Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#1]
"I do not care about "changing things" or helping people."

obviously.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#2]
[b]No one should go to jail for marijuana.[/b]

I have to agree with that to a point.

What constitutes sale 1 joint or 1,000 of lbs? How about if that sale of a joint adds up to selling Hundreds of lbs. Now lets say the money is going for Guns to kill cops or Bombs for terrorist groups.

See it isn't that simple any more. Lets look at how the price has increased say 500%, from what I know. Where is that money going and who profits from it. It's not going to the farmer and his family.

14 yrs old....I don't think an adult should be selling to children just like tobacco Companies should not.

If this is a first time offense give him the time, maybe he will think what he was doing. Most likely he will not and you will arrest him again. Chances are he is selling more than just Reefer. He got lucky that he wasn't busted for some other stuff this time.

Link Posted: 10/2/2002 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ar15fan, you have just wasted more of our tax dollars. You have not changed anything.
View Quote

You assume to much. I am not a crusader or social worker. I do not care about "changing things" or helping people. I do my job becuase it pays well and becuase it is fun. When it's no longer fun, I will quit and do something else I enjoy.
View Quote

"Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

You need to find a new line of work before you get yourself or someone else killed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow.

I have lost more respect for the people on this board in general over these recent drug discussions than I thought I even had in the first place. We have people that place the blame for a [red] crime [/red] squarely on the child and her parents on the board and rather than ripping him a new one everybody agrees:

Originally by iiioxx

In fact, [red]lock the whole family up together, that way they can use the 90 days to figure out why they are so fucked up. Or maybe they'll just shank each other and save everyone else the frustration. [/red].

[red]As for the drug dealer, he should go free and his pot, cash, baggies, scale, and cellphone should be returned to him posthaste. In fact, he should be paid a compensation for the inconvenience as well, and be given a formal apology from the chief of police[/red].
View Quote

Originally by Max_Power:
What is a 14 year old girl doing out at 2:20 on a school night? Doesn't anyone think the parents should share some of the blame here? Selling drugs to kids is wrong, but I think the cops could find a better way to serve the community.
View Quote

Originally by maelcum:
Personally it sounds to me like the real criminals here are this girl's parents.

If people would just exert a little PARENTAL CONTROL over their offspring, an awful lot of problems would diminish.

Alternatively, maybe we should outlaw the breeding of idiots :)
View Quote

Originally by Hellraiser:
The real crime here is the 14 year old girl being out at that time. You should have let the drug dealing scum go and taken the 14 year old girl home and find out why the hell the parents can't take care of her as parents should. I have 3 kids and I damn well know where they are at 2:20 am.
View Quote

What is this shit? Really?
I would be surprised to hear this crap from a liberal.
Hellraiser, if there wasn't a real child involved I would hope that one of your kids sneaks out  some time, gets high and has sex with the drug dealer. That way you can go down to the police station, tell them you don't want to press any charges and proceed to beat the shit out of your child. Because you believe in family values!!!

AR15fan: It is obvious that you were just doing your job, sentencing and the fact that the laws exist are far beyond your control. In any case I would say good job, and I hope that you continue to arrest those losers.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
AR15fan...By what you've described, there is more than the controlled substance offense. Is the 90day okay? No. Would the 1-3yrs have been okay? No. The County Attourney & Judge should be put charged for aiding & abetting. All-in-all it doesn't sound like the perp got a "fair" trial...maybe he should have been tried in a different court, like Street Court...Bud
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Drugs are illegal.  Drug dealers make lots of money and pay no taxes whatsoever.  Until they are legalized, the guy needs to be arrested.  would you want drug dealers soliciting business in your respective neighborhoods even if they are only pushing weed?

Link Posted: 10/2/2002 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
He received a higher punishment than h'ed get here.  6 months probation would probably be the most.

BTW:  Want to really get slammed in Texas?  Provide alcohol to a minor.

Ar15fan,  Like my supervisor says: "You and your guys did a good job.  Now get out there and do it again"
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm always surprised that so many here find Marijuana so acceptable and/or that it is "no big deal".

I just caught my housemate with a bowl. I happened to see it sitting on his dresser as I was walking by his room. My primary concern has to do more with the people he is associating with. In my personal experience, people who smoke pot, or do any other illegal substance or activity for that matter, are not the most trustworthiest people on earth.

I have since removes all firearms from my house. Forbidden him from bringing substances and/or friends, into the house again, and am still considering eviction.

How old must one be before you realize that THE PEOPLE YOU HANG AROUND WITH DETERMINES WHO YOU WILL BE.

Now, go smoke your pot.

Losers.

--LS
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I haveto ask- AR15Fan,what happened to the girl?? Did you pop her for possesion? Did you contact or notify her parents? Did you do anything to help her??
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Keep aresting them guy!!!

Fuck that sorry lowlife bastard.  Sure the parents are responsible, society is responsible for not raising their kids too.  That "little bitch" as some have said is really an innocent bystandar which is a result of poor parenting in a poor society.  I'm not saying its impossible for a decent parent to end up with a crazy ass kid, but I'd be willing to bet that this is the girls regular business to stroll around the hood at 2 in the morning.  I don't think I coudl be a cop, I don't think I'd be able to resist putting a round in his ass.

I am damn sure planning on raising my kids, the first time I realzed my boy was "testing me, and I coudl tell that he knew he was misbehaving....I pulled his diaper off and gave him a whupin.  There is damn sure not gonna be any runnign all over town BS as a teenager, and there won't be any spending the night with anyone until I meet their parents and fel comfortable doing such.  Yep, i'll give the boy hell, just like my Mom and Dad did for me.  And I do mean until he graduates.

AM I forgiving the drug dealer, HELL NO, he shoudl get 10 fuckin years and the second ofense should be 20+  for sellign to kids.  I'd say legalize right now if we could put people that sell to kids in jail for 10-20 years at a time.  Then of course we'd have to make prison alot more unpleasant experience too.

If there was an actual deterent they would't be doing it nearly as much.  But then you'll run into even more dangerous dealers with even more $$$ with the ones that

I just don't see legalization working....

But the guy selling to a little girl.... he should hang.  He can work out his sins with the Lord Almighty.  We have a responsibility to keep kids safe from this shit. Decent parenting sure as hell wouldn't hurt either.

I read someone post regarding a deep freezer, a 45, and a hacksaw, this Idea would get a bit more attention from me if I caught someone trying to sell to my kids....

Then again if I know where the hell they're at it'd be kinda hard for them to meet such folk.

Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Every time a "drug thread" gets going here, I sick back, read and enjoy.  It truly, TRULY amazes me the level of vitriole some of you all have towards drugs and the like.  This seems to be something that has two sides and no middle ground, and I guess that's how it oughta be, kinda like abortion.  But, and I want this NOTED, when your guns are made to be illegal, I FULLY EXPECT ALL OF YOU NO-DRUGS GROUP to be the FIRST in line to turn 'em in.  After all, it's illegal, and Uncle Sugar OBVIOUSLY knows best.  I learn most things I need to know about a person by their feelings on guns, abortion and drugs.  And frankly, some of you in here, due to the sheer hypocrisy of your convictions, worry me.  Remember: you are to be FIRST IN LINE when guns are outlawed!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I just don't see legalization working....
View Quote

Could it POSSIBLY be any more of a catastrophie than "illegalization" is????  Hmmmmm????
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#13]
You know  have tried, really tried to go with the legalization opinion.  You bring up many fine points.

But you seem to think we can rid ourselves of the drug dealers simply by legalization.  

Unless we make it legal to take EVERY drug including CHILDREN there will still be drug dealers an people buying it for them no matter what penalties woud be imposed. It might even make it a higher paying job if the penalties were more stiff.

Fuck the victimless crime defense, even if you're an (every other) law abiding citizen smokin a joint in the bedroom late when the kids are asleep, you have contributed to the sorry ass drug dealers, whose main customer base (no figures, but I don't personally know any grown folks that smoke weed or anything else, and if I do they hide it really well, and have lied about their values)

You say its easier for kids to get weed than alcohol????  I wouldn't know but I don't think it is difficult at all for kids to get either.

A lot of kids want these drugs becasue they know they aren't suppose to have em.

You could say just legalize pot, but I would bet that would increase the demand for something "cooler" and more dangerous to the kids.  There was a time when smokin a marlboro was a huge step-out.

I really bothers me when people start comparing the RKBA to drugs... There is no parallel between the two.  I don't see how anybody can truely feel this way in their hearts.  I think some are just trying to justify legalization either beacause:

[size=4]A:[/size=4] They think it's an arguement that supports their RKBA with the ole inanimate objects don't harm people arguement.  That's just plain stupid,  gun dealers aren't on the street selling guns to little girls that have to suck people off to buy a pre-ban. The dealer/pusher will convince kids that drugs make ya feel good and they don't give a shit if you OD, end up stlealing shit, or had to suck a room full of cock to get the $$$ for your next snort/puff whatever, or if you robbed a little ole lady to get the $$$

[size=4]B:[/size=4]The argument may be becasue they are trying to justify to themselves that their stash hasn't harmed anyone and that they haven't in any way supported the EVILs of the drug "industry".  In response I point to the VALID "Stacy is responsible for terrorism/gang violence" commercial to prove that three is a link.  NO one is saying that you pulled the trigger, but I ask you, If noone bought drugs would the trigger have been pulled.  I think this a very valid argument to put to the kiddies and young adults.  If there was no market for them, people wouldn't have to die in order for you to get your kicks.  I think it's perfectly fine to use the guilt trip method, and let them know how it is that they're getting their kicks and what it has caused others....Victimless my ass...

No, we probably can't stop the under age drug demand.  I beleive sorry ass parenting is a huge contributing factor, but then again when mom and dad both work 50+ hours a week and can't wait to get the hell away fromt their kids what the hell do they expect.

This doesn't exuse the sorry ass drug dealers, pushers, or recipients of blow jobs from little girls who are feining for their next dose by any means.

If we were to legalize, I think it's hard to say how it would go, but like I say there will still be plenty of drug dealers unless we make it legal for our kids too.  Are you proposing this ???     Again I'd imagine most dealers make their money from the kids and folks younger than abut 21, but let me know if I'm mistaken.

The only purpose legalization would serve is to remove the "legal responsibility" of adult drug users, unless of course you're proposing we legalize for the children too...      

I[size=3]IF YOU HAVE A STASH OF POT, CRACK, HEROINE, PCP, OR WHATEVER DRUGS ARE OUT HERE,

[/size=3]

[size=4]YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU KNOW YOU'RE WRONG!!!
[/size=4]

Regardless of what the law says.

I'm not going to get too deep into the what about tabacco vs pot vs alcohol, I think none are wholesome, and I'm not saying I've never drank a beer by anbny means, but I consider it wrong to get drunk.  I've smoked and dipped copenhagen too, I also think that is "wrong" too.  Like with the Homosexuals, I can't say I hate all homo's, even though I'm disgusted by it.  I hate the sin not the sinner, well I try not to hate the sinner... I'm sure there are many fine folks out there who have "used" and are fine upstanding individuals now, I know a few myself.

I might could go along with moving the acceptability line from alcohol to weed, but as I say, then it wouldn't be as popular with the kiddies if it were legal.
We do need a line drawn somewhere, and I think it's aceptable where the line is drawn right now.

The reason the "war on drugs" doesn't work is becasue of BS like plea barganing, and judges that don't send these criinals to prison long enough.  The criminals that do go aren't deterred from comming back  to prison enough, becasue they have their drugs in there too, along with cable TV.  If they'd start sending street dealers for 5-10yrs the first offense, and 10-20 fothe second, it just wouldn't pay to be a dealer af5ter awhile.

I've read that alot of cops don't bother in many cities becasue they know they will be putting their lives in danger and the judge will just turn him loose in no time flat.  

Anywyas...

Thanks AR15fan, I'd be very grateful if you were to take a crimanl off my streets.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Personally it sounds to me like the real criminals here are this girl's parents.

If people would just exert a little PARENTAL CONTROL over their offspring, an awful lot of problems would diminish.

View Quote

Don't have kids do you?
Please read this and tell me if you feel the same way:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=145428&w=searchPop[/url]
View Quote

Yes, I have a daughter.  I read the thread you linked to and it does not back up whatever your point is.  That thread and this one show the lack of parental control that several have mentioned.  I garauntee that my daughter would not be out at 0220 for any reason unless her mother or I were with her.  If she had sneaked out, she would have gotten an ass whipping and then been grounded for a long time.  She knew that and did not even attempt this kind of crap.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wow.

I have lost more respect for the people on this board in general over these recent drug discussions than I thought I even had in the first place. We have people that place the blame for a [red] crime [/red] squarely on the child and her parents on the board and rather than ripping him a new one everybody agrees:

Originally by iiioxx

In fact, [red]lock the whole family up together, that way they can use the 90 days to figure out why they are so fucked up. Or maybe they'll just shank each other and save everyone else the frustration. [/red].

[red]As for the drug dealer, he should go free and his pot, cash, baggies, scale, and cellphone should be returned to him posthaste. In fact, he should be paid a compensation for the inconvenience as well, and be given a formal apology from the chief of police[/red].
View Quote

Originally by Max_Power:
What is a 14 year old girl doing out at 2:20 on a school night? Doesn't anyone think the parents should share some of the blame here? Selling drugs to kids is wrong, but I think the cops could find a better way to serve the community.
View Quote

Originally by maelcum:

View Quote

Originally by Hellraiser:
The real crime here is the 14 year old girl being out at that time. You should have let the drug dealing scum go and taken the 14 year old girl home and find out why the hell the parents can't take care of her as parents should. I have 3 kids and I damn well know where they are at 2:20 am.
View Quote

What is this shit? Really?
I would be surprised to hear this crap from a liberal.
Hellraiser, if there wasn't a real child involved I would hope that one of your kids sneaks out  some time, gets high and has sex with the drug dealer. That way you can go down to the police station, tell them you don't want to press any charges and proceed to beat the shit out of your child. Because you believe in family values!!!

AR15fan: It is obvious that you were just doing your job, sentencing and the fact that the laws exist are far beyond your control. In any case I would say good job, and I hope that you continue to arrest those losers.
View Quote

OH, you have lost respect for us.  Boo Fucking Hoo.

If you don't see the fault in the parents for not having more control over their kids, who cares.  As you have asked, do you have children?  If you found out that she had sneaked out and was running around at 0220, what would you do to HER?  Never mind the guy with the pot, what you or the law would do to him is another matter. I want to know what you would do to her.  Never mind the sermon about family values, what would you do to her?

What is this 'I would be surprised to hear this crap from a liberal' crap?  Are you calling someone here a liberal?  The liberal viewpoint would be to not blame the child or the parents, but blame someone else or society.

I am not saying the guy should not be punished.  He should recieve the same punishment as if he had been selling beer to a minor.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Great post Bign.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't have kids do you?
Please read this and tell me if you feel the same way:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=145428&w=searchPop[/url]
View Quote

Yes, I have a daughter.  I read the thread you linked to and it does not back up whatever your point is.  That thread and this one show the lack of parental control that several have mentioned.  I garauntee that my daughter would not be out at 0220 for any reason unless her mother or I were with her.  [red]If she had sneaked out, she would have gotten an ass whipping and then been grounded for a long time.[/red]  She knew that and did not even attempt this kind of crap.  
View Quote

That was my point Larry. You would take it out on your kid, without being mad at the drug dealer. I just don't see anyone that is NOT on drugs saying something so stupid. You are either arguing in "ideals and principles" instead of reality or you are a bad parent. Anyone that would put the feelings or rights of a drug dealer above the well being of their child can go to hell as far as I am concerned. Preferably after being ass raped in prison for the next fifty years.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#17]
To answer your question: I would punish my child. But I would punish her to protect her, and keep her out of the position in the future.

I would not punish her to show her that "I'm the king you little punk". Or abuse her with whatever pathetic power I had, to make myself feel like a man. But I guess that you should just use whatever method suits you.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks AR15fan [beer]

Another drug dealer off the streets, if only for a couple of months.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top