Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2002 10:38:21 PM EDT
Then I wonder if you could do a favor for me. I have read reports that nearly all the silver chains being sold retail today in the US cling to magnets. [url]http://www.mips1.net/mggold.nsf/Current/4225685F0043D1B285256C370007B6BD?OpenDocument­[/url] Silver used in jewelry (sterling) is 92.5% pure, the other 7.5% is copper. Neither of these metals are ferro magnetic. Yet people are reporting that silver chains are clinging to magnets. I was hoping I could ask members around the country to visit their local Sears, JC Penny, Wal Mart, or whatever and check out their silver jewelry wares with a magnet. On one hand, retailers are swindling the public. On the other, the current price of silver may not reflect the true supply of the commodity, and is thus underpriced. Either could be a way to pick up some cash, either through speculation or class action lawsuits.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 11:23:45 PM EDT
I would rather continue to retrieve change out of the mall water fountains. At least that is an honorable way to get money.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 11:26:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: I would rather continue to retrieve change out of the mall water fountains. At least that is an honorable way to get money.
View Quote
Damn! That brings back memories.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 11:27:47 PM EDT
You think that calling dishonest merchants on their swindling of customers is not honorable?
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 11:36:44 PM EDT
I am so damn poor I don't even remember what a customer is anymore.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 12:52:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2002 12:52:40 AM EDT by usmc0311]
They have money for a fricken silver braclet they have money for a fricken magnet too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 12:58:24 AM EDT
I'm so poor, I can't even pay attention.
Top Top