Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2002 8:21:17 PM EDT
Wendseday: I order a cell phone on the interent, thinking I'm getting a good deal with the 1000 any time minutes, sweet phone, and 500 night and weekend minutes as a bonus for 45 a month. I place order. Thursday: I arrive home from work with a message on my phone from AT&T "Please call Phone #1 ("Phone #1 represents some 800 # they gave me, it will progress w/ 2, 3 4, etc). Apparently they need the last three security digits on the back of my credit card. Website didnt ask for them! Friday: Ok, I call. 20 minute + wait to speak with someone...grrr 25 minutes later, I finally get a person. Turns out, I've gotta call Phone #2. They are open Saturdays. Saturday: I call, wait 10 minutes, get a person. They take my order, oh sorry, we don't deal with those orders, but you can call this office at Phone #3". They're open today as well. I call them, actually get a person in under 5 minutes, "oh sorry, we dont handle those type of orders either." Me:"the other office said you did..." Them: "well, you can call this office at Phone #4, they can help you." Monday rolls around.... I call them, get a person with no wait...but I get a "oh sorry, our Dallas office handels those..., you can reach them at Phone #5". I call Phone #5: 10 minute wait to speak with a person. I explain my problem, guy says, "sure, give me your order number and we'll get everything straightened out" Me: My order # is such and such.." Them: "OK, please hang on a moment, and i'll be right back". Me: "OK". 25 minutes later, STILL HASNT RETURNED. I hang up. Tuesday (today) I call that number again, wait 20 minutes, get a person, and they say, "sorry for all your trouble, but we dont handel those order anymore, but our office in california does.. You can call Phone #6. They are open until 9PM PST." I called Phone #6, waited on hold for THRITY FIVE MINUTES, got a recording that said, "Sorry, please call back during our office hours from such and such to 5PM PST". I'm pissed. I call the only AT&T number I can find that is open right now and speak with a website sales associate, and speak to their superviser. Superviser: Hi, my name is Thomas, what's the problem? Me: The problem is for the past three days I've been given a bunch of bull shit with your piss poor customer serivce. I'm trying to complete my cell phone order. Superviser: Sorry to hear that, what is your order number? Me: it's xxxxxxxxxxx Superviser: Sorry, this office doesnt deal with those orders Me: Three of your other offices have told me you have Superviser: We dont, but you can call Phone #7, and Phone #8, they both handel those type of orders. Anything else I can do for you? Me: No, but I would like to tell you some problems I've been having with your horrible customer serivce. Superviser: OK, lets hear them.... I then explain to him about all the waiting on phones and turns out to be the wrong number, tell him about someone in his office put me on hold for 25 + minutes (I hung up), after saying he'd be right back, and all this other bull shit. Superviser: Sorry to hear that Me: I personally know of 4 people who have dropped your service because of the kind of customer service bull shit I'm expericing know. And you just made 5. Superviser: Well, we here at AT&T M Life thank you for calling and what to remind you that we appreciate your buisness. Have a good evening. Me:You cannot appreciate my buisness because you do not have it, and after all of this bull shit you certainly will not be receiving it either. Do you happen to know Verizon Wireless's phone number? Superviser: Whatever. "click." Hung up on me. God damn I'm PISSED
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 8:26:05 PM EDT
Every time I feel like there is stupid ass problems dropping on me everywhere, I see one of your posts and it makes me feel better... Thanks man Oh, and whatever did you do to that toe, I never did find out Good luck with all your problems
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 8:31:16 PM EDT
I am seriously so F***ing pissed with AT&T right now. I'm going to call one of the other numbers the superviser prick gave me and tell them about all this bulls hit. Then I'm going to speak with their superviser and go up as high as I can go in the "latter of supervisers". Then I am going to DEMAND some sort of compensation, like 6 months FREE USAGE for all of this BS. If they do not comply I will cancel ALL of my AT&T services, tell them that, and also tell them I am going to make it a priority of mine to let everyone I possibly can know about their customer service and how bad it is. I also intend to show them this thread. I dropped a handtruck on my toe loaded with three cases of anti-freeze.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 8:33:32 PM EDT
I would like to know how you got ahold of six diff customer service reps that actually spoke [b]ENGLISH[/b]?!! I don't know if I get good service from them or not because I can't understand the little c@ck suckers!!!![whacko]
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 8:35:11 PM EDT
That's what you get for ordering Cell Service off the Internet!! Go to a brick-n-mortor and get the job done right the first time!
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 8:35:19 PM EDT
at least you didn't injure yourself... [:D] Customer service is the missing link in modern business. Every call center I have seen has employed the bottom of the barrel dregs for very low wage to answer the ACD calls. It's a major Faux Pas but no upper level-(read 'borrowed millions from the company')- executive gives a crap about what the mass-markets customers have to put up with. They know that it's the same at every center, every vendor. If one of these utterly visionless and free from inspiration "leaders" ever get a clue that Customer service is key to success, watch out. The end of the world would soon follow...
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 9:04:38 PM EDT
I ordered T-mobile from Amazon.com. The phone came with a number in the wrong area code from my home (I'm on the border though). I called Customer service. Was on hold for about 20 seconds. People said no problem, gave some info, was done in five minutes and got to pick my last four digits as well. Very bend over backward to please you attitude on the phone. I think it was mandatory for them as it was almost over the top. OK, went to cancel my Cingular service because I hate those bastards. Went to the Cingular store, owned by them, not one of the Parrot Cellular conversions. Was told I could not cancel at the store (though I could sign up there? WTF?) So they put me on the phone. Person cancels my account and I ask for the unlock code to my phone as I would like to use it with the T-mobile, not a fan of Motorola that it came with. Anyhew, the person tells me they can't give me the code after I cancel. I'm like WTF, it is my phone, give me the damn code. Anyhew the person finally starts to help me out but tells me I need to pay off the account and call back. OK, do that right then and call back. New guy says he can't do anything but will talk to his manager. Guy comes back after five minutes, says two words the line goes dead. By this time I'm irate. I call back and start yelling at whoever answers. Get the same BS response, ask to talk to manager who says I can't get the code. Finally he realizes that the first person was already going to get me the code as I told him to reactivate the account, get the code, and deactivate it. They are still supposed to email me the code. We'll see if that happens. Whole process took forty five minutes. A customer in line actually congratulated me for giving them hell the whole time. Ugh. Never going back again. Worth it though. I love the Erricson T28. BTW, AT&T customer service for cable and internet is awful, as well. I would have picked them for cellular as they have far and away the best coverage here, but damn, I can't give those bastard any more money.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 9:25:04 PM EDT
I got this phone call twice, and gave the same response both times. Hello? Mr. X Yes. This is MCI Verizon wireless. Your are one of our valued MCI customers. Did you know MCI and Verizon are now parteners in wireless network? NO. We would like to offer you a great deal in wireles... I dont want a cell phone. Why not? When I leave the house, I dont want anyone to phone me. What if you need to call 911. Lady, thats why I carry a handgun. Silence..then a chuckle. Then she says you may need to call 911 anyway. I say, Lady, I dial 9mm not 911. She is polite and still chuckling when I hang up. Two weeks later I get the same call from a male operater and the same responses are given. The guy asks me "what kind of gun do you carry?" I said" None of your business" and hung up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:42:42 AM EDT
WTF is up with business's these days? How come none of the big business's don't have anything resembling customer service. The company currently on the top of my sh!tlist is Qwest.. for 4 months they can't get my f'n bill straight. everytime I call the person who "helps" me said they see why and it will be 'fixed' this time. [pissed] ....maybe Ammoman can branch off and have a corporate customer service class or somethin'?? [:)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:45:17 AM EDT
Right on, Captain Pooby. I've got ATT telephone, internet and cable. Telephone because the sales guy who called my wife BS'd her about what it was going to cost and by the time we found out that it was BS it would have cost more to change back to Bell South than it was worth. They are a few bucks a month cheaper than Bell South, though. Cable TV because we have no choice Internet because the price is fairly competitive, I always get on quickly, they have it rigged so I don't get pop up ads---and I'm too damned lazy to see if I can get I better deal somewhere else [:D] All that being said, I'd dump 'em in a minute if I was presented even equivalent deals from other sources. Why? Because billing, service, etc,etc are all in different parts of the country, and when you call them with a problem they tell you lies and evasions. Re the cellphone thing, don't have one, don't want one! From what I hear from those who do have them, all the cellphone companies end up driving you crazy. Even if they start out with good service, the longer you're with them, the worse it gets.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:51:02 AM EDT
At&T plain and simples sucks. I have more problems with them at work with customer service issues. I call it the Walmarting of American customer service. We all want to pay lowest prices and get the best customer service. Guess what, you usually don't get both.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 6:18:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:03:50 AM EDT
If it's any reassurance, AT&T's cable internet people are just as screwed in the head. I tried moving an email address from one account to another, and silly me, I thought that the proper way would be to delete it from one account, then recreate it under the other. No dice, their system locks out emails from future use. After 5 phone calls and 2 web chats with techs, I never got a straight answer as to how long it would be until my email address could be restored, or what they could do to bring it back manually. Answers I received included 'any minute now', '30 days', '3 months' '6 months' and 'never.' I had one tech tell me that it was impossible to do, and that he was closing my call, only to find out later that it was still opened. When I called and spoke to a supervisor, he said it was opened and had been escalated to the proper department. I called a few days after that and found out that the call was closed. I finally lost hope and changed my email address. If it was available to me, the only way I would have changed my email address would have been to 'ameritech.net' [pissed]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:24:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:28:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2002 7:30:16 AM EDT by stealthboy]
I cancelled all long distance service because of all this nonsense. AT&T, MCI, whatever; they're all awful. I just use a pre-paid calling card for the limited long-distance calling I do. Has saved me hundreds of dollars and lots of trouble. I also cancelled Sprint PCS as my cell phone provider because of their poor service. They still send me a bill every month for $0.00. That's fine with me; it's their 37 cents they waste every month. I have Cingular now and it's slightly better. I just hate every company that pretends to have customer service. It's all a scam to make sure your customer gets lost in a massive phone tree with stupid recordings. The only company that I have been impressed with again and again in customer service is First Union bank. Every call I get a real person in 10 seconds and the person actually helps me. Amazing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 8:53:26 AM EDT
AT&T is awful![puke] Customer service is a joke, a staggering level of incompetence is displayed at every level. Hopefully they will go bankrupt soon. I hate AT&T.[pissed]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 9:47:10 AM EDT
i have verizon wireless for the last 3 years,good customer service,even work with you.been late on my bill a few times they have never call and ask about it yet.(put there is always the first),never has taken more than 2 mins. to talk to human.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 9:53:19 AM EDT
Lies & poor service cost them my personal account & my businesses. I've told them so many times. If these guys could put as much energy into retention as they do creation of accounts they would be better off. You can only knock on so many doors but they think there is an unlimited sply of doors.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:12:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 1:22:19 PM EDT
I called both the numbers today that the superviser named Thomas gave me. One was disconnected The other was for people with ATT cell phone service, that was already in use for more than 30 days. Couldnt do a damn thing. Bitch was VERY UNHELPFUL about who I should call. I just came home from work (yeah, took time off because of this) to get some other AT&T numbers so I could call and bitch about their poor service. I find a fed ex package on my door step w/ phone. It has service. I just checked it out. Apparently, they didnt need my last three security digits, the woman who called apparently also called for nothing. She made me go through ALL OF THIS BULL SHIT FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I [b]HATE[/b] AT&T.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 2:04:59 PM EDT
At least you didn't shoot your eye out! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 2:37:14 PM EDT
Well, on a more cheerful note, I am quite happy with the cellphone service AT&T is providing. Nationwide roaming, free long distance, all calls are 12 cents a minute, incoming (all free) and outgoing (ten cents apiece) SMS and e-mail, free voicemail, free caller ID, and I can even place international calls for a cheaper rate than with the landline. And unless I'm hiking through the swamps of Louisiana, the signal strength and voice quality is amazing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:27:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ComputerGuy: Do you happen to know Verizon Wireless's phone number?
View Quote
It's 1-800-2 join in (800-256-4646) If you have any issues w/ customer service, you may talk to me as I am a supervisor there!
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:29:07 PM EDT
My AT&T story... During my college years, I needed to set up new accounts for phone, electric, etc... when a roommate of mine left, as all services were in his name from years previous. I switched to AT&T after listening to a short sales pitch from someone on the phone. I ordered their one rate something, which at the time was 9 cents per minute. Three months later, I notice that I am paying much more than 9 cents a minute. We were being charged standard tariffs, which were around 26 cents per minute. I immediately phoned AT&T customer service, acknowledging my neglect in noticing the problem earlier, but requesting that the situation be corrected and a refund of the overcharges made. There was a record in their system of me ordering service, but no record of me requesting any special package rate. In addition, my service order did not come directly through AT&T, but a contract telemarketer that they hire to spray the nation with calls. Long story short, they would only refund the last 30 days. I was getting approximately $30 of the $120 I was overcharged. Fast forward two months. After receiving two mail offers to switch to AT&T (including those cute $50 and $100 checks), I sent responses to AT&T HQ asking why they would pay me to switch, but not refund my money that they overcharged when I was a customer. One day I receive a call from a lady at Customer Service HQ. She apologized for my inconvenience, and sent me a check for the remainder of what I was owed. Credit goes to them for fixing the situation. Demerits for not taking care of me when I was a customer, assuming I would switch back after they screwed me, and taking so long to finally resolve the issue. I still do not have any AT&T service. Another topic can be devoted to the now-defunct WorldCom Wireless service. -Ed
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:36:31 PM EDT
[b]Don't support AT&T - they are firmly ANTI-GUN![/b] For long distance, use Vartec - 5 cents a minute all day every day, no fees, no signup - nothing but 5 cents a minute. Just dial 1010811 + your number. For cell phones - not one out there that's not anti-gun that I know of.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:40:32 PM EDT
The company I used to work for, has a new program. The customer service and tech support calls are routed directly to INDIA! That way you don't have to deal with someone here who can't speak English,they put you through directly to a foreign country! "I'm sorry, could I speak to someone that DOES have electricity and running water in their home?" It's as bad as having to deal with an "apartment dweller" when I call my mortgage company.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:44:09 PM EDT
...After receiving two mail offers to switch to AT&T (including those cute $50 and $100 checks), -Ed
View Quote
I always just cashed those checks. Even when I didn't have home phone service.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 9:27:21 PM EDT
I just realized that AT&T gave me a LONG DISTANCE PHONE NUMBER!!!!!!!!! God DAMNIT!!! Now I've got to take MORE time off of work to deal with this. I have to stop by an AT&T store and get a new cim or whatever card. Woofuckinghoo.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:15:03 PM EDT
The company I used to work for, has a new program. The customer service and tech support calls are routed directly to INDIA!
View Quote
One vendor we buy equipment from recently did that. Other than having to repeat myself and having to ask them to repeat themselves due to language difficulties and the fact that their phone lines are half-duplex, the service is much better! The people answering the phone are much more polite, listen before trying to offer suggestions, and they know much more about the system they sell. The time on hold also was reduced from about 20 minutes to less than a minute. Even cisco has used techs in Belgium for years. I cringe whenever I call cisco and have someone that speaks English natively answer the phone. Typically, they'll transfer rather than help. "Not my problem," seems to be the American way when it comes to customer support via the phone.z
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:41:09 PM EDT
Typical big company. Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Some day I could write a book on how to keep from getting screwed by your telecommunications company. I have worked for many different telecomm companies. I would refer you to my wife's secretary's son. He's an AT&T wireless rep. However his group can't sell out of the local calling area. LOL not kidding.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 11:43:23 PM EDT
Nothing wrong with AT&T customer service until they start not cooperating. Just the other week I got them to reverse $123.00 from my C-phone bill.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 11:46:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Guzzler: That's what you get for ordering Cell Service off the Internet!! Go to a brick-n-mortor and get the job done right the first time!
View Quote
This is really what you should've done. Walk in and out with the phone working. Doesn't get much easier than that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 6:18:30 PM EDT
Ok, I stopped by an AT&T authorized dealer today. Me: Umm, the AT&T phone rep said I need a CSA change. AT&T rep: Sorry, we cant do that here. You've gotta go to such and such office. Closest one to me is 30 min away. Grrr I'm just going (trying) to have them mail me one. I called AT&T back again... Waited 8 minutes before first person picked up... and I got to hear "sorry, we dont handel those anymore... lemme transfer you to the correct department".. Waited 10 minutes before first person, Pablo picked up. Me, yeah, I need you to mail me a new cim card. My phone number is long distance. Pablo: Sorry, we cant do that here, let me transfer you to the correct department Me: Apparently the last person who transfered me was going to transfer me to the correct department. Pablo: Sorry about that, they must have messed up or something. I'll transfer you know. I'm on hold with them right now. 13 minutes and counting. I wonder if I can use this phone with Verizon Wireless????? Hmmm.... Also, I had zero service (like, cell phone usage) today. I looked every hour or so. None. I needed to make a call to. Fuckers. I had to use a friends VERIZON WIRELESS phone. God damn, talk about PISS POOR!!!!!!!! I have service now, but only the first little bar thingy is lit up..so it's crappy... still on hold...
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 6:35:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2002 6:35:55 PM EDT by ComputerGuy]
Some guy picked up finally. He his nice and polite, a little hard to understand, but he's being as helpful he can....
Top Top