Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2002 12:56:11 AM EDT
Well today I go grocery shopping and while there I pick up this months issue of Soldier of Fortune Magazine. Well an article that is written in it kinda concerns me and makes me wonder does our Federal, and state governments really care about us at all! Well here is the article. November 2002 Issue of Soldier of Fortune. Command Guidance: By John Farnam "He Who Hesitates Is Lost" At this year's National Tactical Invitational match, we were able to view a captured Al-Qaeda training video and hear comments from several people on the current situation regarding the "War on Terror". In the video, we saw Al-Qaeda operatives training for terrorist "events". The training site was somewhere in Afghanistan. What first struck me was the high degree abject brutality,even in the "role-playing" exercises. Role-players portraying hostages were heard to say, in English,"Please don't kill me." There is little doubt in my mind that these operatives were being trained to hear hostages say that and other English-language phrases. That opinion was strengthened when we saw hostages being herded up to the roof of a building and then murdered (simulated) and their bodies thrown over the edge,one by one, in full view of crowds below and,of course,news media helicopters which would presumably be hovering above. Operations portrayed involved raids on buildings,kidnappings, and murders of individuals in their own homes. Sites included golf courses, which caused all of us to believe these people were training for operations in America and Western Europe where the game of golf is popular. All of it appeared to involve detailed planning and sizable groups of heavily armed operatives. RPG's were routinely used to initiate the operation. As mentioned above,bestial brutality and an utter lack of concern over human suffering were the common threads in all the scenarios. In addition, most scenarios appeared to be suicidal in nature. There seemed to be no plan for the escape or extraction of terrorist operatives. On the other side of the ledger, we had the opportunity to see the [b]Federal government's newly revised policy manual for local "first-responders" to terrorist events.[/b] The theme can be summarized in one sentence: [b] SEAL OFF THE AREA AND DON'T TAKE ANY ACTION UNTIL FEDERAL AUTHORITIES ARRIVE![/b] [b] FIRST RESPONDERS ARE DISCOURAGED FROM DOING ANYTHING ON THEIR OWN,ASIDE FROM ESTABLISHING A PERIMETER,AND THEY ARE ALSO INSTRUCTED TO PREVENT ANYONE ELSE FROM TAKING ACTION! [/b] In every "active-shooter" incident we've experienced in the USA, all the murdering was completed within the first 20 minutes. That statistic alone, at least in theory, makes [b]SWAT[/b] teams irrelevant. They can't possibly get organized and get to the scene that fast. If [b] first responders[/b] fail to take immediate action on their own initiative, anything the SWAT team does,whenever it finally arrives, is unlikely to affect the final outcome in any significant way. A federal response team, arriving hours or even days later, is apt to be even more extraneious. The message is clear. [b] If you get caught in the middle of a terrorist " event", you're on your own![/b] You better be armed and make your move at the first opportunity. If you are taken hostage by one of these groups, there is no doubt that you will be murdered out-right, or ceremonially murdered later, and neither your gender nor your age will make any difference. [b] RESCUE OF INDIVIDUALS IS NOT IN THE FEDERAL PLAN. EVEN AFTER ALL THE LIP SERVICE PAID TO THE HEROIC PASSENGERS OF FLIGHT 93, INDIVIDUAL INITIATIVE IS STILL BEING OFFICIALLY DISCOURAGED![/b] This article concerns me some. What do you all think. Mods if you feel this can be a subject to be tacked up for all to see, can you tack it!
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 1:12:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 1:42:21 AM EDT
[>:/]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 1:56:09 AM EDT
[b]More_Cowbell wrote: I suggest you view "Bowling for Columbine" before leaping to any conclusions. Guns are the problem, not anti-social psychopaths. [/b] I am going to guess that you are jokeing right at saying that guns are the problem! You cannt be seriouss Right? and what is Bowling for Columbine anyway?
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 2:20:09 AM EDT
Michael Moore ?! Ahhhhhhahahahahahahahahahah
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 3:34:40 AM EDT
To More Cowbell I am going to say this right know, I did not post this article so it could be highjacked and turned into something else. I posted this article for all to see about what the federal governments plan is for when a terrorist takes people hostage. Take your anti-gun,anti-self defense gibber somewere else. This subject that I had posted is serious, it is not a joke. Guns are not the problem, as 100% of us true believers on this board can see, it is people that are the problem. People will use what ever means neccesary to carry out there evil intentions. So please take your anti-gun attitude somewere else. It is not appreciated here! Terrorism is a serious threat to the American people, I suppose if you were stuck in a situation were say a cell of 6-8 terrorists came into a fast food resturaunt and took control of the place, and took hostages, you would just get down on your knees and let them wait for the media, and either put a bullet in your head, or better yet,since you believe that guns are the problem, they would use a macheti or a sword to just chop your head off right! Get real, these terrorists are just lying in wait to spring into action in the years to come, most likely waiting for more states to become more oppresive to gun owners like the states of California has. Yea disarm the people so the terrorists have no resistance to there cause, so that they can produce the most amount of damage! Get real man, it is people with the belief that guns are the problem that have made this country weak in the eyes of the terrorists. It is obvious that anti-gunners do not appreciate there lives, or the lives of others. I wont even comment on the Colimbine issue, because I believe you would use that to try to highjack this thread? But if you want to know my opinion on the matter just send me a message into my mail box on AR15.com and I will be more then happy debate the issue, or you could just start your own thread on that issue in the general discussion forum on this web site and see were that will take you!
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 3:54:02 AM EDT
Sorry, you're right. It is important info.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 3:55:44 AM EDT
[size=6][b]FOR ME TO POOP ON![/b][/size=6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 3:59:37 AM EDT
Cowbell, I think you'd better pop a smiley up on that post before this gets (even more) out of hand...
Originally Posted By MinuteMan3: To More Cowbell ... Take your anti-gun,anti-self defense gibber somewere else.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 4:18:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By More_Cowbell: [size=6][b]FOR ME TO POOP ON![/b][/size=6]
View Quote
Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 6:02:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 6:31:40 AM EDT
I have read the analysis of this, but have not heard of these supposed "federal guidelines." The analysis I read, correctly in my opinion, directed officers trapped in these incidents (off-duty or undercover) to immediately and violently resist, becuase they will be killed, along with all other hostages. It also encouraged first responders to immediately intervene in "active shooter" incidents, which is now doctrine for many police agencies nationwide, and for police tactical units to immediately perform hostage rescues or hasty assualt as soon as it is clear that hostages are in jeopardy or that the hostage takers are about to start killing hostages, which has always been hostage-resuce doctrine. The key points an armed citizen (or off-duty cop) can take from this analysis is that, if taken hostage in a terrorist incident from these groups (or those trained by them), the hostage-takers will be actively looking for the armed citizen/off-duty cop, and you will be immediately executed upon discovery. If you are not immediately executed, the terrorist will, at some point, execute you later or attempt to do so. I think it is obvious what the personal, professional and appropriate tactical response to that kind of incident should be. Remember that they might be wearing body armor, and use your sights.
Top Top