Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2002 6:40:04 AM EDT
Read his current Bleat column! [url]www.lileks.com/bleats/archive/02/0902/090402.html#092502[/url] An excerpt:
Which brings us to the Gore speech. It’s been pulled apart by wolves all over blogland today, so I’ll leave it alone. Substance aside, the speech made me glad I don’t have to listen to this man very much; he manages to combine pretentiousness and contempt in a way that demands a new word - [i]pretemptuous[/i], perhaps. Or [i]goratory[/i]. He’s a better extemporaneous speaker than Bush, but that’s not exactly a rare distinction. Bush often seems distracted, as if he has just realized there is a weasel in his pants and he’d best finish up and get out of here so he can tend to this here weasel. And when he gets wound up he’s often like a man with a wheelbarrow full of rocks going down a hill, trying to keep his balance and his cargo intact. I don’t care. He’s good with a prepared speech, because he has a secret weapon: he means it. I don’t know what Gore means, or believes, or thinks, or wants. And I don’t really care. I’m much more interested in Tony Blair’s dossier, because Mr. Blair is in power; Mr. Blair is relevant.
View Quote
Excellent, as usual.
Top Top