Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/2/2002 10:03:37 PM EDT
Bring a gun.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:13:33 PM EDT
Brign one of those Gun/Knife AOWs [:D] best of both worlds
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:25:49 PM EDT
I just thought that was common knowledge! Hell, I don't just bring a gun when I'm planning to get into a knife fight, I bring a gun for everything; goin' to the movies, to a ball game, out for ice cream... [;)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 7:08:51 AM EDT
Remember the only real rule of knife fights: Everybody gets cut.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 7:26:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Old_Painless: Remember the only real rule of knife fights: Everybody gets cut.
View Quote
Nope... He who cheats, (uses a gun), wins.....
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 7:26:40 AM EDT
my rule would be throw the fucking knife.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 7:31:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack: Bring a gun.
View Quote
'Problem is that inside of 4-5 feet, a knife will probably do you more good. I know nobody would let a knife-wielding attacker get in that range (or even 5 times that range) given the choice, but sometimes s*** happens. It is [b]possible[/b] to use a gun effectively in this range, but it requires a different way of thinking. If you concentrate on the gun and trying to shoot it, you will get cut. You will probably die. If you think of the gun as a club that just happens to spew flame and death from one end, you might be ok.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 7:38:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By fizassist:
View Quote
'Problem is that inside of 4-5 feet, a knife will probably do you more good. I know nobody would let a knife-wielding attacker get in that range (or even 5 times that range) given the choice, but sometimes s*** happens. It is [b]possible[/b] to use a gun effectively in this range, but it requires a different way of thinking. If you concentrate on the gun and trying to shoot it, you will get cut. You will probably die. If you think of the gun as a club that just happens to spew flame and death from one end, you might be ok.
View Quote
Exactly! At this range, the gun is a hell of a stabbing weapon! Not much on slashing, though...
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 7:46:36 AM EDT
I have to respectfully disagree. The #1 rule of edged weapon use: [b]Winners bleed, losers gush.[/b]
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 8:41:25 AM EDT
i thought it was if u dont have a gun turn around and run like hell.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 8:53:06 AM EDT
View Quote
Exactly my thought upon seeing the title before reading the thread.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 9:24:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By fizassist: [If you think of the gun as a club that just happens to spew flame and death from one end, you might be ok.
View Quote
preach! brother preach!
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 9:51:50 AM EDT
The biggest problem with knife-wielding attackers is the knife. Somehow immoblizing the knife is key (preferably not inside you). Also, grabbing hold of that swinging, stabbing arm would stop the 2nd biggest problem with knife-wielding attackers - momentum. Either way you're in a bad spot. But you'd rather be in a spot we're the knife is still. Pepper spray, stun guns, and the almighty CCW will thwart a knife-guy any day. Or at least slow him down before he shoves a blade up your ass. Scary sh*t though eh? If I don't carry a firearm, I've got pepper spray in the pocket. Anything for the advantage! I think the best way to avoid stabbings and slashings is to not get into knife fights with people. Talk first, give the scum your wallet. Killing someone isn't worth $20 bucks, lawsuits, or the hassle of calling your credit card companies for replacements. I'm preaching to the choir hear but sometimes a little common sense refresher is called for. Don't pull anything out unless you plan to use it...that goes for anything in life![;)] Hey that'd be a great signature eh?
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 9:58:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Hokie: The biggest problem with knife-wielding attackers is the knife.
View Quote
#2 rule of edged weapon use: [b]Defang the snake[/b]
I think the best way to avoid stabbings and slashings is to not get into knife fights with people. Talk first, give the scum your wallet. Killing someone isn't worth $20 bucks, lawsuits, or the hassle of calling your credit card companies for replacements.
View Quote
Bingo!
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 10:28:58 AM EDT
The loser dies The winner goes to the hospital to get stitched up
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 10:33:23 AM EDT
Knife fights suck.... [stick] Go out blazin.. [pistol]
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 11:04:58 AM EDT
Charge a gun. Run from a knife.
Top Top