Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/27/2002 10:30:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2002 7:38:26 PM EDT by sharky30]
anyone watch this? it's ok. I did notice tonight that the character played by the Baldwin that played Animal Mother in Full Metal Jacket has a sawed off rifle like McQueen had on that western he was in best pic of the gun I could find [img]http://www.tvacres.com/wanted_mares.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:33:56 PM EDT
That would be the old "Mare's Leg" A shortened Winchester '92 in 44-40WCF or 38-40WCF They are interesting anyways [:D] Probably illegal to make though without a tax stamp of some sort
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:36:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TacticalPenguin: That would be the old "Mare's Leg" A shortened Winchester '92 in 44-40WCF or 38-40WCF They are interesting anyways [:D] Probably illegal to make though without a tax stamp of some sort
View Quote
The studio (IIRC) made four. Three non-firing and one blank gun. They had to get the proper forms to make the SBRs..... BTW, here's a trivia question: On the show (NOT REAL WORLD) what caliber was the Mare's Leg supposedly? Scott
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:39:50 PM EDT
Does it weigh less than 50 ounces? If so, it might not be NFA if it doesnt have a stock. But then again, I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:44:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DScottHewitt: The studio (IIRC) made four. Three non-firing and one blank gun. They had to get the proper forms to make the SBRs..... BTW, here's a trivia question: On the show (NOT REAL WORLD) what caliber was the Mare's Leg supposedly?
View Quote
44-40, at least that is what the only real Mare's leg I ever saw was..... I neve rever saw the show I go tot fire that mare's leg, it was interesting, but I woudl rather have a wheel gun to look western, a Schoefield, hmmmm, yeah
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:47:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DScottHewitt:BTW, here's a trivia question: On the show (NOT REAL WORLD) what caliber was the Mare's Leg supposedly?
View Quote
Didn't McQueen's character wear .45-70 Govt cartridges on his gun belt? Obviously, they couldn't be chambered. -934
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 10:48:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By racer934:
Originally Posted By DScottHewitt:BTW, here's a trivia question: On the show (NOT REAL WORLD) what caliber was the Mare's Leg supposedly?
View Quote
Didn't McQueen's character wear .45-70 Govt cartridges on his gun belt? Obviously, they couldn't be chambered. -934
View Quote
BINGO! That was quick. (None of the prop guns could chamber the .45-70s that McQueen wore...... Scott
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 7:41:20 PM EDT
a little later 'Animal Mother' had some sort of revolver with a red dot sight of some kind. at least this show has a lot of guns I saw an ad somewhere for a working replica of the Mare's Leg. fine print said it needed an AOW license (maybe not that one, but it was one of the stupid ATF 'pay a lot of money' things)
Top Top