Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

He'll cave and we'll see the end of private sales, followed by a push for registration.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we both know that I'm not.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

My thoughts, eactly. Boehner doesn't care about our rights. And the people in his district will re-elect him.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:30:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It's politics 101. Boner is daring the senate to pass gun control so it's on the record. Boner won't even consider it.

That is what I want to believe.

He is playing Harry Reid's game of do nothing until the other chamber has committed. It has worked well for Reid, he really has done nothing. And Reid really does not want to bring guns up for a vote in the Senate. So Boehner is putting it all on him.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:36:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
He wants Senate Democrats on record voting for gun control something they don't want to do for obvious reasons. Politics how does it work?

That would be good if that is what he wants to do, set the senate up for a republican  take over, but i doubt he is that smart. I believe it means just what he said.

A republican take over will happen when the republicans move further LEFT.

What better way to show you're moving further LEFT than a "good-faith-gesture" of passing some form of gun control, aka UBC!
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:38:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If those mother fucking republicans vote for ANY KIND OF GUN CONTROL, ANY I will never vote for or contribute too another republican again.

I will join the Libertarian  Party.

Fucking Period.

If that means the country gets destroyed quickly by the communist democrats and I become a felon, so fucking be it.

Yep

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:38:51 AM EDT
[#6]
How is "Boehner" not pronounced "BONER"?

Fuck him, he's weak, he cries too much and eats too many meals with the enemy.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He wants Senate Democrats on record voting for gun control something they don't want to do for obvious reasons. Politics how does it work?

Sorry, I don't give a fuck about that.  Anyone who pays attention KNOWS the democrats want gun control.  You don't want them to even get a fucking TOE in the door with this shit.

NO COMPROMISE, NO "NEGOTIATION", NOT ONE INCH.

Democrats as a whole? No doubt. But there are several rural-state D-Senators up for reelection in 2014 hoping and praying that it never comes to a vote.

And since it won't pass, Boehner would love for all those rural state D's to show their true colors and then get their asses kicked in 2014.

This  appears  to  be  what  he  is  up  to .

Obama will never be Elected............................Oh Wait...
And Obama will NEVER be re-elected..............Oh wait...
Obamacare will never pass..............................Oh Wait...
And the USSC will strike down Obamacare.....Oh Wait...

<-----If you STILL believe Republicans are different than Democrats,  DU is that way.  

Quoted:
Quoted:
If those mother fucking republicans vote for ANY KIND OF GUN CONTROL, ANY I will never vote for or contribute too another republican again.

I will join the Libertarian  Party.

Fucking Period.

If that means the country gets destroyed quickly by the communist democrats and I become a felon, so fucking be it.

Yep

I have been a card carrying member since Obama was elected the first time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:41:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:47:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
does that guy ever get up off his knees ?

Only when Obama takes him standing up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:52:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I love it how the GOP apologists always have faith that the party has some masterpiece of a political plan behind their actions.

At best they are inept and spineless.

At worst, they are in bed with the treasonous liberals.

You pick.

The pipe dream that they are playing a political chess game where they valiantly give up a knight or bishop to achieve checkmate is nothing but a fucking fantasy!

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:53:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
It's politics 101. Boner is daring the senate to pass gun control so it's on the record. Boner won't even consider it.

That is what I want to believe.  

He is playing Harry Reid's game of do nothing until the other chamber has committed. It has worked well for Reid, he really has done nothing. And Reid really does not want to bring guns up for a vote in the Senate. So Boehner is putting it all on him.

this.

getting senate dems ON RECORD, Yay or Nay for gun control, does tons of damage for the dems
I would dare them to do a floor vote, yay or nay.......up or down, on the senate floor
after the last two nominees for president, I can say my faith in the party is at an all time low

then again, i could be the speaker trying to "reach out" to the party that hates him who knows?
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 5:53:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love it how the GOP apologists always have faith that the party has some masterpiece of a political plan behind their actions.

You pick.

The pipe dream that they are playing a political chess game where they valiantly give up a knight or bishop to achieve checkmate is nothing but a fucking fantasy!

Agreed........
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 6:59:11 AM EDT
[#13]
"how do you go from contract with america to stripping gun owners of their rights in such a few years? john hussein pelosi, do not forget the 90's, we love to fire gun grabbers. if its rino you are, unemployed ye shall be"
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 7:44:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You pick.

Sad but true.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Never thought of that, so used to boner caving my anger flared up to quickly.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 7:54:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#18]
If it makes y'all feel better Pelosi will be back in the driver's seat after mid-terms, most likely.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Boehner must go.

They ALL need to go.

This country needs a enema

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Boehner must go.

/thread
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh bullshit!

Stop defending these Republican shits. They fuck us over, and fuck us over and fuck us over, and we keep voting them in because all the previous ass fuckings were part of some grand political strategy, or some kind of bullshit that they HAD to do to save the country or chess not checkers, or some other bullshit excuse for letting these fuckers piss down our backs and call it rain.

This little prick hasn't done shit for us. He's Obama's bitch and he does what his Big Daddy O tells him.

I am starting to wonder when we'll see the fruits of all of the GOP's grand strategizing I'm always told they're doing

THIS. I am so fucking tired of the "future plans" and chess games we all HOPE they are playing.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Boehner must go.

Is it possible to primary his ass or will the local constituency want to keep him since he is Speaker?

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Boehner must go.

Is it possible to primary his ass or will the local constituency want to keep him since he is Speaker?  

you want to end the republican party, primary the sitting speaker of the house, that will teach em.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A number of <vulnerable to defeat> Dem senators are up for reelection in 2014.  If they have to vote on gun control they must make a choice--vote for and lose reelection, or vote against to save their job.  Which will they choose?

Both.
They will vote FOR Sen. Leahy's Senate Bill 54 (UBCs and "anti-trafficking" measures).
They will vote AGAINST an "AW" ban and (probably) restrictions on magazine capacity.
They get to tell voters they voted against "extreme" gun control while supporting "common sense measures to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, etc.". The disarmers get what they really want this time   and the Democrats get a shot at retaining control of the Senate.
Senator Reid is no dummy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A number of <vulnerable to defeat> Dem senators are up for reelection in 2014.  If they have to vote on gun control they must make a choice--vote for and lose reelection, or vote against to save their job.  Which will they choose?

And when the DNC throws them under the bus and gets gun control through then at midterms those vulnerable choose not to run instead running democrats that claim they wouldn't have voted for that.  Then we get fucked both ways

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:10:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"how do you go from contract with america to stripping gun owners of their rights in such a few years? john hussein pelosi, do not forget the 90's, we love to fire gun grabbers. if its rino you are, unemployed ye shall be"

Et tu, Brutus?  

If Speaker Boehner was a "gun grabber" he would lead on this and pass something (or join Reid in discussions).  He wouldn't dare the Dems in the Senate to take the lead.  Political naivete has reached a new low on this site.  ::sigh::

Don't you know that "consider" means "fully support and pass"?
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#31]
He's always been a wussy. This it the man who cries on live television.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Only your last sentence is correct.  There is a reason Reid hasn't allowed a single bill to be considered.  There is also a reason the focus has been shifted to individual states.  

With the myriad of polically-oriented threads and discussions we've had here it astounds me so many (general, not referring to the member I quoted) are so naive about politics.  Many here need to read more and post less.  

The reason no bill has been considered is simple. No bill has passed through the Judiciary committee.
One will go to the floor for debate. The vulnerable Democrat senators will have their opportunity to vote FOR and AGAINST gun control.
This isn't exactly a novel strategy. It's familiar to those of us who pay attention to what happens in Congress.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Hey Boehner, bills are supposed to originate in the House, why don't you put on your fuckin big boy pants and use the power that we gave you by giving you a majority?

Of course, that would require a spine, something which you lack, you goddamn feckless RINO jellyfish piece of shit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#35]
That worthless no backbone SOB needs to go.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Get familiar with the view.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#38]
What a cunt.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only your last sentence is correct.  There is a reason Reid hasn't allowed a single bill to be considered.  There is also a reason the focus has been shifted to individual states.  

With the myriad of polically-oriented threads and discussions we've had here it astounds me so many (general, not referring to the member I quoted) are so naive about politics.  Many here need to read more and post less.  

The reason no bill has been considered is simple. No bill has passed through the Judiciary committee.
One will go to the floor for debate. The vulnerable Democrat senators will have their opportunity to vote FOR and AGAINST gun control.
This isn't exactly a novel strategy. It's familiar to those of us who pay attention to what happens in Congress.

You are exactly correct, but I hope you don't mean the Dems on the Judiciary committee are acting contrary to the wishes of Reid.  They aren't.

This principle is precisely the reason "elections matter" and sometimes it's better to support a not-idealogically-pure Republican over <someone else> who would give the control of the Senate or House to the Dems (think radical libertarians here).  The "enormous power" of the Speaker and Senate President lies in their ability to have full control over what goes to the floor for a vote.  If Reid wants gun control to be voted upon by the full Senate it will happen.  If not--then no.

I have no idea how you could have gotten such an idea from my post.
Wow! That's profound!
If you read more, you'd know that Senator Reid has already promised the Senator from Kalifornia that she will be permitted to offer her bill as an amendment during debate. That was a clue that : 1. A bill will be debated. 2. The "AW" ban wasn't going to make it through the Judiciary committee. 3. The "AW" ban wasn't going to pass.
What's left to consider and debate? 1. UBC. 2. A registry of non-NFA firearm purchasers using the data from background checks 3. Other "anti-trafficking" measures (See Senate Bill 54, for example.) 4. Magazine restrictions.
Some Republican Senators have already threatened a filibuster if the bill permits use of the information to build a registry.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Boehner, bills are supposed to originate in the House, why don't you put on your fuckin big boy pants and use the power that we gave you by giving you a majority?

Of course, that would require a spine, something which you lack, you goddamn feckless RINO jellyfish piece of shit.

See what I mean, folks?  ::sigh::

What, that Boehner is a feckless asshole who refuses to use the power that we gave him? It's just like Bush's "I'll sign an AWB if it ever gets to my desk." statement. Just because it would never happen, doesn't mean that you can crack the door for them.

The proper answer should be "Fuck you, and here is a budget that you need to approve, if you don't, we're shutting the .gov down. It's been 5 Years since we've had an official budget, and nothing else will be done until we pass one."

No. Balls. And they wonder why they keep losing elections.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If it makes y'all feel better Pelosi will be back in the driver's seat after mid-terms, most likely.

I doubt that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

bills are supposed to originate in the House

All of them, or only specific kinds?

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Et tu, Brutus?  

If Speaker Boehner was a "gun grabber" he would lead on this and pass something (or join Reid in discussions).  He wouldn't dare the Dems in the Senate to take the lead.  Political naivete has reached a new low on this site.  ::sigh::

Gun Grabber, no.  Politician, yes.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Et tu, Brutus?  

You do know when Caesar spoke those words he was assassinated-by a group of senators.

I wanted to go on record as being dead set against any talks, compromise or discussions of gun control with any gun grabber. Fuck them all with a rusty pike-molon labe.

You may trust him and them, I only trust my Mother and I aint so sure about her. No talks, no compromise, no sellout. Fuck them.

Just say No.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Forgetting history? We played this game once, they voted in the 94 AWB.

These are moonbat left wing democrats you are talking about. Their manginas are bigger than their brain. If they do such a thing for such a good cause, to save all humanity from my guns, it will be worth any cost.

Fuck that. I do not trust them any further than I can throw them. Call early, call often, tell them to eat a dick.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which will they choose?

Forgetting history?

Call early, call often, tell them to eat a dick.

You forgot the part I was pointing out--but I fixt it for you (red).  

I did not forget. Im pointing out by historical trends, they will choose to fuck us Liberty.

Link Posted: 3/6/2013 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/6/2013 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top