Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/18/2002 6:00:16 AM EDT
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/east/09/18/china.execute.reut/index.html[/url] "China usually carries out executions within days of sentencing, normally with a bullet to the back of the head. It executed a total of 2,468 people in 2001, more than all other countries in the world put together, according to Amnesty International." Texas needs to get cracking! [:D]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 6:06:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 6:41:01 AM EDT
Although, you're not really serious about executions unless you CRUFICY people like they do in the Sudan these days.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 6:50:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2002 6:51:14 AM EDT by sniper1az]
They shoot them in the head so the ASSHOLES can harvest the victims organs ! FOR SALE ; ONE SET SLIGHTLY USED KIDNEYS ... [x]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 6:56:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2002 6:58:09 AM EDT by eschang1]
Texas actually comes fairly close in executions per population in some years, some years possibly exceeding China. I recall there was a year where Texas executed 47 prisoners. With only a 20 million population, that year would have exceeded China's executions by about 20% had they had the population size of China, about 1.27 billion. Your state average for the past 5 years seems to have been around 30 executions, with last year around 17 executions. You're going to have to bring that up to at least 39 if you want to compete. :-D
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 7:02:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DK-Prof: Although, you're not really serious about executions unless you CRUFICY people like they do in the Sudan these days.
View Quote
Nothing better that an old fashion crucifixion to help keep the proletariat in line.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 7:29:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By osprey21: Nothing better that an old fashion crucifixion to help keep the proletariat in line.
View Quote
Just don't forget to "look on the bright side of life" when you're being crucified! [:D]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 9:16:48 AM EDT
well, I believe we did # 25 last night with an other scheduled later this week.. Just doing our part.. TEXAS. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 9:23:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2002 9:27:41 AM EDT by trickshot]
Well, I hear a lot of ar15.com posters say that this country would be better off if violent criminals got hung or shot immediately after being found guilty. Of course, a trial in China is just a sham and execution there is basically summary, there is no chance you will successfully defend yourself in a court of law. Then again, American courts are not exactly batting 1000 either. This is why the state must never be trusted with this ultimate authority--in the past several years, hundreds of Americans have had their convictions overturned on the basis of new evidence such as DNA. Had they been executed, well, there is no chance to right the wrong. Plus, execution is a convenient means to do away with embarassments to the goverment--Tim McVeigh being one example. Were he still alive, he might write a book or there might be new evidence of a wider conspiracy. Now that he's dead, the issue is dead, too. The death penalty is totalitarian, pure and simple. It doesn't matter if the "majority" voted for it. It has no deterrent effect on crime--I base my assertion on the fact that people continually commit offenses and get sentenced to death. If it worked, wouldn't you see capital crimes tailing off at some point? Or maybe the word just hasn't gotten around, right? LOL!
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 9:26:54 AM EDT
At least Texas has the balls to execute these animals. CA on the other hand amazes me they even have a death penalt,y they don't follow thru.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 10:49:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By eschang1: Texas actually comes fairly close in executions per population in some years, some years possibly exceeding China. I recall there was a year where Texas executed 47 prisoners. With only a 20 million population, that year would have exceeded China's executions by about 20% had they had the population size of China, about 1.27 billion. Your state average for the past 5 years seems to have been around 30 executions, with last year around 17 executions. You're going to have to bring that up to at least 39 if you want to compete. :-D
View Quote
Maybe I'm missing your point, eschang1, but in Texas, the accused has the right to due process including a trial by a jury of his peers, legal representation and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. In China, as in other COMMUNIST countries, you are put in front of a kangaroo court and executed summarily if they deem you guilty (that is, if you are lucky enough to get a trial). Not trying to flame you, just trying to understand where you are coming from. I feel pretty comfortable knowing that all those executed in Texas were guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Do you feel the same about those in China?
Top Top