Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2002 4:14:38 AM EDT
??? it's a movie.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 5:28:34 AM EDT
[#1]
According to the onscreen menu it's about a kindergarten teacher who puts the moves on a friend's wife's friend.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 11:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
It's about a guy who get chicks all the time using his "methods" until he realizes that he is missing out on meaning in his life.  Pretty good movie.  Not great, but pretty good.  Good advice if your looking to pick up girlies as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard howard stern talking about it, but Ive never seen it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I was told by some people here that I had to see that movie. Well, all I saw was a movie about some guy who was mean to womenz just so he could have sex with them and when he finally got hooked up with  someone he liked she found out the scams he was pulling on previous womenz.
She should have dumped him and never talked him again but nooooooo! it had to have a happy ending.

I have no idea what the hell I was supposed to learn except there are some very mean and nasty people here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I know a bit about this movie, since it's set in Santa Fe, and the movie's screenwriter is a fellow alumnus of my old school.

It's about this guy, about 32 years old.  He was a philosophy major, but now he teaches kindergarten part-time, smokes a lot of dope, plays frisbee, is pretty much dead broke, and is quite overweight.

Loser, huh?  Except for one thing: this guy gets unbelievable amounts of action.  He was the campus stud in college, and he never understood why he had to change his ways.

He owes his success by applying philosophy to womanizing, what he calls "The tao of Steve".  There are two kinds of guys: Stu's and Steves. Steves are the classic American cool guys girls want to be with.  Steve McQueen, etc. Stu's are the nice guys who try too hard and girls always reject. He basically cracked the code, and never looked back.

But things start unravelling when he actually starts falling in love, but the woman he loves finds him revolting. He realizes that he's like Don Juan who seduced lots of women because he was afraid that he wouldn't be loved by one of them.  It's cool, because a lot of stuff draws from the same St. John's College curriculum all students of that school have in common.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 6:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
"Steve" is what our kids will grow up to become after the constant exposure to the mind-numbing PC education they get in school these days.  You can tell, he is obviously a Democrap, gives to Greenpeace, Save the Whales, Million Mom March, and thinks everyone should walk to work or drive solar powered cars.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Steve" is what our kids will grow up to become after the constant exposure to the mind-numbing PC education they get in school these days.  You can tell, he is obviously a Democrap, gives to Greenpeace, Save the Whales, Million Mom March, and thinks everyone should walk to work or drive solar powered cars.
View Quote

WTF are you talking about?  
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#8]
The character in the movie under discussion.  Did you ever see a bigger dork in your life?  Hah!
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Certainly an entertaining movie.

Sometimes you feel like a Steve and sometimes you feel like a Stu.

There are definitely enough guys here who should watch this and take notes. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I mean, (this is weird defending a movie character) how do you make the assertion that he's a Greenie lefty PC type guy, from how he bases his behavior on cool guys from the 60's and 70's movies?
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#11]
From the line of constant BS streaming from this guy.  No normal person could keep it up at that rate for that long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top