Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2002 9:57:08 AM EDT
Friend of mine (female) has been seeing this guy in the Coast Guard for a few weeks. He is getting ready to deploy for 70 days, and she wants to send him off with a CARE package. She asked me what to put in the box and I haven’t a clue. If he were a ground pounder getting sent off to the field for 3 months I would have lots of suggestions for her. However, being as I have never set foot aboard a CG vessel, I have no idea what kind of amenities he will have available to him. I tell her the best thing she can do for him is to give him a good sendoff :D but she really wants to put a box together for him. What should she put in it? echo6
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 10:42:31 AM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 11:57:46 AM EDT
No one has any ideas/suggestions? Have I hit on the one subject that the AR15.com hive-mind is clueless on? Not even so much as a wisecrack about KY? I'm speachless echo6
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 12:03:56 PM EDT
Pictures, notes, lock of her hair, something with the perfume she normally wears, etc. I don't know. That's the best I can do, as I'm not much of a romantic.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 2:58:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 3:31:35 PM EDT
echo6, I don't have a clue as to what Coast Guard ships normally carry on board. Most, but not all, CG ships are relatively small. I'm betting you put together a ground-pounder pack and you're danger close to what he would like. His favorite junk food is always a good place to start. Books by favored authors are good and are passed around the crew so there's some benefit for a good many of his shipmates. Maybe music CD's ??
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 6:11:55 PM EDT
5subslr5, thats what I was thinkin. I was big on batteries,I wonder CG ships have 110v power for a ni-cad charger? Hoplite heading there now to look for him thx echo6
Top Top