mass shooting. I wonder if obummer will keep his whole anti gun song and dance trotting out the newtown kids and families and gabby giffords.

And you do it again. Dammit, man.

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wtf did he just say?

leave me alone. celebratory libations have been had.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wtf did he just say?

leave me alone. celebratory libations have been had.

You guys are a riot.

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't think I've ever see a sitting president whine and bitch so openly when legislation he wanted to get passed failed.

What a fucking loon.

that tantrum was absolutely priceless
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just sent off a nastygram to ME's 2 senators who both voted for this idiocy. collins us a republican, which puts her on the GOP's shitlist and maine also happens to be a VERY gun friendly state, so her constituency is likely not pleased . King is in an even more precarious position he's an independent so there's no party to back him up some election season, and again he'll have to answer to maine's predominantly pro gun populace

She should get slayed in the polls in '14 for this vote.  But she will not.  Maine is a weird.  She voted for it because she knows she can get away with it.  King has another 6 years before we get to try and vote him out of office.  Will any one remember this vote 6 years from now?

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

She should get slayed in the polls in '14 for this vote.  But she will not.  Maine is a weird.  She voted for it because she knows she can get away with it.  King has another 6 years before we get to try and vote him out of office.  Will any one remember this vote 6 years from now?

king is likely safe from any fallout from this vote he has enough time on his term that most will have forgotten, however collins could be in trouble. the fact that a gun bill was introduced at the state level pissed a lot of people off and woke a lot of people up. not to mention she's not on the GOP's shitlist. we'll see what happens. I'm sure as hell not voting for her
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think I've ever see a sitting president whine and bitch so openly when legislation he wanted to get passed failed.

What a fucking loon.

that tantrum was absolutely priceless

I've never seen anything like, either. I'm an old fart. I'm certain he's hunting for some man love tonight to make things better for him. He's a fucking pussy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Virginia repeatedly votes against new gun laws, yet both of our senators vote for them

This system is broken.

2014 is coming up fast and I intend on doing everything I can to help change our lineup in the senate.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Listen, and understand! Just like Terminators, these people can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, and only play on the fear of others. They absolutely will not stop trying to run your life, ever, until you are disarmed and/or dead, and do not feel bound to doing things in that particular order.

BTW, I didn't want to offend post-nuclear war cockroaches, by comparing them to these people

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

http://<span style=http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/102/995dcf410aeb4dc88dafff2223baad30/l.jpg

Listen, and understand! Just like Terminators, these people can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, and only play on the fear of others. They absolutely will not stop trying to run your life, ever, until you are disarmed and/or dead, and do not feel bound to doing things in that particular order.

BTW, I didn't want to offend post-nuclear war cockroaches, by comparing them to these people

a bit theatrical but yeah, the libs don't seem to do reason and they love to play on peoples fears
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PA
NJ
and forgot the other state, in that same poll they also asked if background checks would lead to  a nation firearm register 60% said yes.

Got a link to the study?  Coworker has bought that stat hook, line and sinker.  Would be nice to show him why it's a bad number.

I'd like to see this too
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PA
NJ

Got a link to the study?  Coworker has bought that stat hook, line and sinker.  Would be nice to show him why it's a bad number.

I'd like to see this too

as would I, 90% has been the mythical figure tossed about by obummer and I have yet to see any source.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#43]
It's not over, and it never will be, but our opponents burned a shitload of political capital during a perfect storm, and it really looks as though they're going home empty handed.

Today was a good day to be an Arfcommer.

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Current status:  There were votes on 7 amendments to S.649 today.  All required 60 votes to pass.  All amendments (pro and anti) failed.  The AWB and mag bans failed to achieve even 50 votes.  The remaining amendments in the schedule below will not be voted on today.  They may receive a vote tomorrow if Reid does not pull the bill without a vote and leave it to sit on the Senate calendar.

Grassley substitute amendment consistent with the summary which is at the desk; Failed 52-48

Thanks for posting that, i was in class all day and couldn't see what was going on.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's not over, and it never will be, but our opponents burned a shitload of political capital during a perfect storm, and it really looks as though they're going home empty handed.

Today was a good day to be an Arfcommer.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k620/Bassgasm1/dilloanddopplebock_zps8513036b.jpg

absofuckinglutely, in some ways thats just as much of a victory.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for posting that, i was in class all day and couldn't see what was going on.

Yeah thanks appreciate that B-R.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#47]
...between this and Obamacare, Landrieu is SO going home next election.

Cassidy's gonna stomp a prize winnin'  mudhole in her at the polls!

Link Posted: 4/17/2013 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#48]
This is great news, cheers fellas.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:36:42 AM EDT
[#49]

You are all welcome on the status report.  Thanks to all of you who called, wrote, and kept the pressure on!  Especially those of you in critical states.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 5:45:55 AM EDT
[#50]
What votes are left, if any?

I thought I heard Reid say something yesterday about having a vote on something this morning.

Page / 63
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top