Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/2/2002 4:28:12 PM EDT
I live in california and the new law that started doesn't allow guns that haven't passed the safety test to be bought or sold by a dealer. So if the gun is no longer produced it can't be sold by a dealer because they can't test it. I can't afford a new smith and wesson .22 revolver and am looking for a used one from a private party to buy the gun from and transfer through a dealer, does anyone know of a web page with classified ads for the southern CA area?
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 5:11:53 PM EDT
Try [url]www.calguns.net[/url]. There's a SoCal-specific section in there.[:)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 5:14:47 PM EDT
On [url]www.gunsamerica.com[/url] you can search by state. There used to be a site set up to promote person to person sales by state. Forgot what it is though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 5:31:36 PM EDT
Correct me if I am wrong . I thought private sales were not allowed in Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 5:41:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2002 5:43:14 PM EDT by Tactical_Jew]
Ca so-called private sales have to go through FFL's and a mandatory 10 day wait( dont be angry..it used to be a 15 day wait/cooling off period) Meaning, you got a gun you wanna buy and joe gun owner has one he wants to sell.You both drive down to the local bitter gun shop to do a transfer and YOU wait 10 days.This way, in case your a hothead or wife beater, this 10 day wait/cooling off period will help cool you off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 6:01:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew: This way, in case your a hothead or wife beater, this 10 day wait/cooling off period will help cool you off.
View Quote
Ah, revenge. A dish best served cold. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 6:51:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:14:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew: Ca so-called private sales have to go through FFL's and a mandatory 10 day wait( dont be angry..it used to be a 15 day wait/cooling off period) .
View Quote
Pretty dumb huh? even though I own a few .45's and a 223 and a few shotguns if I want to kill someone according to liberal logic I will go down to the gunstore and buy a additional gun and a less effective caliber to do the job for some reason? well thanks for the advice guys.
Top Top