Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So what?

There are a lot of people that are really antigun and are not jewish at all.
And the argumentations you listed and they use to make their (silly) antigun statements are the same one used by any other antigun people.

When someone is shortminded, there is no difference if it is jewish, muslim, christian, baptist or whatsoever... it's just shortminded!
View Quote

The difference is that those in leadership positions like feinstein, schumer, many rabbis, and the ADL, use the "never forget" and "nazi" images of gun owners to get their followers to push for increasing gun control.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#3]
You are looking for Jews with guns?
How can I assist you?

I have a whole safe full.
And I was trained at Thunder Ranch.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Amazing how Scarecrow is so quick to defend muslims, making sure no one suggests that they are ALL terrorists.
And when called an anti-semite, he claims to not be anti-jew, but anti-ISRAEL.

Then he posts this:

[b]"Whait until you hear the story about Jews with planes!"[/b]

[img]www.roderuscustom.tzo.com/cgi-bin/ib3/iB_html/uploads/post-6-41448-LIBERTy.jpg [/img]

Quite a liar.
So quick to associate ALL jews with a single act.
Not a surprise to anyone who's read his inane posts.

Link Posted: 9/13/2002 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I've asked this question before, but haven't ever gotten a response from any of the "Israel (or Jews) is responsible for the sinking of the USS Liberty, therefor the Arabs are wonderful" crowd. Maybe this time.

Scarecow,

I can understand a US citizen being upset about the Liberty sinking. I was upset about it.  But I was even more upset about the bombing of the Marine HQ in Lebanon some years later. Why more? Because more Americans died. I was upset about the bombings of US Embassies in Africa by Muslim extremists.

Now you're a Canadian, so I'm a little puzzled about why you are so upset about the Liberty.  Be that as it may, why are you not upset, or at least not upset enough to print a fancy poster,
about the Arab atrocities against Americans? Is it somehow OK with you when Arabs kill Americans?

Give me a reasoned and reasonable answer, and I'll give it some thought.  Ignore the question, or give me a smartass answer, and I'll start printing up the troll logo every time you post.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let me at least have a stab at answering 1 Patriot's questions about why so many Jews are anti gun.  Those of us who are Jews who do own guns have probably had to contend with this more than anyone, because just about all of us have had Jewish friends or relatives act like we were wierdos for being gun owners.

Most American Jews have ancestry in Eastern Europe, or Germany, where (in earlier times) Jews were forbidden to own guns.  The only gun a Jew in that environment ever saw was in the hands of the authorities, who were using them to harass the Jews in the ghetto.  To some extent that, I think, colored the basic perception. You know, gun = something bad for a Jew.

Secondly, game hunting is a no no for observant Jews.  All  meat has to be ritually slaughtered, which you can't do with hunted game, so there goes another reason to own a gun.

Now, this is changing.  Every year I encounter more and more Jews who either own a gun, or are considering getting one.  The number of Jewish members on this site is, I think, a real indicator of that change.  My hunch is that 20 years ago you would have had less than 1/2 the Jewish posters that we have now. I'd have been here, because 20 years ago I was an AR15 owner[:D].  Heck I'd have been on an M1 (rifle and carbine) site 40 years ago; but 40 years ago my best childhood buddy and I were the only two Jews I knew that owned guns.

No, I hate the Feinsteins and Schumers.  But I also hate the Conyers's and the McCains as well, for the same reasons everyone else on this board does.  
View Quote

That explains it a little better to me. Shamayim, I wish you, and the other jews with guns, were more of a missionary for RKBA to your fellow Jews.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
We try, heliflyer, we try.  Well, I've got at least one of them semi converted;  my wife.  Even tho raised in Israel, she made it very clear that she was marrying me in spite of the fact that I was a gun owner, not because of it.  It shortly got even harder for her, when I took a position as securuty officer/armorer at a federal agency and she had to watch me putting on a 9mm every day.

Things have changed for her ever since 1) she became a mother 5 years ago, and 2) 9/11 happened.  She's begun to realize that it's a violent world sometimes, and decent people need to be ready and able to protect themselves and their families. She hasn't quite gotten to learning to shoot herself (and I don't push it), but she's raised no objections to my teaching our 5 year old how to shoot when he's a bit older.

That's kind of what I see happening in other parts of the Jewish community. I certainly hope it continues.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually, all Jews own guns. It's a secret, don't tell anyone. Seriously, Shamayim hit the nail on the head. My parents survived the Holocaust and my Dad had me shooting at 8 years old. Tomorrow afternoon my 2 oldest, 12 and 10 will begin NRA training. In our community there are at least as many conservative Jews as Dems, and maybe more. Half of the Jews I know are armed. There is a large community of Jews from Israel and South Africa here who all had military service at one time or another. Most of them own guns.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#9]
tatjana
Sorry about calling you a He :(
Are you the newest female moderator?

Quoted:
Past transgression? Again the Liberty? Holy shit, maybe you Canadian kid has problem to remember how your paratroops acted in Somalia, and why your government decided to disbad such units... you and other shortminded people here are still sticked to the only hostile episode...
should I start to mention everytime US killed, even in peacetime, in MY COUNTRY civilians? C',mon...
View Quote

C'mon, Is it that hard to take the time to atleast read some of what you post before you post it?
And who cares about racist paratroops in Somalia, maybe we should drudge up the US history on racism and waste some time there flinging mud.
But then again, maybe your too old to remember your own history.

Quoted:
Sorry if we took seriously the fact that almost THREE THOUSAND of INNOCENT PEOPLE were killed by a fundamentalist sheik...
View Quote

Maybe your too old to realize the problem wasn't with seriousness, it was with something completely different. But since your so old and know it all, I wont waste your time with what was really said and meant.

Quoted:
Reading this a question come to my mind:

Does your mother know that you surf in the internet, kid?
View Quote

Kid? Sorry old man, but I guess you must have forgotten in your old age that over the age of 18 constitutes an adult.

Quoted:
Quite a liar.
So quick to associate ALL jews with a single act.
Not a surprise to anyone who's read his inane posts.
View Quote

I din't associate all Jews with anything, I just gave an example of what some Jews did with airplanes. Its in your head that such an idea was created.
And anyways if an article can associate all Jews with anti-terrorist gun owning freedom loving people, then I have the right to associate them with whatever I want.

Originally Posted shamayim:
Scarecow,

I can understand a US citizen being upset about the Liberty sinking. I was upset about it. But I was even more upset about the bombing of the Marine HQ in Lebanon some years later. Why more? Because more Americans died. I was upset about the bombings of US Embassies in Africa by Muslim extremists.

Now you're a Canadian, so I'm a little puzzled about why you are so upset about the Liberty. Be that as it may, why are you not upset, or at least not upset enough to print a fancy poster,
about the Arab atrocities against Americans? Is it somehow OK with you when Arabs kill Americans?

Give me a reasoned and reasonable answer, and I'll give it some thought. Ignore the question, or give me a smartass answer, and I'll start printing up the troll logo every time you post.
View Quote

Beleive it or not, but I hold VALUE in AMERICAN LIVES. We are neighbours, and that for me is eneugh to consider most Americans borthers.
Thats why I and every true Canadian wants Osama Bin Laden dead or atleast in prison, if we din't, we wouldn't have sent in our troops to help.
No Americans should have died that day, and I feel its too easily brushed off and forgotten.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Where is the racism?
I am not being sarcastic, I just don't see it.
View Quote

Sylvan, I think she is taking execption to "Rag Head".  Jew is not a racial slur as it is acutally the name of a race.  

However, some people mistake Rag Head for a slur, but I do not think it is so I guess I am with you. Rag Head is mearly a term which describes a certain group of low life scumy murdering crap eating pig types who happen to wear rags, towels, or underwear on their heads instead of hats.  

No Rag Head is not a slur. Now if a person was to use the words "sand n-word", that would be a slur. I have not seen those two words used here.

Beats me why some people get so upset about a little name calling directed toward low life scumy murdering crap eating pig types who murdered 3000 of my countrymen.  What does it take to make some people angry?
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Unfortunaley there are anti-gunners in every ethnic and religeous group.  Lets not single out the Jewish people on this site.  They are here because they believe in the Right to bear arms and the constitution.  I am ashamed of the anti-gun Italian politicians.  They make my blood boil. All progunners, whether Jewish, black, hispanic, catholic or other wise, must stick together for our cause.  All of US as one voice will drive those commie anti-gunners out of office, and back to the rocks that they crawled out from under.  God-bless AMERICA!
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Scarecrow, you might be able to fool yourself.
Not us.
Please go away again.
Your absence was pleasant.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We try, heliflyer, we try.  Well, I've got at least one of them semi converted;  my wife.  Even tho raised in Israel, she made it very clear that she was marrying me in spite of the fact that I was a gun owner, not because of it.  It shortly got even harder for her, when I took a position as securuty officer/armorer at a federal agency and she had to watch me putting on a 9mm every day.

Things have changed for her ever since 1) she became a mother 5 years ago, and 2) 9/11 happened.  She's begun to realize that it's a violent world sometimes, and decent people need to be ready and able to protect themselves and their families. She hasn't quite gotten to learning to shoot herself (and I don't push it), but she's raised no objections to my teaching our 5 year old how to shoot when he's a bit older.

That's kind of what I see happening in other parts of the Jewish community. I certainly hope it continues.
View Quote

I don't want to say a persons name, or their fathers name outright. But, I have a friend whose father was, at one time, the middle weight boxing champion of the world. He was called Slapsy Maxie. The father owned a restaurant called Maxies in Hollywood.

This fellows son was a solid antigunner, when I met him. I was persuasive, but not overpoweringly so. Today the son is a gunowner.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You're a member of this community.  You volunteered to be one.  That makes you a representative of the "gun culture" and imposes on you (at least by honor code) the responsibility to conduct yourself in a "more civilized than the average bear" manner- lest you cast your fellow gun owners- and hence your family- in a negative light.

No.  We hold ourselves to a higher standard here because we STAND for something and because we ARE better than those who don't.

View Quote

This is what I wish we could all adhere to. I get angry when I see the Balzac72 pictures. I just do not want to lower my self to the name calling mentality. It can, and probably will come back to haunt us someday. So listen to the MOD, even if it grates on your teeth. They are right!

Bill
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:07:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Scarcrow:

Just to set the record straight, Paolo is not an American, he is Italian, his wife is Israeli and had a 3 year old relative murdered by the scum you usually jump to the defense of.
View Quote

I defend no one. Fact is I hold both Israelis and Palestinians in VERY LOW regard. If anyone started a thread about how great Palestinians are, I wouldn't sit here and agree with them.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, those without the experience taught by doing and seeing and living should hold their tongues less they sound really stupid to those who have been there and done that and lived it.
View Quote

There are people who can live their whole lives not doing, not seeing, and just plain not living, yet by your standards, aslong as they are older they know more.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not us.
Please go away again.
View Quote

Who are you speaking for? The AR15.com gay community?

Please Cincinnatus, at least people know I exist and at least I can bring controversy to a topic, all you bring to a conversation is a copy of whatever the majority says without ever having to assert yourself for what you believe.

You’re just a spineless groupie.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:03:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what?

There are a lot of people that are really antigun and are not jewish at all.
And the argumentations you listed and they use to make their (silly) antigun statements are the same one used by any other antigun people.

When someone is shortminded, there is no difference if it is jewish, muslim, christian, baptist or whatsoever... it's just shortminded!
View Quote

The difference is that those in leadership positions like feinstein, schumer, many rabbis, and the ADL, use the "never forget" and "nazi" images of gun owners to get their followers to push for increasing gun control.
View Quote

They (ab)use their arguments.

Other people (ab)use others. I don't see the different.

Curiously, the same arguments are used by Israelis to get more carry permit in Israel (and believe me it is not easy). The last of the Israelis, hearing Dianne Feinstein, would laugh in her face...
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:39:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 1:45:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 2:15:59 AM EDT
[#22]
heliflyer,

I'm old enough to know exactly who you're talking about when you refer to "Slapsy Maxie".
Even recall seeing him in some movies when I was a kid.[:D]

Re Tatjana's moderating suggestions, I'm totally in agreement. We can express our opposition, and even disgust, with the actions of a group of people without getting into the name calling trap. My own belief is that statement using ethnic slur type labels lose their impact.

The sad thing for me is that, given the actions of far too many of their own,  the term "Arab Muslim" is on its' way to becoming an ethnic insult all by itself. Not "Arab", because many Arabs are Christian or Druse, and these folks do not involve themselves in terror (they are more often the victims themselves), and not "Muslim" by itself, because there are Muslim communities all over the world that aren't involved in the kind of things we're talking about here (Turks, non Taliban Afghans, etc.).  

Well, y'all have a good one.  I'm going to the gun show today, so I'll have fun. Happy weekend to all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 6:50:51 AM EDT
[#23]
As long as I am able, until the last round or blade, I will not step foot onto a 'cattle car' bound for places unknown.
"Never Again", holds personal with me!
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
As long as I am able, until the last round or blade, I will not step foot onto a 'cattle car' bound for places unknown.
"Never Again", holds personal with me!
View Quote

You me and over six million others bro
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not us.
Please go away again.
View Quote

Who are you speaking for? The AR15.com gay community?

Please Cincinnatus, at least people know I exist and at least I can bring controversy to a topic, all you bring to a conversation is a copy of whatever the majority says without ever having to assert yourself for what you believe.

You’re just a spineless groupie.
View Quote

Spineless, huh?

Well, I suppose your anti-semitic bile and lack of integrity IS a breath of fresh air, compared to all of this reason and honor that is more prevalent here.

You're merely an ignorant kid, Scarecrow.  A provincial clown, and a liar.

Quoted:
...at least people know I exist
View Quote

Never have more pitiful words been posted here.
"at least people know I exist"??
Good God Scarecrow, pull yourself together.  You're all of eighteen years old.  You should get outside, try to see the world, open your eyes a bit.  The internet shouldn't be where a young boy like yourself goes to feel as though he "exists".

Pitiful.
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 3:09:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#28]
   quote]Originally Posted By Scarecrow[:
Quoted:
Scarcrow:

Just to set the record straight, Paolo is not an American, he is Italian, his wife is Israeli and had a 3 year old relative murdered by the scum you usually jump to the defense of.
View Quote

I defend no one. Fact is I hold both Israelis and Palestinians in VERY LOW regard. If anyone started a thread about how great Palestinians are, I wouldn't sit here and agree with them.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, those without the experience taught by doing and seeing and living should hold their tongues less they sound really stupid to those who have been there and done that and lived it.
View Quote

There are people who can live their whole lives not doing, not seeing, and just plain not living, yet by your standards, aslong as they are older they know more.
View Quote

After the remarks and polls out of Canada this week ,I have a pretty low opinion of them
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#29]

quote]Originally Posted by Scarecrow

[b]I defend no one. Fact is I hold both Israelis and Palestinians in VERY LOW regard. If anyone started a thread about how great Palestinians are, I wouldn't sit here and agree with them.[/b]

after the polls and remarks coming out of Canada
this week, i have a very low opinion of those pussies and their pussified prime minister.

Link Posted: 9/17/2002 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So listen to the MOD, even if it grates on your teeth. They are right!
View Quote

I used to listen to MOD.

[url]http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/method_of_destruction/bio.jhtml[/url]

DrMark
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top