Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2002 4:28:12 PM EDT
I live in california and the new law that started doesn't allow guns that haven't passed the safety test to be bought or sold by a dealer. So if the gun is no longer produced it can't be sold by a dealer because they can't test it.
I can't afford a new smith and wesson .22 revolver and am looking for a used one from a private party to buy the gun from and transfer through a dealer, does anyone know of a web page with classified ads for the southern CA area?
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Try [url]www.calguns.net[/url]. There's a SoCal-specific section in there.[:)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
On [url]www.gunsamerica.com[/url] you can search by state.

There used to be a site set up to promote person to person sales by state.  Forgot what it is though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct me if I am wrong . I thought private sales were not allowed in Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Ca so-called private sales have to go through FFL's and a mandatory 10 day wait( dont be angry..it used to be a 15 day wait/cooling off period)

Meaning, you got a gun you wanna buy and joe gun owner has one he wants to sell.You both drive down to the local bitter gun shop to do a transfer and YOU wait 10 days.This way, in case your a hothead or wife beater, this 10 day wait/cooling off period will help cool you off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This way, in case your a hothead or wife beater, this 10 day wait/cooling off period will help cool you off.
View Quote

Ah, revenge.  A dish best served cold. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ca so-called private sales have to go through FFL's and a mandatory 10 day wait( dont be angry..it used to be a 15 day wait/cooling off period)
View Quote

Pretty dumb huh? even though I own a few .45's and a 223 and a few shotguns if I want to kill someone according to liberal logic I will go down to the gunstore and buy a additional gun and a less effective caliber to do the job for some reason?

well thanks for the advice guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top