Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/21/2002 4:41:55 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,63669,00.html

Did anyone else hear mention that this woman is one of the Travelers?  Our local news mentioned it, and then said that the Travelers are a group of Irish that move around looking for seasonal work, lol!  The travelers are Irish gypsies that do exactly what this woman was attempting to do, they shoplift items, and then try to return them for cash.  It was on 20/20 a few years ago (or 60 min, or 48 hrs, or whatever).
I just thought it was funny that they are now "seasonal workers", not crooks, theives, robbers and gypsies.
This is why the family is shielding her, that's what they do.  Its actually a pretty interesting group from a sociological standpoint.  Since they're irish, they look like us, and most people in this county don't think of them as the trash that they are.  Can you imagine if a gang existed like this that was black or hispanic?  It would never work, but because this group is white, they get away with it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 4:50:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Kinda like the "Pikies" in the movie Snatch? [>:/]
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yesterday it was reported here that she is part of the Irish Travelers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 5:09:59 AM EDT
[#3]
THIS is what I was asking in a thread I started last night! Thanks!
AB
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn ETH.
I am a criminology major in college and we have never even discussed this topic. Do you know of any good sources so I can research this more,maybe I can do a paper on it. This group sounds sort of like the Mob...
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 5:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The subject of 'Travelers', or 'Irish Travelers', has always been of great concern to me.

The very idea of a closely knit group of related individuals who basically acknowledge no form of authority other than their own family councils is an extremely unsettling one.

I encourage all of you to do your own research on these groups, by searching such subjects as the Travelers, Irish Travelers, Roma, Gypsies, etc., to come to your own conclusions.

If this woman and her child are indeed a part of the 'Travelers', we will most likely never see them again.

They love to consider themselves the largest group of nonconformists in the history of mankind.

In truth, they are probably correct.

The rest of us are, in their language, [i][b]Monkeri Needjee[/b][/i] or "Country People."

And as a friend of mine in law school, whose father was a 'Gypsy' and his mother a needjee, once told me, anything, [u]anything[/u], that a Roma does to a needjee, is perfectly acceptable in their society. [i][b]'Gage'[/b][/i] is another word they use for non-gypsies.

That's why his mother had taken him and his sister and fled from his father and his father's relatives, and, twenty years later, were still fearful of some sort of retribution for that act of defiance.

His Roma father would beat his [i][b]gage[/b][/i] mother in the presence of his extended family without any fear of interference, for whatever a Roma does to a needjee is lawful....

Eric The(Astounded)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 5:24:52 AM EDT
[#6]
That's very interesting, Eric.
Reminds me that Gypsies were, besides Jews, the main minority Hitler tried to get rid of. Similarly, one of his reasons for wanting to get rid of Jews was that he thought the Talmud authorized injuring Gentiles without consequence.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Reminds me that Gypsies were, besides Jews, the main minority Hitler tried to get rid of. Similarly, one of his reasons for wanting to get rid of Jews was that he thought the Talmud authorized injuring Gentiles without consequence.
View Quote
Pureblood gypsies were considered Aryan.

I've never even heard of these "travelers" people. Explains why the family won't tell where she is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 6:15:02 AM EDT
[#8]

ASSHOLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL JUST A BUNCH OF

ASSHOLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[X][X][X][X][X][X][USA][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X]

Link Posted: 9/21/2002 6:18:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Pureblood gypsies were considered Aryan.

I've never even heard of these "travelers" people. Explains why the family won't tell where she is.
View Quote

Aryan in in the real anthropological sense (coming from ancient northern India), not Aryan in the racist mythological fantasies of Hitler.

I've never heard of these Irish Travelers either.  Gypsies elicit mixed emotions from me.  On one hand, it's cool they aren't in the system and don't have to answer to the man, footloose and roam wherever they will....on the other, they're freaking antisocial scumbags, then wonder why they're so persecuted and despised.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#11]
What I'd like to know is how does a shoplifter who steals clothes afford a $40,000 Toyota LandCruiser?!?! Shes no petty theif if she can drive one of those.

Either shes rich before she started stealing or shes a helluva lot better theif than we are seeing........[:D]
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#12]
must be a pretty good racket. that cunt was driving a $40K SUV.
how'd you like the was she looked back to ensure noone was watching?
fuck1ng premeditated agravated assault. size and weight disparity between her and the little girl is about a 5/1 ratio. it would take a 9.5" 650 # man to give any of use the same ass whipping. the court would charge ABHAN or ABWIK in a heartbeat. this bitch will be out in 2 hours on a 100,000 surety bond and see 5 years probation.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Probably paid for with a fraudulent loan application.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, its' an awesome racket.  Although like most of these types of rackets, there's one person at the top getting most of the money.  This woman could be either a wife of his (I believe they have more than one), or this could be a community car that she was using for the scam.
Resources:
http://www.courier-journal.com/localnews/2001/07/24/ke072401s55353.htm

http://www.addall.com/Browse/Detail/0937877182.html

Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#15]
The travelers have come through my area once in a while.  They'll show up at your house, say they just did a big painting job, and have paint left over.  They'll offer to paint your barn for a reduced price because the paint is partially paid for.  The paint is so thinned down, it lasts a couple of months, and you never see them again.  The goes for sealing driveways.  Whatever they coat is with washes away after a couple of rainfalls.  They're a con artist clan, and will be some of the most persistent hard-sell con artists you've ever met.

As for more details on them, they tend to marry within their own clan, due to their distrust of outsiders, which leads to inbreeding.  The age of consent or marriage for their girls is 11 or 12.  Years ago one of the network news shows had a defecting member bring a hidden camera into one of these communities.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Maybe the Libs will ban SUV's becasue kids get beat in them.....for the children!
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#17]
There is a rather interesting independent movie starring Bill Paxton of "Twister" called "Traveller."

It is about a clan of these folks and some of their adventures.

I'm sure it's lurking around some video store.  Might take a bit of effort to find it but it's well worth the effort.

Dennis Jenkins
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#18]
We had a group come through here about 1 1/2 years ago. The men ran around doing "driveway sealing" like MoonDog mentioned, roofing repairs and a deal where they would BS old folks into thinking their house needed additional support underneath. They would carry all of this material into the crawlspace, bang around a while, carry most of it out and BAM, walk away with a cool grand or so. No work at all actually done to the home. The victims were the folks who were most vulnerable to scamming and the ones worst hurt by the financial hit. Really pissed me off.

While the guys were out doing this (all in really nice, new dualies and crew cab type pick ups, BTW.) the women were all out passing counterfeit checks, shoplifting and even running some confidence games.

It was wild, kept all of us Investigators scrambling I tell you, but they had disappeared before we got a handle on what was going on. I'd give a rough estimate of the monetary loss stemming from their 2 week stay at around $40-50K...

Crazy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#19]
My grandfather was ripped off by these bastards many years ago (in North Carolina).  He hired them to do some work on his barns.  He fronted them some money (GRAMPS! YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER!)they did half the job, stole some stuff and hauled ass.  They are trash and I hope they all ROT IN HELL!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What I'd like to know is how does a shoplifter who steals clothes afford a $40,000 Toyota LandCruiser?!?! Shes no petty theif if she can drive one of those.

Either shes rich before she started stealing or shes a helluva lot better theif than we are seeing........[:D]
View Quote
Prolly just took the land cruzer for a test drive from another state and then stole a license plate from the state she was in.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I recall seeing the show that norman74 refers to.  Their enclave or compound if you will consisted of very luxurious homes and they dressed to blend with the community in which they were "working".  It was only in the compound that they made-up the little girls to look like prostitutes and arrange their marriages....
edited to add....the compound was in North Carolina....
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was wondering the same thing..
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Civilized Irish? Ya right.

All of those dirty catholic potato eaters are bunch of violent alcoholics and should be rounded up and deported. The money they make from stomp dancing and St. Patricks Day could easily be traced to funding the IRA terrorists.

WE ARE AT WAR.

NUKE BELFAST.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#24]
They are called Irish Gypsies here, they attend Catholic church dowtown. A very strange bunch indeed. They all have the same or very simular names. There might be 30 Patrick O'Malleys and 20 Mike O'Malleys. They only marry 1 time during the year so right after lent you will have 5 Patrick Murphys marrying 5 Cindy O'Malleys (age about 12~15). They all have nicknames that they tell each other apart from. They will [b]NEVER[/b] make eye contact with you. I have had friends, kind of get in their way, and when they move, my friend will move in the same direction. Never will they say anything, or make eye contact.

Here is the really strange part, they decorate the graveyards for  Easter, Halloween, Christmas, birthdays etc. You will see 200 Patrick O'Malleys headstones with Christmas decorations all over it. ..[b]AND[/b] presents! They only bury in the old Catholic cemetary also.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#25]
How do they afford $40+ vehicles?  The same way they afford $300K+ houses.  There is a very large group of these "people" living right across the river in SC.  They are inbred to the point you can identify them on sight, pay for everything in cash, and yes, their children dress like prostitutes long before they hit puberty.

If she's a gypsy, the odds of catching her are nil.

I remember when I was in high school and working at a grocery store.  We caught this little girl stealing, and when we found her mother, she beat the girls ass right there and then.  After they had left, I commented to the manager that I hoped the girl had learned her lesson and he told me that the lesson the mother was trying to teach was not to get caught.  The mother beat her child's ass for getting caught, not for stealing.  This kind of behavior seems very typical of this group.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone know if these ass-warts are armed or not? There cant be that many of them, especially with all the inbreeding that goes on. One of these days someone going postal aught to consider hunting them down and dumping some SS109-grade chlorine into their gene-pool, I cant imagine the federal government would be too alltogather displeased as they probably would be looking forward to doing the same to these assclownes if given the chance. Any of these 'folks' come to my door, I'm gonna chase 'em off with buck 'n' ball in the old scatter gun.

Frigging Irish Taliban is what they are. Freaks aught to be dealt with, with the same bloody side of the broadsword. Heh, at least we know no Americans will be defecting to them, heh, no "Johnny Traveler"s.

Ryan
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Here's an interesting link:

[url]http://www.troubleshooterjudd.com/consumer/consumer_fixups.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Damn ETH.
I am a criminology major in college and we have never even discussed this topic. Do you know of any good sources so I can research this more,maybe I can do a paper on it. This group sounds sort of like the Mob...
View Quote

M4,
this group would much more difficult to infiltrate than the mob.  Hundreds of years of interwoven marriages and clan history.  The women are sometimes drop-dead beautiful, very light flawless complexion and completely black hair.

There's a group of "White Gypsies" (local vernacular) in South Carolina just across the river from Augusta, Ga.  Can't remember the name of the little town.  Large, expensive houses and a fleet of fine vehicles.  The deal is they break NO laws in the area where they live.  All the scams are in other states.  From memory, I seem to believe they winter over in their fine S.C. homes, much like carnies, and work the circuit spring, summer and fall.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How do they afford $40+ vehicles?  The same way they afford $300K+ houses.  There is a very large group of these "people" living right across the river in SC.  They are inbred to the point you can identify them on sight, pay for everything in cash, and yes, their children dress like prostitutes long before they hit puberty.

I remember when I was in high school and working at a grocery store.  We caught this little girl stealing, and when we found her mother, she beat the girls ass right there and then.  After they had left, I commented to the manager that I hoped the girl had learned her lesson and he told me that the lesson the mother was trying to teach was not to get caught.  The mother beat her child's ass for getting caught, not for stealing.  This kind of behavior seems very typical of this group.
View Quote

Rabbit,
didn't see your post before I replied to M4.

I lived in Augusta from 1979 until 1987 and ran into these people a few times.  What's the name of the S.C. town they all live in ??
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#30]
"driveway gypsies" have unfortunately crept into my family because one of my cousins decided to marry one of their fat B**ches!! He used to date this really nice girl for like 5 years, but she dumped him when he started to mooch off of her..His solution, date a rich girl who loves Gucci!! She worked at a deli at the time, but she eventually went crawling back to her drivway gypsy family. Now he even works for them also!! We became suspcious of this family when we heard they were rich off of a driveway paving business. Granted, in New york sure you can make a good chunk of change, but this is in like the hudson valley.. Anyway, it all came to light when my friend, who is a funeral director did one of their many relatives funerals and they admitted to them they were gypsies and it was tradition to stay with the body overnight9probably to steal some of the dead woman's jewlery..)..They spent a fortune on flowers and arrangements, one of the biggest funerals he'd ever done! I went to the wedding of my cousin with my folks, open bar, the whole nine yards..Parents are young, in their early fifties, have a zillion kids, the family was HUGE and everyone looked alot alike. Geez, I hope he dumps her soon, I don't want em in my family!! They think they are "high class" also cuz they have nice cars, clothes, etc, but the one he married is an ugly, chunky chick who has no manners or class.. How do these people continue to get away with this crap??.. They apparently drove the competition away and do the pavement and then overprice the people and force them to pay.. Argghh......
-Andrea
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

My god!  Human garbage! How can anyone live like that?
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 4:36:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Rabbit,

I lived in Augusta from 1979 until 1987 and ran into these people a few times.  What's the name of the S.C. town they all live in ??
View Quote

I believe it's been annexed by North Augusta now.  Murphy Village, or the gypsy camp as all the locals call it, is located on HWY 25 going out toward Trenton, SC.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 4:43:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes, the name of the town in South Carolina, was Murphy Village.

'Sixty Minutes' did a segment on this little town and its strange, strange inhabitants several years ago.

Eric The(ButINeverWatch60Minutes)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Don't I feel smart. We were drinking and chatting while tailgating before the Michigan game.

The subject of the buttwhipping came up, and my bud brought up that she was shoplifting and that they were in a cool SUV and the sister was there and I said 'traveller' right off. (My under grad is in CJ w/ a concentration in legal studies.)

They (the group) argued with me and I allowed for possible gypsies but my point was she was one or the other and that the family would end up using a pet lawyer and mobbing the courthouse to pressure the court and then going after the witnesses and then they would all fade home where she would turn into a red head and no one could find that Mary Smith amoung all the others.

I feel good now!
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 5:20:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Rabbit,

View Quote

I believe it's been annexed by North Augusta now.  Murphy Village, or the gypsy camp as all the locals call it, is located on HWY 25 going out toward Trenton, SC.
View Quote

Hey,Anyone up for a road trip? All this talk about them make me think of one word.....Annihilation. I am from the old school of thinking that is you are scared of it and can't quite understand it......KILL IT! No seriously, it worries me that I live in NC (Hickory area) and I noticed posts that there is a group in this state. Never seen them, but maybe we are just too tightly knit around here for that shit to go on too long. BTW, I saw a show(can't remember which) that DID have some ethnic "gypsy" group that did this same shit too; but they were just thieves-shoplifters.....no real physical working scam going on. Anyways, they showed a tape from a FL convenience store where like twenty-two of them....all ages got the attention of like three clerks and lured them away from the safe one way or another and actually cracked the safe! Believe it or not.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 6:41:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Did I hear they are cutting her loose on $5,000 bail? That's kind of crazy considering they are called "Travellers!"
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 6:47:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
And as a friend of mine in law school, whose father was a 'Gypsy' and his mother a needjee, once told me, anything, [u]anything[/u], that a Roma does to a needjee, is perfectly acceptable in their society. [i][b]'Gage'[/b][/i] is another word they use for non-gypsies.
View Quote

The same has been said about the Jews, as anyone who has done business with them in West Los Angeles can attest to.

But, it's probably true with any outcast group, except maybe the Amish (Are they outcast?)
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Did I hear they are cutting her loose on $5,000 bail? That's kind of crazy considering they are called "Travellers!"
View Quote

LOL!

I think the travellers and the other gypsies ( you know who you are ) should kill each other in a fight to the finish.  Then we'll only have them and one other group to worry about, for now...

I hate scamming fcks.  Burn in hell!
[flamesuit]
Me thinks this country needs some ethnic cleansing sometime soon.  Where's Milosevic?[/flamesuit]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 7:07:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

BTW- I never heard of a gypsy that's not into scams.  So that makes them all crooks in my book.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#41]
My 90 year old mother in law got scammed by the travelers for a few thousand for driveway sealing.  She didn't think what they did was worth it but was scared and wrote them a check.  That check was cashed in less than 30 minutes.....I know because I tried to stop payment on it.  When you realize how hard it is to get a check cashed at a bank you wonder how your own bank will cash a check made out to these guys, who are not likely customers.  The bank didn't even call her and ask if she had indeed written the check.  We tried to press charges but they were hard to find.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#42]
These folks don't always win. We had a group come through a couple years back. Most of their construction equipment is bogus gray-market stuff that they they scammed or stole from folks. We started out with a couple of suspicous incidents that people called in about these folks doing their driveway scams.

Dilligent follow-up located several of their crews at local motels. We set up on them and got traffic stops on them after they left. Because none of their vehicle registrations checked out or matched VINs on equipment, and none of their insurance paperwork was real, we impounded all of their vehicles. Their DLs and IDs didn't check, either, so we jailed several on minor charges (traffic offenses and Fail to Identify)and got fingerprints, getting true identities on a bunch.

They never could get real insurance or title paperwork for their dumptrucks and asphalt spreaders, so they never got them out of impound (they all disappeared after they bonded out of jail, anyway). I guess they decided to cut their losses, and after 90 days their equipment became "abandoned property" under state law, and was forfeited to us. I guess we "scammed" them for about $250,000, and some will eventually go to prison. Of course, I am probably carrying some kind of Irish Gypsy hex, now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#43]
at the Randalls i work at a few noted gypsies cause problems all the time.  we send them on their way and dont take any of their crap.  we also used to have some living down the road (in 1994) and they would harras the entire hood all week about different things.  they tried to scam us on somthing.....the next morning dad had to go to work (after his couple week vacation).  since he was on patrol, he ofcourse had to wear his uniform and all the police goodies he carries.  he walks outside to leave just as these people were walking up to the door to start some rucus about somthing.  it was funny to watch these scam artists turn very very white and rush off to there homestead.  those people are to freaky.  anyhow, dad went on his way and a little less than a year the gypsics moved away. (amen brother!)  anyway.....i dont like those people!
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#44]
They own their gated community in Pa. and a few other locals around the country.
here's a few interesting item's about the travelers,they pick on the old for these reasons,one they make easy marks ,two they make terrible witnesses with memory problems and all,three one of them said on an interview once (after being caught) that the chances are good if you take an old person that they might be dead before the trial ever started.
The houses I saw on 20/20 were all in the 4000 Sq.Ft range and really nice homes.
They are scum because they pick on the old and the weak.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#45]
I've heard of these bastards, though haven't seen any down here in Al.
If I remember correctly the last major scam they had going was to take a later model large sedan, drive it down the interstatem pass an
eighteenwheeler, and then slam on the brakes!
The truck would of course have no time to stop and would knock the car into the middle of next week.
The crew driving the car are usually trained as stunt drivers and know how to drive the car without losing control, brace themselves so they dont get killed, and then "Oh My Neck",
"Oh My Back", "Why did you run over us".
And of course with all the people who rag truckers as dangerous jumping on the band waggon...well can you say EASY MONEY!

Several small time trucking outfits have been forced out of buisiness by these bastards.

Yes I saw on Foxnews that she had turned herself in and yes I heard them say she was a traveler (The only news chanel to say so!).

Yes I think she'll make bail and we will never hear another thing about her.

Look out Natez, the Leprichaun's will be after you now. [:K]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 10:05:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
These folks don't always win. We had a group come through a couple years back. Most of their construction equipment is bogus gray-market stuff that they they scammed or stole from folks. We started out with a couple of suspicous incidents that people called in about these folks doing their driveway scams.

Dilligent follow-up located several of their crews at local motels. We set up on them and got traffic stops on them after they left. Because none of their vehicle registrations checked out or matched VINs on equipment, and none of their insurance paperwork was real, we impounded all of their vehicles. Their DLs and IDs didn't check, either, so we jailed several on minor charges (traffic offenses and Fail to Identify)and got fingerprints, getting true identities on a bunch.

They never could get real insurance or title paperwork for their dumptrucks and asphalt spreaders, so they never got them out of impound (they all disappeared after they bonded out of jail, anyway). I guess they decided to cut their losses, and after 90 days their equipment became "abandoned property" under state law, and was forfeited to us. I guess we "scammed" them for about $250,000, and some will eventually go to prison. Of course, I am probably carrying some kind of Irish Gypsy hex, now.
View Quote

Good job.  

BTW- I believe someone hexed me and gave me a root canal.  How's your teeth?

Edited: lousy typo
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#47]
The funny thing is, why do they feel they have to rip people off? If they have all this equipment and willingness to market their "services", why not give people a service in an exchange which is mutually beneficial?
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The funny thing is, why do they feel they have to rip people off? If they have all this equipment and willingness to market their "services", why not give people a service in an exchange which is mutually beneficial?
View Quote

Because they're scumbags and don't believe in a hard days work.  Like their darker gypsy counterparts, they rather scam people than work.  Guess it's been that way for centuries but they almost became extinct last century.  

Hey is that how the darker gypsies pay us back for liberating their sorry asses?  Scamming the shit out of the AARP.  Those darker gypsies are known for mobile autobody scams.  Sure I can fix that giant dent in your car.  Instead of pulling out the dent they'll just fill it with bondo and reshape it by hand.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've heard of these bastards, though haven't seen any down here in Al.
If I remember correctly the last major scam they had going was to take a later model large sedan, drive it down the interstatem pass an
eighteenwheeler, and then slam on the brakes!
The truck would of course have no time to stop and would knock the car into the middle of next week.
The crew driving the car are usually trained as stunt drivers and know how to drive the car without losing control, brace themselves so they dont get killed, and then "Oh My Neck",
"Oh My Back", "Why did you run over us".
And of course with all the people who rag truckers as dangerous jumping on the band waggon...well can you say EASY MONEY!

Several small time trucking outfits have been forced out of buisiness by these bastards.

Yes I saw on Foxnews that she had turned herself in and yes I heard them say she was a traveler (The only news chanel to say so!).

Yes I think she'll make bail and we will never hear another thing about her.

Look out Natez, the Leprichaun's will be after you now. [:K]
View Quote

Well, at least they're better at it than the illegal alien Mexicans we have pulling the same stunt in Los Angeles. These guys very often kill themselves or someone else in the process. But some of them are very good at it and if they have a crooked chiropractor and lawyer in the bag, they can make some big bucks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I swear that I have been taken by these scam artists at an old retail job I had in Maryland.

Its been over 10 years, but I am sure they did the 'ol shoplift and return for cash scam on me and my co-workers.

Got about $60 out of us. I've never forgotten that.

--LS
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top