Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2002 6:23:43 AM EDT
this went down yesterday right around the corner from my house. from what i have learned so far, the shooter was a illegal mexican. Intruders shoot man to death, wound friend By Chris Conley conley@gomemphis.com September 17, 2002 An Iraq-born man was fatally shot and another man wounded during an apparent robbery at a Kingsbury home Monday morning. Police identified the slaying victim as Kadhem Al-Maily, but did not identify the wounded man. Friends identified him only as "Hussain." The men's ages were not available. According to property records, the home is owned by Altilebawi Hussain. Police were questioning several people Monday night, including one possible suspect. Both men were inside the building at 1191 Graham, near Macon, at about 6:30 a.m. when at least one man knocked on the door, said homicide Maj. Mike Quinn . The shooting began after one of the victims opened the door. Al-Maily was found dead in a rear bedroom. The second victim was found outside at the end of a walkway leading to his driveway, where there was a pool of blood. The house did not appear to have been ransacked, homicide Lt. Walter Norris said, though robbery was a possible motive. Hussain was in critical condition Monday night at the Regional Medical Center at Memphis. Neighbors said a red Jeep belonging to one of the men had been taken. The man called Hussain owned the house, and Al-Maily was visiting, friends said. Hussain worked as a mechanic and as a flea market merchant, friend Ali Albahash said. The two victims are part of a community of Iraqis in Memphis who left their home country because of the government there, Albahash said. Both victims worked hard and were trying to gain citizenship, he said. -
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 11:18:26 PM EDT
Using the words "stupid", "murder" & "Memphis" in the same sentence is triple redundancy. Pity their founders didn't start that city on the other side of the river.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 11:27:17 PM EDT
i have to agree 100%. i will try to leave this rat hole of a city as soon as possible. i will probably try to move out to the county at least. (maybe tipton co.)
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 8:12:26 AM EDT
Another beautiful southern city rich in history and heritage going down the tubes. My suggestion would be to move for sure. Maybey Germantown(really folks)!! I spent the first nine years of my life in Jackson,MS. and had very fond meemories of where I grew up not to mention the relatives and friends that still live there. It seems that like Memphis, Jackson has become a war zone filled with crack and "gangstas". Poverty and a bad minority leadership has not helped the situation at all!! It makes me angry that I DO NOT feel safe enough to drive by where my Grandparents lived. Tried it once and was stopped by the police at a roadbloack with helicopter spotlight looking for the suspects in a drive by shooting. The cop asked us what in the hell we were doing, and I told him we were passing thru to see our grandparents old house. The police were very friendly(I assume because they knew we were not going to be trouble) and told us to take the first exit to the interstate and head North to wherever we were staying. Most people in that area live North of Jackson near Clinton or the resevoir. Boarded up buildings litter Downtown and some areas are literal ghost-towns. God help you if your car breaks down. It makes me made as hell to see this happen to a city I had so many memories in. I'm sorry to hear that this also happening in Memphis. All you F!%@#ing liberals and left-wingers have NO IDEA what is going on down here in the South with Minority-Liberal led Government and overun minority cities. If you feel sorry for them go walk in Downtown Jackson night or day and see for yourselves!! Gemologist[x] BLOAT
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 8:27:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Gemologist: Another beautiful southern city rich in history and heritage going down the tubes. My suggestion would be to move for sure. Maybey Germantown(really folks)!! I spent the first nine years of my life in Jackson,MS. and had very fond meemories of where I grew up not to mention the relatives and friends that still live there. It seems that like Memphis, Jackson has become a war zone filled with crack and "gangstas". Poverty and a bad minority leadership has not helped the situation at all!! It makes me angry that I DO NOT feel safe enough to drive by where my Grandparents lived. Tried it once and was stopped by the police at a roadbloack with helicopter spotlight looking for the suspects in a drive by shooting. The cop asked us what in the hell we were doing, and I told him we were passing thru to see our grandparents old house. The police were very friendly(I assume because they knew we were not going to be trouble) and told us to take the first exit to the interstate and head North to wherever we were staying. Most people in that area live North of Jackson near Clinton or the resevoir. Boarded up buildings litter Downtown and some areas are literal ghost-towns. God help you if your car breaks down. It makes me made as hell to see this happen to a city I had so many memories in. I'm sorry to hear that this also happening in Memphis. All you F!%@#ing liberals and left-wingers have NO IDEA what is going on down here in the South with Minority-Liberal led Government and overun minority cities. If you feel sorry for them go walk in Downtown Jackson night or day and see for yourselves!! Gemologist[x] BLOAT
View Quote
Laws and regulations designed to impliment unproven liberal social theory coming soon to a city near you. Wow, if it's that bad there wonder how many other places are total sh*t holes. Wonder if Cincinnati will ever get that bad?
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 8:39:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2002 8:45:08 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 12:45:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2002 12:47:45 PM EDT by Gemologist]
Aimless- It really is a shame. Memphis has deteriorated significantly in last few, say ten to twenty years. It used to be a fun place to go. Great music and BBQ. I personally don't live there, but have spent enough time there to, know that I wouldn't go back except for business. We all got to make a living you know. I understand the part about being able to walk around Times Square without having any problems When I was fourteen, my brother lived on 86th and Lexington and I walked all over without any issues. Of course I stayed out of Harlem and the Bronx,but everywhere I went seemed relatively safe. Remember I was fourteen. My parents would've killed my older brother had they known I was wandering the streets of NYC alone at all times of the day and night. Every city has its bad area, but Memphis seems bad everywhere but Germantown which is outside of the city. Damn shame huh? Nashville and parts of East Tennessee are extremely nice with very little crime although we get our share, just not as much as a few of these other cities mentioned. If you ever make it down to the Nashville area feel free to e-mail for suggestions and or tips on where to stay and what to see. Gemologist [x] BLOAT
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 10:21:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gemologist: If you ever make it down to the Nashville area feel free to e-mail for suggestions. Gemologist BLOAT
View Quote
I live in Nashville, you want to get up for a shoot sometime?
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 10:32:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 9:36:12 AM EDT
Bob-Yes, Anytime. Feel free to E-mail me and we will make arrangements. I will be in Dallas for the next five days but would enjoy getting together soon. Wolfpack-Memphis is in certain areas very dangerous. Not all areas are that way, and obviously you stayed out of the bad ones!! JJ- Any comments?? Heck you live there! Gemologist[x] BLOAT
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:49:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2002 11:49:52 PM EDT by jj]
there are really no parts of memphis proper that are really safe. even the suburbs are starting to go to shit. oh and by the way here is a little more reading..... Trio may have been involved in about 20 robberies of Hispanics By Kevin McKenzie mckenzie@gomemphis.com September 20, 2002 Two men and a woman who specialized in robbing Hispanic residents face a growing stack of criminal charges, Memphis police said Thursday. A fourth member of the ring was fatally shot during an attempted robbery on Sept. 13 in Hickory Hill, said Robbery Bureau Maj. Randall O'Byrnes. It was the death of Robert Lee Brooks Jr., 25, that led police to suspect the group is responsible for a lengthy list of robberies, O'Byrnes said. He said the three people now facing charges are Deljuan E. Williams, 32; James E. Ingram, 23, and Sirita I. Tolbert, 19. Tolbert confessed to police that she drove the getaway car while Brooks, Ingram and Williams robbed "Mexicans," according to a police affidavit charging Tolbert with facilitation of aggravated robbery. Police so far have charged Williams and Ingram with two counts of aggravated robbery each for the Sept. 6 holdup of Moses Jimecez and Francisco Figueroa. As Jimecez and Figueroa got out of a vehicle about 4:40 p.m. at 5925 Birdie Cove in the Gleneagles Apartments in Hickory Hill, two men robbed them of $100. Ingram hit Jimecez in the head with a pistol, according to a police affidavit. O'Byrnes said the trio may be responsible for about 20 robberies. They face additional charges as police continue their investigation, he said. On Sept. 13 at about 6 p.m., Brooks was shot in the chest during an attempted robbery of Jesus Morales and Roberto Moreno as they worked on a vehicle parked at the 6111 at Ridgeway Crossing apartments. Tolbert told police she drove Brooks, who was her boyfriend, to Saint Francis Hospital after he was shot during the attempted robbery. Police recovered two pistols in the suspects' car. Morales and Moreno told police they ran behind the vehicle and were armed only with a screwdriver. They said the two robbers fired shots and ran off. Investigators have not determined who shot Brooks, police said. -
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 11:52:52 PM EDT
oops almost forgot this one............. Tattoo artist killed, 2 people wounded in home invasion By Kevin McKenzie mckenzie@gomemphis.com September 20, 2002 A tattoo artist was fatally shot and two other people were wounded early Thursday after two gunmen invaded an East Memphis home and forced everyone inside to strip, police said. Police identified the man killed as Ryan J. Hale, 29, of Memphis. About 1 a.m. two armed men entered a house at 3430 Kirby Ave. near Lamar and Interstate 240, where Hale had gone to do several tattoos. Homicide Lt. Walter Norris said several people were in the home, and the gunmen forced all of them to strip. Then one of the robbers began shooting. "While there, for some reason . . . one of them started shooting randomly," Norris said. Hale, shot in the face, was pronounced dead at the Regional Medical Center at Memphis, Norris said. A woman was shot in the arm and a man, who resides at that address, was shot in the arm, he said. Both were treated and released from The Med. Norris declined to identify them. He said investigators were talking to one suspect Thursday, but expected no charges to be filed immediately. The gunmen apparently entered the house through an unlocked door, although police were still investigating that point, Norris said. The robbers went through the home searching for money and fired shots outside. "From what we understand, the house was full of people, but of course they all left when police arrived," Norris said.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 5:50:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2002 5:50:47 AM EDT by Gemologist]
Damn JJ, I guess you'll never run out of stories to post. Why doesn't someone do something about this? Do the people just ignore what is happening to their city? Is Memphis run by "naive" liberal hopefuls? Sounds to me like there will never be an end to this kind of crap and the locals(the ones who actually care)need to get together for a little attitude adjustment!! Gemologist[x] BLOAT
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:57:01 PM EDT
one more just for the hell of it..... Security guard shot to death at Midtown bank September 20, 2002 A 50-year-old private security guard was shot to death this afternoon at Union Planters at 270 N. Cleveland. Police are still sorting out what happened and have not released the name of the victim, saying only that he was an employee of Security One. Two suspects remain at large. Authorities said the men entered the bank near the ATM machines and were approached by the guard. A scuffled ensued and the man was shot in the head.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 7:27:04 AM EDT
update......hot of the wire my fu**cking licence plate was stolen off my car last night. i called a the non- emergecy number for mpd. they told me to just go get new tags monday and that they would enter the plate # as stolen at that time. they did not even ask my name address tag #.
Top Top