Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/27/2002 8:37:37 PM EDT
There was program on about the Robbery/Homicide and ATTF (auto theft task force). Seemed ok at first. The ATTF was pulling over a car they suppected was stolen. Turns out it wasn't, but the driver had a .357 between his legs. They got him out of the car and had him secured. Here's where the BS starts. One of the A$$holes starting saying things like "Hey Jimmie (or whatever the Fu(k his buddy's name was) look at this, hollowpoint bullets." Then he said these are copkillers....they're telfon coated....designed to go through body armor. What a f*(king loser A$$hole shooting out lies for the camera. They were lead hollow points, the absolute worst bullet for defeating body armor other than maybe fragible bullets. Then a guy from the same group at the end of the show is "sweating bullets" about firearms qualification. Seemed to me that the guy probably only shot his firearm when it was required of him (ie probably once or twice a year). Typical. We'll protect you if we don't accidentally shoot you while trying to shoot a criminal. I know some LEOs and they're good people. They need to put them on TV not some idiot shooting his mouth off about something he knows nothing about.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 9:02:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 9:58:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2002 10:00:27 PM EDT by fatty]
"Hey Jimmy, look, it's a Jersey cop! The one with a hollow-point brain, those have have teflon-coated tongues, designed to go through truth! You know, 'FACT-KILLERS!" -seriously, not all cops are mis-informed idiots, just the ones they show on TV!
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 4:44:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By fatty: "Hey Jimmy, look, it's a Jersey cop! The one with a hollow-point brain, those have have teflon-coated tongues, designed to go through truth! You know, 'FACT-KILLERS!" -seriously, not all cops are misinformed idiots, just the ones they show on TV!
View Quote
How true. But these are the ones the un-informed masses listen to.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 8:41:16 AM EDT
You've heard of the "best and the brightest"? Here in Jersey we have the "worst and the dumbest" in terms of LEOs. Not all to be sure, but far, far too many.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:16:53 AM EDT
Most cops cant shoot worth a crap and know jackshit about guns. I met two the other day who had only fired their service weapon,,never owned a personal firearm and had fired a total of about 500 rounds in 2 or 3 years including the academy. Asking, an unskilled but hopefully well intentioned idiot for a professional opinion is always a bad idea. Most cops know the locker room B.S. and little else about guns and ammo. Their tactics are liability limited, training is mostly for drunks and wife beaters and many have never shot or collected firearms for pleasure. I do not care to have them passed off as experts on many things. I recall a year or two ago,,In New Haven, Conn. they refused to hire people that scored to high on an I.Q. test. They said smart people make lousy cops,,you have to be just smart enough to pass the test and stupid enough to obey orders like a dog, was the reasoning.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:23:39 AM EDT
I remember watching one of these shows and when they pulled a guy over he informed them that he was legally carrying a concealed handgun. They started giving him a bunch of shot about why did he think he needs that, was he out looking for trouble, etc. Then they realized that he had 147gr hollowpoints in his 9mm and they started giving him even more shit about how those were subsonic and were for LEO only. What a crock of shit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:27:41 AM EDT
That's nothing, I met a retired FBI agent the other day and he didn't know jackshit about firearms either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:53:13 AM EDT
I gotta agree with the "some cops are dumber than a bag of hammers about firearms" statement. I formerly worked for a company that manufactured a pretty decent gun cleaner, and once me and the only other firearms-appreciative individual at the firm worked a table at the Crossroads of the West gunshow. I was APPALLED at the cavalier attitude that some LEOs had about their weapons (cleaning, marksmanship, etc). NO WONDER that some people are pushing for smart-gun thechnology, mainly for law enforcement. A few of the guys I talked to aren't SMART ENOUGH to use a DUMB GUN. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not anti LEO (hell, I got a relative that's a cop, and two of my dive buddies in Kalifornistan are CHP) but there are, like in the civilian world, ABSOLUTE IDIOTS that somehow made it to a position of authority.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:28:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Hoplophile: I remember watching one of these shows and when they pulled a guy over he informed them that he was legally carrying a concealed handgun. They started giving him a bunch of shot about why did he think he needs that, was he out looking for trouble, etc. Then they realized that he had 147gr hollowpoints in his 9mm and they started giving him even more shit about how those were subsonic and were for LEO only. What a crock of shit.
View Quote
Just ask any cop and he will tell you that a civilian in possession of a gun, legally or not, is a danger to all law enforcement officers. Those that don't are lying.
Top Top