Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2001 5:07:33 PM EDT
It was this lady from OSPIRC (Oregon State Public Intrest Reseach Group) yeah, never heard of them anyway... I told them there was no one else home, then she proceeded to give me a pamplet.. and I just about closed the door, when she asked:

"Can I ask you a personal question?"

I say "Depends..."

She says "Do you guys have any matches in your house?"

Me, thinking back to the several boxes I have in my room alone, figure this is none of her buisness, and reply, "Nope, actually, I don't think we do..."

She says "Alight, thanks."

Then I close the door.

Just thought that was kind of strang..anyone else ever have had something like that happen to them????

I've had men knowingly ask to come inside when I told them no one else was here......

(I'm 14 BTW)..

Captain Obvious
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
AS an LEO I would be suspicious in that your house may have being cased for a burglary.

[uzi]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#2]
She probably needed to light a joint after having to go knock on peoples doors all day, I know it annoys me when people do that imagine what it's like for her the only humans she sees all day long are real pissed for annoying us, take a hint you door-to-door f@ckers telemarketers too!
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
She probably needed to light a joint after having to go knock on peoples doors all day, I know it annoys me when people do that imagine what it's like for her the only humans she sees all day long are real pissed for annoying us, take a hint you door-to-door f@ckers telemarketers too!
View Quote

She asked if we had any..not if she could have some.

However, I suspect you're right too..........................................
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.pirg.org/ospirg/index.htm[/url]

Here is a link to their site.
Based on what I read there they are probably surveying
about match  ownership due to a child safety concern or some kind of potential pollutant in matches.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The proper response:

"Yeah, I got a match.  My dog's ass and your face."
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Kinda similar to doctors asking if you own any firearms...

neither is any of their business.....
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Reminds me of a telephone call I received a few months ago.  

Personal Cel Phone rings I pick it up and say hello

Guy: With whom am I speaking?

Me: With whom am I speaking?

Guy: I asked you first.

Me: I know but you called me and you should know who you called.

Guy: I don't have to tell you my name.

Me: Okay no problem (then I hang up)

10 minutes later:

Cel phone rings I answer

Guy: With whom am I speaking?

Me: Same person you were speaking to 10 minutes ago.

Guy: Gets pissed, asks to speak to someone I've never heard of.

Me: Sorry I don't know anyone by that name nor is there anyone here that I don't know.

Guy: Gets pissed accusing me of hiding this person from him.

Me: Hang up again

This guy calls back no less than 10 times leaving all sorts of profane language and threats on my answering service.  Luckily the Caller ID says South Dakota.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#8]
You didn't tell her about Prince Albert in a Can?
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#9]
She was bringing capt some new hair glue!
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Was she good lookin'?
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I've always wanted to wait till the Jehovah's Witnesses were coming around the neighborhood and have my wife lay down on the walkway and paint an outline around her, then throw some of that BS they leave in your door around her. Then watch the looks on their faces when they see the outline!
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Man I'll tell ya, if she was good looking
and you told her to hit the road when  you've
got the house to yourself you should
change your name to Captain Oblivious.
If she was ugly then you should have told her to come back in twenty min. after you finish the twelve pack in your fridge.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've always wanted to wait till the Jehovah's Witnesses were coming around the neighborhood and have my wife lay down on the walkway and paint an outline around her, then throw some of that BS they leave in your door around her. Then watch the looks on their faces when they see the outline!
View Quote

ROTFLMFAO!!      

50Cal,     If my wife wouldn't lay me out in the outline,  I would do that!!   I've got a couple of them that drop buy about once a month as I was nice to them.   STUPID!!   Live & learn.   They piss my wife off.  I just have a hard time being mean.  I just treat them with the respect I would want and listen to them.  Guess I'll answer the door with my new LEGP in my hand wearing just my undies with a hairy testical hangin' out!!   (sorry for that mental image!)    
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By garden weasel:
If she was ugly then you should have told her to come back in twenty min. after you finish the twelve pack in your fridge.
View Quote

Garden, it woulda taken a LOT more than a 12 pack to make her look decent!

Is she related to you???  [;)]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Posted by ARleo:

"AS an LEO I would be suspicious in that your house may have being cased for a burglary."

I'm an LEO also, and I'm on the theory that she was ACTUALLY interested in a child safety issue, or needed to light a butt!  Sometimes we have to step back a little from our jobs and put the rest of the world in perspective...
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Captain Obvious:
Originally Posted By garden weasel:
View Quote

Garden, it woulda taken a LOT more than a 12 pack to make her look decent!

Is she related to you???  [;)]
View Quote

This from a 14 year old?  Young man, you should respect your elders.  Do you not realize you are contributing to the moral decline of America?  LMAO
View Quote

Now here my fellow American is a man of good moral value.Let him be an example of the new America while I'm in office

Thank You
And God Bless
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
AS an LEO I would be suspicious in that your house may have being cased for a burglary.

[uzi]
View Quote

My town could use some LEO's like you.  When I was home two years ago on Christmas break, my whole neighborhood was being cased (all my nieghbors were complaining...these robbers were kinda blaintant...sitting in their car in the drive way of the house they were casing, then taking off when someone showed up).  The second day I was home I found boot prints all around the house.  They all led up to windows, two of which had wholes punched through the screens where the release latches are located.  So this guy clearly tried to enter.  My mother notifies the police, and nothing was done.  No police came to investigate.  Three days later my neighbor across the street gets ripped off.  With all the complaints filed, not one cop could be bothered to patrol the neighborhood.  My town's population is under 20K and and we have about 80 police officers.  The best part...my mom went across the street when the police were their the next morning and mentioned that she had called earlier in the week to notify the police that someone was casing our house.  The police had no record of any complaints, not my mother's, not the neighbors.  This is the EXACT reason i bought my M590.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top