Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2002 1:47:46 AM EDT
I want to download and save some audio from [url]www.bobandtom.com[/url]

It is the Tobby Keith songs from the bus.

I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again
Star Kiss
The Taliban
Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue
Beer For My Horses  

I can play them, but I want to be able to save them to my hard drive.

thanks in advance
medcop
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 1:56:11 AM EDT
[#1]
right-click on the link and select "save target as" It's the third option from the top.

The Willie Nelson weed song was great.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 2:12:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
right-click on the link and select "save target as" It's the third option from the top.

The Willie Nelson weed song was great.
View Quote

This did NOT save the song to my hard drive.

I basically want to save the songs to my hard drive so I can burn them onto CD.

medcop
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 2:19:22 AM EDT
[#3]
It did on mine.  Pay attention to which folder you're saving to, maybe you're looking in the wrong place.

I don't want to come across the wrong way, but are you sure you're RIGHT-CLICKING the link? Clicking the right button on your mouse? Not left-clicking the link, which opens the file but does not save it.

Right-clicking the link shoud throw up a little mini-menu from which you selct "save target as"
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I am right clicking it and saving it into my music.  However, it is just a link to the web song.  It is NOT saved to my hard drive.  I want to be able to play the song or burn it to a cd without being on line.

thanks for the help....keep it coming [:D]

medcop
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]
What format are they in? .RA? .WMA? .MP3? It's possible they're already saved to your hard drive either in one of your Windows temp folders
or web-browser cache folders. Run a wildcard search on your system folder as in "*.wma" "*.mp3" (.RA files can't normally be saved to disk, there is a work around, unfortuantly I forget what it was) it might surprise you what else you'll find saved and didn't know it [:)]
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top