Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a damn expensive paperweight.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Microtech is synonymous with expensive.

Nonetheless, $400+ is pretty common for offerings from higher end knife makers.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#3]

More useless shit for people with too much money and a dream.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#4]
If I feel the need to put the 'knucks to a man, I eould probably just shoot him.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, I understand brass.

And I know that titanium has useful properties related to hardness, etc.

But isn't the weight of the brass a useful property as well?
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OK, I understand brass.

It is. But damn if those little spikes wouldn't tear some ass up!
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
$400 for a set of knuckles that is still shaped to be cheap and easy to make rather than fit the human hand.

My brother used to make them when he got bored. The two smaller fingers shared their own opening, and the palm stop was rounded. The angle followed the natural angle of the fist too. The poor shape of most normal pairs can easily break your hand. I went off on a brick wall at the back of my old work and fucked it up pretty good. Not even a single ounce of pain. I was pissed beyone belief when I lost them.

Those are a waste of money. Not for the obvious reasons, but ergonomically, they're the same uncomfortable piece of shit design that's been around forever. For that money, go have a set made that will custom fit your hand.

Edit: I have only hit one person with brass knuckles. It is NOT pretty and does much more damage than you'd imagine. I wish I had my old pair for sentimental values. Now they're a novelty that I don't bother with. The spikes on the end of the model shown basically says "press charges and sue me" if you ever pop someone with them. You could get away with shooting someone before you get away with putting little holes in their skull from your $400 brass knuckles.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, I understand brass.

Those are the glass breakers that come standard on the Ultratech.  They are excellent for tearing up your hand when you reach into your pockets...
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:48:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
$400 for a set of knuckles that is still shaped to be cheap and easy to make rather than fit the human hand.

My brother used to make them when he got bored. The two smaller fingers shared their own opening, and the palm stop was rounded. The angle followed the natural angle of the fist too. The poor shape of most normal pairs can easily break your hand. I went off on a brick wall at the back of my old work and fucked it up pretty good. Not even a single ounce of pain. I was pissed beyone belief when I lost them.

Those are a waste of money. Not for the obvious reasons, but ergonomically, they're the same uncomfortable piece of shit design that's been around forever. For that money, go have a set made that will custom fit your hand.

Yeah, but these give you bragging rights

My first thought, however, is that there are some serious hotspots on those knuckles that would need to be ground down.  That's assuming anyone wanted to use them for anything other than a "paperweight".
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:49:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK, I understand brass.

Those are the glass breakers that come standard on the Ultratech.  They are excellent for tearing up your hand when you reach into your pockets...

Then forget it. I'll just stay with brass pair handed down from my Granddad.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OK, I understand brass.

Not as much as you'd think. The major benefit to knucks is that your hand remains a solid object throughout the strike.

Heavier weight would help, but it's better to have a lighter pair to carry from one stack of papers to another  on the other side of your desk.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like it would cut the shit out of your hand if you hit something.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#13]
If you want something completely useless from Microtech go with the giant Halo

Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought knucks were illegal?
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As a weapon, they are in most areas. Belt buckles, paperweights, etc. are perfectly acceptable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

These are paperweights.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I see AIDs and hepatitis.

No, seriously. Use that thing on people and you might as well play the bottom bitch for anonymous bareback gay sex in the airport bathroom.

Link Posted: 2/26/2013 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

No, seriously. Use that thing on people and you might as well play the bottom bitch for anonymous bareback gay sex in the airport bathroom.

You are inferring jail time right?

OP. What is the legal difference between a paperweight and an illegal deadly weapon. Can NY Residents have magazine paperweights?
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#19]
They are made for the MT collecter market......and they will sell out quickly to the MT geeks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

OP. What is the legal difference between a paperweight and an illegal deadly weapon. Can NY Residents have magazine paperweights?

Are your hands completely free of cuts, scrapes, or hangnails? If they are they won't be after using that thing.

People bleed when punched in the face with spikes.

Would you punch someone with spikes that you know and also know is free of disease? Probably would be someone who is assaulting you and has made many previous bad decisions in life, probably someone you don't know.

Ever watch cops? See how they freak out when they contact body fluids on the job? Ever see the creeps downtown with the yellow eyes?There is a reason for their concern.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They are made for the MT collecter market......and they will sell out quickly to the MT geeks.

Useless items are useless. But hey, it's their money!
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are your hands completely free of cuts, scrapes, or hangnails? If they are they won't be after using that thing.

People bleed when punched in the face with spikes.

Would you punch someone with spikes that you know and also know is free of disease? Probably would be someone who is assaulting you and has made many previous bad decisions in life, probably someone you don't know.

Ever watch cops? See how they freak out when they contact body fluids on the job? Ever see the creeps downtown with the yellow eyes?There is a reason for their concern.

oh ok, I understand now. Thanks.

I am familiar with this problem. I know a couple of cops who say that their tazer is their best friend and essentially the best piece of tech God has graced LEO's with in the history of time.

Link Posted: 2/26/2013 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Useless items are useless. But hey, it's their money!

I understand. Have done plenty of stupid shit with money in my time :(

Link Posted: 2/26/2013 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Needs 3 inch spikes
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Brass knuckles are generally considered lethal force, but I guess if assault with a deadly weapon/murder charges are your thing, then go for it
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Brass knuckles are generally considered lethal force, but I guess if assault with a deadly weapon/murder charges are your thing, then go for it

aaaaaannd.... Piss off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I want hardened tungston knuckles...
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:44:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Use of firearms is generally consideref deadly force, but if murder charges are your thing...
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a weapon, they are in most areas. Belt buckles, paperweights, etc. are perfectly acceptable.

Depends on the state... IIRC, you wouldn't want to be caught in possession of those out in California...
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:53:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You can carry them here with a CCW.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:05:30 AM EDT
[#32]
At first I didn't want them.

All you haters, though, make me want to buy a pair just to spite you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The spikes on the end of the model shown basically says "press charges and sue me" if you ever pop someone with them.

That's most likely going to happen if you pop someone with any type of brass knuckles.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the state... IIRC, you wouldn't want to be caught in possession of those out in California...

Illegal to possess here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This isn't a custom knife, this is a hunk of fucking titanium with some CF glued onto it. All parts machined.

No talent required.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:10:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

At first I didn't want them.

All you haters, though, make me want to buy a pair just to spite you.

Find some Daltons.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just carry a decent sized padlock in your coat pocket .

Extremely effective when slipped over your middle finger , yet completely legal just about anywhere  .
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:13:40 AM EDT
[#37]
OK, so I'll have to say it: for the money they want for these things you could certainly buy a used J frame.

it would be better at solving the problem and wouldn't get you in any more trouble than the knucks would cause you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:15:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Extremely effective when slipped over your middle finger....

Sure is effective, almost lost my eye to that back in 1994.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I want hardened tungston knuckles...

No you dont . . .too brittle . I broke my tungsten ring when I slapped it off of a vise in my shop .

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The spikes on the end of the model shown basically says "press charges and sue me" if you ever pop someone with them.

That's most likely going to happen if you pop someone with any type of brass knuckles.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Illegal to possess here.

Yeah, back in HS, (long ago) my buddy beat a guy up with brass knuckles who had threatened him with a knife the day before. The kids face was mangled. My buddy got probation, but it took him over 10 years to pay off fines & reconstructive surgery for the guy he beat up.

It was actually pretty gross to watch. Blood everywhere and flaps of skin in seconds.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#41]
good post

I have bought my wife a microtech switchblade & one of their bowies for myself...   then I saw the $400 price & thought I could just machine her a custom set

Quoted:

Edit: I have only hit one person with brass knuckles. It is NOT pretty and does much more damage than you'd imagine. I wish I had my old pair for sentimental values. Now they're a novelty that I don't bother with. The spikes on the end of the model shown basically says "press charges and sue me" if you ever pop someone with them. You could get away with shooting someone before you get away with putting little holes in their skull from your $400 brass knuckles.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#42]
A shortened 3/8 T-handle allen wrench , with the cushion handle , now that would end an argument quite quickly
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:24:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extremely effective when slipped over your middle finger , yet completely legal just about anywhere  .

You could tie a hankerchef to it and have a twofer.

The price of the titanium have anything to do with the cost of it?

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#44]
$425 for that shit!

I'll wait until the chinese rip it off for $20, and then I won't buy it anyway.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#45]
If you were to hunt around, you can buy custom knucks for much less money.

There are a few people making them. Lots of styles, different materials, etc.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:29:57 AM EDT
[#46]
There are all kinds of knucks on Amazon for $20. Why spend that kind of money on something so useless?
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Never did understand the lightweight knucks.  They used brass because it's heavy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't a custom knife, this is a hunk of fucking titanium with some CF glued onto it. All parts machined.

No talent required.

They should learn how and why to radius openings that fingers go through.

Really crappy design. Old school cast brass was 100x better.

Nowadays knucks are a ticket for trouble. Wouldn't have a set anywhere near me.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, I understand brass.

Those carbide points will lay a man open right quick. Still these things are probably illegal to carry anywhere.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get caught carrying them and the law won't buy the "paper weight" defense.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top