Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2002 12:11:19 AM EDT
The other day I was going into a local grocery store not far from my father's home. As I was entering the store the "rent-a-cop" was leaving to go outside. Because of my interest in guns, I usually look to see what security/police officer's carry for a side arm. On his sleeve he had a patch that said "special security". In his holster, which happened to be a FOBUS holster, he was carrying a CROSSMAN PELLET GUN. I don't know what he would do if he had to shoot it. It only fires one round. Would you feel safe being protected w/ a pellet gun??

Link Posted: 9/16/2002 12:18:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The other day I was going into a local grocery store not far from my father's home. As I was entering the store the "rent-a-cop" was leaving to go outside. Because of my interest in guns, I usually look to see what security/police officer's carry for a side arm. On his sleeve he had a patch that said "special security". In his holster, which happened to be a FOBUS holster, he was carrying a CROSSMAN PELLET GUN. I don't know what he would do if he had to shoot it. It only fires one round. Would you feel safe being protected w/ a pellet gun??

Never seen that before, of course those security ninjas are just deterrents.  Whether they work or not depends on the type of criminal he/she would encounter.

The sheep think their safe and that's important for the store.  But I hate to think of what would happen if he actually had to draw it against an armed assailant.

Hey what model was the pellet gun?

Maybe he didn't get firearms traning yet?

Maybe he's an ex-con and is forbid from owning a gun?  But just because you're an ex-con who's forbidden to own a gun does that mean you can't use a company issued gun?
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 12:18:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Anything that makes me [b][i]feel[/i][/b] safer is good enough for me. [whacko]
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
since no one said it yet, I think I will ...

..."You'll shoot your eye out kid!!!!"
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 12:28:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I was at a Jack in the Box restaurant years ago when these punks were harrassing the unarmed security ninja.

One punk said, "we should take his badge away".
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:02:12 AM EDT
[#5]
SeaDweller:
It was the crossman one that comes w/ the dart board.U have to pull the cocking handle to the rear and then push it fwd. Then You flip up the Bbl to load the dart or pellet.

Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:07:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Those can sting pretty bad. Also, maybe he had it loaded with radioactive poisoned exploding darts
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:37:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, with the 2.5" bbl, I hear those things are real tack drivers!
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:38:01 AM EDT
[#8]
When SHTF comes....He will be the first to dial 911.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
SeaDweller:
It was the crossman one that comes w/ the dart board.U have to pull the cocking handle to the rear and then push it fwd. Then You flip up the Bbl to load the dart or pellet.

LOL!  I remember those dartboard guns many years ago.  They're maybe about 90fps.  I opted for the co2 Daisy "Beretta 92" instead.  I admit it, I paid some straw dude stranger to get it for me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Was at MOA (Mall Of America) a few years back. They had the standard not-cops working as [s]loss prevention[/s] security guards...you know the type - khaki pants, white shirt, tin badge, flashlight, cuffs, dazed stare.

ANYWAY, around 5pm the number of teenagers goes up. We're walking out to the car and I spot a HERD of (what appears to be) SRT clustered in a briefing by a staff corridor. Curious, I peek in a little bit.

Here are a bunch of jokers in vests, blacks, combat boots, helmets, the whole nine yards...but NO GUNS. It wasn't the Bloomington / Hennepin Co. SRT, it was the "mall ninjas" on full alert! Watch out, we're on [b]tactical anti-shoplift patrol[/b]. STOP or we'll yell STOP again!

[whacko]

Tango7 - I gotta go and soak my head for awhile...

ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if like Barney, he has to keep the pellet in his pocket?
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Everyday on my way to work I walk past a large government building that is within a few blocks of the White House.  There's a security guard that I often see 'patrolling' on the sidewalk outside who weighs at least 400 pounds and his belt is supporting a radio and an *empty* holster.  I sure would feel safe if I worked in *that* building.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:39:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Those can sting pretty bad. Also, maybe he had it loaded with radioactive poisoned exploding darts
View Quote

where do u get those?
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 4:44:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top