Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2002 12:37:04 PM EDT
I know it sounds silly, but it seems that after checking out the General Forum during the day, the TV and radio news is just a re-run.  I feel pretty good to be a part of a group who stays more current in the news than most journalists.  Plus, the beauty of it is that often times the posts contain linkage directly to source material.  Much better than hearing it second hand from Dan Rather.  Keep it up!
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
www.AR15.com is my home page for a reason.  You folks do all the footwork finding this stuff and I become educated, cheapest damn school I ever went to.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have to admit, it seems that just moments after the news breaks elsewhere, it shows up here.
View Quote

Actually I believe that news shows up here [b]BEFORE[/b] it happens! [whacko]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to admit there is a huge amount of information concerning events that go on during the day throughout all over the world that is covered here!

Just reading the different posts and viewing all the different links that go along with different news articles makes the evening news sorta boring and actually quite pointless!

I find that I am more informed about issues then most of my friends that just watch the evening news, and I have also found I am more informed about issues going on in california were my parents live, then they are, especially since I live in a different state. Figure that one out!

Anyway I appreciate all the different news articles that get posted her! Thanks to all!
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't rely on any one place for [i]all[/i] my news, but quite a bit does come from here--or rather, from places that you all post links to.  In fact, I wouldn't have even known about the mini-race riot that happened in my own city a few weeks ago if it weren't for [b]DevilsAdvocate[/b] listening to his police scanner.  The media ignored it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Between general discussion and [url]http://www.fark.com[/url], all my news needs are pretty well set.  I rely on TV/radio news for about 0.005% of what I hear in an average day.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#9]

ok ok I'm Guilty....  [:)]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top