Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/11/2002 5:52:36 AM EDT
If you haven't seen this before, here's one of the pics I took at ground zero.  Its all about the victims, I hope this makes it clear.

Who knows the unbelievable torture and pains this woman went through before her life expired.  She might have known indescribable pain, I hope she went quickly.

Lets pray for them today.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/thebeekeeper1%2FBODYsmall%2Ejpg[/img]

[red]Edited to put warning in subject title! God Bless this poor soul and her family! EricTheHun[/red]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:21:23 AM EDT
[#1]
this may seem cruel, but i belive these are the photos every American NEEDS to see, so that the impact of this attack on America & its ideals are NEVER forgotten !!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:26:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That does hit ya right in the gut.

This nation NEEDS a punch in the gut - SOMETHING that will wake her up.

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
this may seem cruel, but i belive these are the photos every American NEEDS to see, so that the impact of this attack on America & its ideals are NEVER forgotten !!!!!!!
View Quote

Agreed. I said the same thing when Balzac first posted this photo about a week ago.

I'm in informal negotiations with him to see if he'll release the others in a way we can see them without being limited by bandwidth, etc.

I imagine most others react to the photo above the way I do: a silent screach of rage, a reddening of the field of view, and an overwhelming desire to push the fucking button (nuclear or otherwise) on these barbarians once and for all.

Sorry, had to get that little rant out...
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Where in the hell did THAT picture come from??? How did anything like that get out?
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:30:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I think for too many people, what happened in NYC is an abstract thing, too far away and too far removed from the rest of the country.  Everyone should see photos of the victims, not as they lived but as they died, to make the terror of that day a reality, instead of just a list of numbers and names.  

Never forgive, never forget.  For the woman in that picture and the thousands others like her.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:36:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where in the hell did THAT picture come from??? How did anything like that get out?
View Quote

Simple. Balzac took the picture himself....
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:38:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Balzac72 was at Ground Zero.
Balzac72 took that picture.
We need to see every single person they brought out of the attack sites.
Dead and Alive.
Without the blood and human remains, we know not what we fight for.
Right now, for most, WTC is "a horrible event".
For many on this site, who were there, this is a vicious unprovoked attack, which remains unrevenged.
The terrorism and death of 11Sep2001 has been transformed into something that we need to "heal" from.
BenDover said it best several months ago, and I captured it for my profile: "Anyone who is still politically correct after 9/11 is a terrorist sympathizer and should be treated accordingly."
So it would seem, and so the truth is spoken.
I am ready, and I await the fecal impact.
View Quote

I didn't say anything about being PC.

For the record, just because someone on this site said it...does not make it so.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh Lord, may your eternal love and guidance provide comfort for all those innocents that lost their lives on September 11th and for their families as well.

In our Lord's name we pray, Amen.

Man, that photo really hit me hard.  I agree that these photos should be shown to every American to remind them exactly what we're fighting for.  

*edited to remove inflamatory rhetoric - thanks for reminding me Balzac*
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#11]
One simple courtesy please, no fighting on this thread please.  Its not about us bickering, its about her and how we'll remember till the day we die.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Right now, for most, WTC is "a horrible event".
View Quote

What I am sick of hearing is that Sept. 11 was a "tragedy."

It wasn't no friggen tragedy - it was an act of war, and murder.

What is a "tragedy" is that there's people out there who think military budgets should be cut, that we should look to the UN for guidance, etc.

Tragedy, or maybe treason.

I am ready, and I await the fecal impact.
View Quote

The facal impact on the air movement accelerator????

[:D]

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Was she found on that day or in the days afterward?

All we ever heard was that there were "no remains to be found" at the site and I thought, "maybe it will be easier for the rescuers not to see this kind of thing". Boy were "they" wrong.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:36:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

All we ever heard was that there were "no remains to be found" at the site and I thought, "maybe it will be easier for the rescuers not to see this kind of thing". Boy were "they" wrong.
View Quote

Yes they were many "remains" found..
they are pictures flowing around with NYPD trucks carrying 50 gallon barrals draped with American Flags.. Body parts were inside the barrals..

Today remains from 5 diffrent people  that to this day have not be indentifed/claimed will be buried in a single casket in a memorial to the unknown victims.

So yes.. "they" were wrong..
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:44:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#16]
[b][red]This morning, I was listening to the re-transmission of Howard Stern's SEPT 11, 2001 radio program while simultaneously watching FOX news. I found myself angry, scared, frustrated, shivering and in tears, with ANGER taking the front seat.

I believe that we need to be reminded about that day; about the cowardice of [black]the stinking rats that did this to that lady in the picture,[/black] and the rest of the people that were MURDERED. I will be hard-pressed to forgive those fucking bastard animals.

I believe I will carry the grudge to my grave, probably beyond.

May our God forgive me for the anger I felt then and now, and the rest of my life.  May our God watch over our country, our families, our friends, our military and the members of this board.  When we bring justice to them may our God guide us to the path that shows how we may destroy with impunity, precision, and skill, those that wish all of us harm.  And when destroyed, may those enemies burn in the hottest fires of whatever hell they crawled out from under, forever.

Finally, may our God preserve our eyesights and our trigger fingers, that when the enemy once again invades our homeland, that we may aim true and hit our targets, and knock them down. And may an American be the last image they gaze upon as they feel the warmth of his spit hitting their skin.[/b][/red]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the dose of reality.

I feel more people need to see this, so with your permission, could I copy it (giving credit of course) and send it to some of the people I know who feel this was "all a big accident"?
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#18]
If you are going to send this picture out to others, please tell them not to then forward it on.  I don't want this becoming something commercial.  Keep it small and tell them it ends with them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Yesterday on the Inspirational Channel they were interviewing a FDNY Chief whom had lost his son(cannot recall his name but have heard him before). Him and his other son went to ground zero everyday looking for their son-brother and others. The body was not found until December. He recieved the phone call about midnight one evening that the remains were found so hurried down to the site. He stated they had the body in the basket with the flag draped over it. As he walked up another chief that he knew came up and put his hand on his shoulder and said "We found him, we have found ALL of him". He stated why this statement had meaning. Of the 2800+ who died only 293 bodies were found intack.

When you here that they have 19,000 body parts it brings a sickness to you even if you knew none of them. It is so very sad that so many families have no body or only a few parts of their loved ones. Pretty hard to have closure and not to hate for some of these families.

I pray for these families and have found it difficult to not hate ALL people from this part of the world. Watching the ceremonies today is not easy. God give us the tools to find those responsible.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#20]
This is something very hard for me to say, which is why I'm glad this forum is here for me to vent.  

I didn't see any bodies with heads.

To this day, I'm terrified of this fact.  I always felt there was an evil at ground zero and the lack of heads made me believe that the devil or some evil creature was there taking the heads.  

I saw bodies hanging upside down, in similar condition to this one, except impaled through the leg with iron or another one under rubble before I couldn't stay there anymore.  

I don't know if its just because the head is difficult to keep intact with the body or what, but I'd like to know whether heads were found, it still bothers me that I don't know.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Balzac,

Having cleaned up after the crash of a DC-10, I too saw the same thing. There has to be something about large impacts that causes this. It's very unsettling and one of the most difficult things for me to get past. This is why I made the comment about hoping there were not remains for you all to clean up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Balzac,

This thread is VERY graphic. Thank you for the wake up call. THIS is what ALL Americans need to see. Just the fact that the news stopped showing people falling out of the buildings is leaning towards PC. How can you edit reality?

Balzac, I am sure the visual experience you have gone through has you scarred for life, My thoughts and prayers are with you.

[sad]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I have my Dad's WWII wrist ID bracelet with his dog tag #'s.  He said all his friends had them made because it was common to get a head injury that removed your dogtags and left your body unidentifiable.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck 'em, we should have nuked that shithole and wiped every last one of them from the face of the earth.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#26]
It is good thing that I don't have my way with the war against the terrorists. It would be [b][red]"TAKE NO PRISONERS," "SHOOT THE WOUNDED."[/b][/red]

Bill
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Unfortunately, this IS reality.

This is what the Jihad Rag-heads want for each and every one of us.  Then they will dance and laugh and "praise Allah".

Smoke 'em.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#28]
A gruesome reminder of what really happens when innocent people are murdered.......just because.[:(]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is something very hard for me to say, which is why I'm glad this forum is here for me to vent.  

I didn't see any bodies with heads.
View Quote

I noticed that as soon as I saw the photo the first time. I had wanted to ask you, but I thought I'd just be stirring a very bitter pot.

You have my admiration Balzac, even if you are 10 years younger than me (you little shit!).

P.S. - Any word from Liberty76 on posting the others?
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It is good thing that I don't have my way with the war against the terrorists. It would be [b][red]"TAKE NO PRISONERS," "SHOOT THE WOUNDED."[/b][/red]

Bill
View Quote

No. Behead the little bastards like they enjoy doing to others. Save that bullet for the next terrorist son-of-a-bitch-and-a-billy-goat that has the bad sense to stick his turban over a rock.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I get a sick feeling every time I think about the events that took place one year ago.  I can't even fathom being able to take so many innocent lives with no regret or remorse.

I pray that we all are able to remember those we lost on the longest day I have ever experienced.  I also pray for the disturbed individuals who feel they can gain "something" from murdering innocent people.

The world is a very difficult place.  We all must have hope that someday peace will reign.

Sending love to all. Praying for those who need it most.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#33]
I grew up harvesting animals all my life. My blood went cold on that one! Then slowly moved to a boil.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#34]
FOR THOSE THAT HAVEN'T SEEN THEM YET, HERE ARE A COUPLE I SENT TO HIM:

[red][size=5] [URL]www.muyfa.com/matthewbutch/Pictures/wtc/[/URL][/size=5] [/red]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think for too many people, what happened in NYC is an abstract thing, too far away and too far removed from the rest of the country.  Everyone should see photos of the victims, not as they lived but as they died, to make the terror of that day a reality, instead of just a list of numbers and names.  

Never forgive, never forget.  For the woman in that picture and the thousands others like her.
View Quote

I couldn't have said it better. I don't necessarily find the picture 'graphic', as much as honest. The US media is always squeamish about showing 'honest' pictures. Were are all the photo exhibits of the bodies, the body bags and the barrels of parts?? That's what we need to be reminded of. If I had perished in the attack, I would want my death to be a rallying point for the ANGER of this nation. Show what the reality of the attack was- the carnage of the aftermath. These pussy news outlets are reluctant to show a pool of blood on the nightly news.
(the comments are made with all due respect to those who gave on 09.11.01)
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, it has been one year today. The media wants to get ratings by trying to produce the slickest gut-wrenching portrayal of those events. Every story that can be found about
how some little girl in New York still asks her mommy every day " When is daddy coming home?" will be told and retold over and over again.

I agree we should all remember this day. We should honor our dead, and salute the heroes.
What we SHOULD NOT do, is take part in a huge pity party. I am way past tears. Balzac's picture and the memories of this day should have every American shaking with rage.
It is time for payback. I want to see Osama's head on a pike in the White House lawn. I want justice. I want the US to make an example of all the cowards that are responsible for terrorism in this world. I want to avenge the fallen brothers and sisters from September 11,
and I want the world to to know that the American people can be stirred to a fury that no nation can match. We are the same people that kicked the shit out of Japan and Germany in World War 2, and I think it is time the world terror organizations get a wake-up call.

Thank you for posting the pic, and thank you for having this forum for me to vent.God bless America.

Herman Snerd
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
FOR THOSE THAT HAVEN'T SEEN THEM YET, HERE ARE A COUPLE I SENT TO HIM:

[red][size=5] [URL]www.muyfa.com/matthewbutch/Pictures/wtc/[/URL][/size=5] [/red]
View Quote

It might be a bit much to ask, but could you caption them for us?

*edited to say: Go to that link. These pics are quality. You could publish these man.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
[b][red] And may we be the last image they gaze upon as they feel the warmth of our spit hitting their skin.[/b][/red]
View Quote

You, sir, are a master wordsmith.

I second the motion.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Balzac- thanks for sharing the pics.  America needs to see these (and others).  

Personally, I don't need any more motivation or reminders to want to go kick some ass.  My shock has vanished, I'm done crying (almost), and my anger has become an extremely focused seething rage.  Some of you combat vets know what I'm talking about.  Then again so may many others.

God Bless America!!

On the lighter side:

Balzac, please post your phone number.  I injured my neck trying to view photo #22 and my attorney would like to speak with you!! [:O)]

Edited trying to get the damn clown right!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Thank you very much for the picture.  It's nice to have the perspective that it gives after the sanitized reality that has been portrayed by the media.  I can't BELIEVE how much different this picture portrays the reality of ground zero than what the media brings us.  It's shocking.  Here in the midwest all I saw on t.v. were big piles of rubble.  Sure there was talk about body counts and all, but no images.  Nothing to pound home the reality of the situation.  It's easy not to care about piles of rubble, but hard to ignore dead bodies of people like you and me.  I wish more people could see these pictures.  I wish I could see these on t.v.  

Thanks for the reality check.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#42]
ilikelegs,
Where can I buy one of those Mecca Incinerators?  Ebay maybe?? I'll throw in $1K.

Edited to add:

Heliflyer,
We call that sanitizing the area.  Gotta be squeaky clean, dontcha know.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#43]
I think your right when the picture was first posted I was in a different state. It is time to really see what it was like. The news sanitized it to much and only show the buildings and people running, digging or the dust and fires.
It's time to see what I saw the first day and what all these other guts say for the last 11 months. Imagine having to go home after that. Look at your wife, kids or girlfriend. To shut your eyes and relive it.
Balzac72...What you did deserves special attention...I need to see those pictures at the LI Shoot. What you wrote today about what you did needs to also be talked about. YOU are going to start having many emotions that we talked about in the E-Mail.
It's time for both of us to sit down and talk either before or at the LI Shoot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Thank you Balzac.  We need that - every day until America's collective anger demands justice!

To those of you that suffered there dealing with this horror, THANK YOU!

To those dead and injured I can only ask God to take care of them.  I pray their suffering was not in vain.

Good pictures.  Please help people understand by seeing them.

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Balzac72, thank you very much for sharing the picture with us.

Today, because it was first anniversary of 9/11, our professor kindly let us talk about all this terrorist/mid-east crap instead of giving lectures about history. Then, there was a question that "Did 9/11 affect your life?". To say honestly, I said to myself "No because I didn't have first-hand experience." I know I shouldn't be saying this but, as someone mentioned, a picture is worth a thousand words. All these pictures on media were either censored or taken after the parts of bodies were covered by American flags.

Again, thank you for reminding me the reality.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, 9/11 take two is over and without any American bloodshed.  For this, I'm truly happy.

Many of you mentioned that you are almost done crying, that you've vented or found an outlet.  I've done none of the above.  I've had family members die, pets die, my girlfriend break up with me and various assorted shit, yet I've felt nothing about this.  The day will come when I get it out, but this is my start.  You guys are truly a bunch of remarkable men and women, which is why I shared my stuff here.

To let you know about my night tonight, I went to ground zero with Graham Morrison, a photographer who I showed around ground zero last year.  Afterwards, we went to a bar with a bunch (35) of other photographers that live in NY.  Of the 35 of us there, 4 were at GZ that day and one was with us in spirit, he was killed when the Father was killed. (Not sure of his name.)  He was crushed though, but his remains were recovered.

Graham and I were absent from the initial crashes and falls, as you probably gathered from the story.  Gary was there, except he was trapped when #1 came down on him and he ran into a garage to avoid death.  He made it.  He's also a war junkie, he's been to Croatia, Bosnia and WTC marks his 3rd war.  He's had guns pointed to his temple, bullets wiz by his face, beatings and robbings, but he said nothing effected him like 9/11. He's still in recovery.  The other one at ground zero was a woman, whom I didn't get her name.  However, she was briefly with James Nachtway, before he got to ground zero.  She stayed away and has been able to live and love like a normal person.

I hope one day I'll feel again.  I hope there will be an event to trigger the emotions, whether rage, fear or something inbetween.  Till then, all I can do is talk about it with a remoteness that I can't explain, except that I feel as though it was a life I lived before I turned into the person I am today.  

My mother thought I brought home ghosts after 9/11 that first weekend I left the city.  Sometimes I feel as though they are still with me giving me strength.  I know it sounds stupid, but its one of the only things I can think of that I can be drawing my fortitude from.  Otherwise, I don't think I'd be able to sit through any 9/11 speech or commercial.  Like I've said before, the only thing that affects me is that I picture the people in the building or Marc in #7 and the tragedy becomes a face again.  The faces haven't completely hit me yet, but my mind tries to take me down that road.  Anyway, Graham and I relived our encounter down there and even though we haven't talked in over 9 months, the bond we formed at ground zero is the most valuable thing I'll walk away from there with.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Balzak, what was your function there?  Professional photographer, safety forces, other?

I can not imagine the hell this has been for you.  I might say, don't give in to the rat bastards that did this - your pain is what they live for.  Don't give them the satisfaction!!  Only by our strength of spirit and resolve for justice can we achieve victory over such maniacs.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Balzac, you leave me almost at a loss for words. You have really shared a lot with here, especially today.  I hope sharing your stories and your pictures helps you to move forward.
I know it has helped me.
Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#49]
WHEN IT WAS ALL GOING DOWN ON SEPT. 11 I CALLED MY NEIGHBORE BECAUSE I ALWAYS LOOKED UP TO HIM BECAUSE HE WAS AS TOUGH AS NAILS AND HARDCORE ABOUT VIOLENCE. WHEN I CALLED HIM I SAID ARE YOU SEEING THIS SHIT HE SAID YES AND SAID LOGAN BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING ELSE LETS RECITE THE LORDS PRAYER TOGETHER, AND I CRIED WITH HIM RECITING THE WHOLE PRAYER.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#50]
I think more of the pics of human carnage from this attack should be posted and shared elsewhere, not just images of ruble.  That's the first one I've seen.  REALLY makes it hit home.  I can't imagine being in the building and dying like those people did.  I was watching TV that whole day and the images that brought tears to my eyes where the people falling/jumping from the towers.  I can't believe/image the horror...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top