Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2002 4:32:42 PM EDT
I graduated highschool with Steve Avery, former outstanding pitcher for the Atlanta Braves. At our 10 year reunion, he signed about 6 different brands of rookie cards for me. I was wondering about their value. I also have a 1954 World Series record book put out by Gillete Razor Co. It is about 40-50 pages long, and has all kinds of cool stats in it. It has Mickey Mantle's stats from when he was 21! I'ts a small book, smaller than a pack of smokes. Anyone? Balming
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 5:20:09 PM EDT
In regards to the Steve Avery cards, in all honesty, they aren't worth very much. His rookie cards by themselves are worth less than $1 and since he isn't a superstar his autograph isn't worth much either. You might be able to sell them for $5 each, maybe a little more if you find someone that really likes/collects Avery, but not much. Besides, autographs are to be collected, not sold. I've never really understood the notion of buying autographs that you didn't get yourself. Getting them is the best part. I have no idea on the WS book. Maybe a few bucks, maybe a few hundred to the right person who needs it for their collection. More than likely it's worth $20 or less. If it were an actual World Series program it would be pretty collectable and worth some money. HTH
Top Top