Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2002 10:36:18 AM EDT
Does anyone have any current info on where they are on this. I heard they are voting on it today, but can't seem to find much on the internet.
Any L.A.'ers out there that know about this?

Thanks,  BrettA
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope it becomes law.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
What the heck to they need bullets for anyway?  I thought they were't allowed any of the fun guns.

What ever happened to that bullet tax?  If they banned them it would cut down their revenue from the tax a bit don't ya think?[whacko]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel all warm and fuzzy already.. thank <[red]insert non-denominational worship figure here [/red]> the govt is trying to protect us . [whacko]

is anybody here from that area voting against it other than just bitching about it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not up for a public vote.  It's proposed and voted on by the LA City Council only.

Ah yes, Democracy at its finest [V]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't find a damn thing about the ammo ban on the LA city website... but I did find this tidbit from the council's agenda on 9/17 (page 33).

[url]http://lacity.org/clk/councilagendas/ND5998.pdf[/url]

ITEM NO. (64)

02-1986 - MOTION (RIDLEY-THOMAS - WEISS - ET AL.) relative to drafting an ordinance to prohibit the sale or possession of a .50 caliber sniper rifle.

Recommendation for Council action:

REQUEST the City Attorney to draft an ordinance, within 15 days, prohibiting the sale or possession of .50 caliber sniper rifles,
with conditions and exceptions similar to those incorporated in the Los Angeles Municipal Code Section 55.05 regulating the sale and possession of assault weapons.

Don't these people EVER give up!  Christ on a Pogo Stick, how many crimes have been commited with with .50 cal rifles in LA?  Ummmm, let's see, ummmmm..... how about NONE!
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#6]
You mean this? [url]http://www.crpa.org/pressrls091302.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top