Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2002 9:07:38 AM EDT

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/10/02/cannibalism.case.ap/index.html]Montana man accused of butchering boy likely won't face charges[/url]

GREAT FALLS, Montana (AP) -- An inmate and former mental patient accused of butchering a 10-year-old boy and feeding him to neighbors likely won't face murder and kidnapping charges because the alleged victim's mother believes her son is alive.

Zachary Ramsay's mother, Rachel Howard, said Tuesday she was prepared to testify she did not believe Nathaniel Bar-Jonah had killed her son in 1996, prompting prosecutors to drop their case.

"I did not want Bar-Jonah to be convicted of a crime that I did not believe he did," Howard said.

In an interview at her attorney's office, Howard said her belief is based on several things, including a videotape she says shows her son at age 12. She said police did not believe the boy in the video was her son.

Bar-Jonah, 45, already serving a 130-year prison sentence in Montana for kidnapping and sexual assault in a separate case, was accused of abducting Zachary while he wa lked to school.

The boy's body was never found, and authorities have said evidence suggests Bar-Jonah killed the boy and disposed of his body in meals served to unsuspecting neighbors.

[b]Searches of Bar-Jonah's house nearly three years ago turned up lists of children's names, including Zachary, and encrypted letters in which Bar-Jonah wrote about such dishes as "little boy stew," "little boy pot pies" and "lunch is served on the patio with roasted child." [/b]

Prosecutor Brant Light said he would ask that the charges be thrown out ahead of a trial scheduled to begin next week. A judge has to approve the request.

"In light of Rachel Howard's testimony, I don't think there's any way we could win this," Light said.

Defense attorney Don Vernay said he was pleased with the prosecutor's decision, but added that he was confident Bar-Jonah would have been acquitted at trial.

Bar-Jonah was convicted earlier this year of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old Great Falls boy, and hanging the boy's 8-year-old cousin from a kitchen ceiling. Those assaults occurred in 1998 and 1999. Bar-Jonah has appealed the verdict.

Bar-Jonah spent 11 years in a Massachusetts mental hospital after one attack in which authorities said he tried to kill two boys.

Before that, he had forced an 8-year-old boy into his car and choked him with his belt. Shortly after his release, he assaulted another boy.

Under a 1991 plea agreement with Massachusetts prosecutors, Bar-Jonah was allowed to move to Montana with his mother. Montana authorities were outraged to learn of the deal after Bar-Jonah's arrest.
View Quote

Why is this cockroach even still alive?????

Why are all the psychiatrists who examined him in Massachusetts and LET HIM GO still alive????

Why is the Massachusetts prosecutors who accepted the plea bargain and LET HIM GO still alive????

Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Let'em go......
my hometown neighbors will take care of him[pissed]

SRM
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Impale the bastard.... on a DULL pole, that tapers really large at a "gentle" slant

[pissed]

edited for [pissed]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have yet to understand why we let individuals like this walk among us. A few years ago a girl disappeared from a nearby town while riding her bike. The town has a pop of a few thousand. The police interviewed over 100 known pedophiles. There are many more of these people than most of us are aware.
Wipe their DNA from the face of the earth.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe he can caddy for OJ while they look for the kid and Nicoles real killer.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/10/02/cannibalism.case.ap/index.html]Montana man accused of butchering boy likely won't face charges[/url]

GREAT FALLS, Montana (AP) -- An inmate and former mental patient accused of butchering a 10-year-old boy and feeding him to neighbors likely won't face murder and kidnapping charges because the alleged victim's mother believes her son is alive.

Zachary Ramsay's mother, Rachel Howard, said Tuesday she was prepared to testify she did not believe Nathaniel Bar-Jonah had killed her son in 1996, prompting prosecutors to drop their case.

"I did not want Bar-Jonah to be convicted of a crime that I did not believe he did," Howard said.

In an interview at her attorney's office, Howard said her belief is based on several things, including a videotape she says shows her son at age 12. She said police did not believe the boy in the video was her son.

Bar-Jonah, 45, already serving a 130-year prison sentence in Montana for kidnapping and sexual assault in a separate case, was accused of abducting Zachary while he wa lked to school.

The boy's body was never found, and authorities have said evidence suggests Bar-Jonah killed the boy and disposed of his body in meals served to unsuspecting neighbors.

[b]Searches of Bar-Jonah's house nearly three years ago turned up lists of children's names, including Zachary, and encrypted letters in which Bar-Jonah wrote about such dishes as "little boy stew," "little boy pot pies" and "lunch is served on the patio with roasted child." [/b]

Prosecutor Brant Light said he would ask that the charges be thrown out ahead of a trial scheduled to begin next week. A judge has to approve the request.

"In light of Rachel Howard's testimony, I don't think there's any way we could win this," Light said.

Defense attorney Don Vernay said he was pleased with the prosecutor's decision, but added that he was confident Bar-Jonah would have been acquitted at trial.

Bar-Jonah was convicted earlier this year of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old Great Falls boy, and hanging the boy's 8-year-old cousin from a kitchen ceiling. Those assaults occurred in 1998 and 1999. Bar-Jonah has appealed the verdict.

Bar-Jonah spent 11 years in a Massachusetts mental hospital after one attack in which authorities said he tried to kill two boys.

Before that, he had forced an 8-year-old boy into his car and choked him with his belt. Shortly after his release, he assaulted another boy.

Under a 1991 plea agreement with Massachusetts prosecutors, Bar-Jonah was allowed to move to Montana with his mother. Montana authorities were outraged to learn of the deal after Bar-Jonah's arrest.
View Quote

Why is this cockroach even still alive?????

Why are all the psychiatrists who examined him in Massachusetts and LET HIM GO still alive????

Why is the Massachusetts prosecutors who accepted the plea bargain and LET HIM GO still alive????

View Quote
Answers to the 3 questions: #1 Hopefully someone who isn't a pussy will take care of the matter.(applies to the other two also) #2 Massachusetts...what else needs to be said..#3 Massachusetts...what else need to be said..
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Trust me, this man does not WANT out of jail. This is my home town and he wouldn't last 2 minutes if he got out.  

he is in solitary right now because the other inmates in the prison have threatened his life.  

the mother is in denial and refuses to testify because a local psycic (sp?) told her that he is still alive.

i still remember when this fuck worked at a local Hardees fast food resturaunt. He used to take "meat" dishes to church pot-lucks. i am sure glad i didn't attend that church.

for the complete story see \url http://www.greatfallstribune.com/news/thebarjonahcase/index.html /url

edit for:   can someone fix that link for me?
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.greatfallstribune.com/news/thebarjonahcase/index.html[/url]

Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, TacticalPenguin.  

the story in this post doesn't even scratch the surface of what this sick asshole did.  This guy makes Dahmer look like a saint.  Read the "evedence" section.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 2:10:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have yet to understand why we let individuals like this walk among us.
View Quote

Becuase for everything short of murder or rape, people say "Oh, that's petty, nobody should go to jail for that...."

Then when they do murder or rape someone, everyone wails "why wasnt he in jail".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top