Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2002 11:15:15 AM EDT
Smoke grenades?   It seems I recall there used to be quite a few people selling surplus smoke grenades; Canadian Surplus, US M-18(?), etc.  Now I cannot for the life of me find them.  Did ATF make them a no-no?   Are they legal to possess?   Any input would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh C'mon....20 people read this and no input?
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Ilikelegs,

Thanks for the link, but they appear to only have the 37mm smokers / cannon fuse smokers...  Not quite what I was looking for.

Steve
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have any info?
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Smoke Grenades are not classified as Destructive Devices. I purchase DDs on a regular basis at work, and I also purchase smoke grenades. Smokes do not require the same kind of wait for paperwork to clear that DDs take.

We buy our smokes from DefTech, but they generally don't sell to the public; they go through distributors but will make direct slaes to LE agencies. For the record, you can usually get a better deal through a distributor, and DefTech has excellent customer service.
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Just did a search, got 14,233 hits. Try it.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just did a search, got 14,233 hits. Try it.....
View Quote

I have done multiple searches on a variety of search engines,  with a variety of subjects; smoke grenade,  military smoke grenades,  surplus smoke gren......and in total  got over a couple million hits.   However nothing usefull as for where to buy them.  

Natez -  Do you have a link for DefTech?  

Link Posted: 9/13/2002 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#8]
You might try giving the farm supply stores a call.  Tell them you want to get rid of the groundhogs under the garage.

Farm & Fleet
Tractor supply Co.-TSC I think
Big R
Farm Service-FS
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#9]
[url]www.ombps.com[/url]

txlewis
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Natez -  Do you have a link for DefTech?  

View Quote

try [url] http://www.defense-technology.com/ [/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top