Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2002 5:37:01 PM EDT
Did anyone else notice sparks from wolf stuff. I know it's el cheapo, and they say there's no steel jacket, but copper and lead don't spark (sorry hollywood) I pulled the bullet and sectioned it, just copper and lead, so does anyone have any ideas why it sparked when me wife hit an old steel water heater that was 200 yards away? It wasn't rocked kicked up from a low hit either, it did this with me too at about 100 yards with a center hit, I got some off the wall improbable theories but what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 6:09:01 PM EDT
I shot a case of that crap when I first got my rifle, it sparked half the time at ignition(outta the barrel) and the smoke was horrible. I'm not one of those that thinks it will ruin your rifle, though it *DOES* make your rig a bitch to clean, but it is just too unpleasant to shoot for me to waste my money on it. I can load up m193 equivalent rounds for $50, so no more Wolf for me. Now, as for my AK and SK's, they LOVE that shit!!! Hey, wow, POST 500!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 6:17:17 PM EDT
I shot some for the first time just recently. It ran fine and didn't smell much different from SA fodder I usually shoot. But yeah, I did notice sparks a couple of times. Didn't think too much about it. [:\]
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 6:18:49 PM EDT
Hey ninja, yeah I noticed sparkles at the muzzle, figured it was unburned powder granules, but I saw impact ones on the target through my 40 power spotting scope! Can't figure it, like I said, I even pulled the rounds and sectioned it. FuggedifIknow
Top Top