Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2002 6:21:01 PM EDT
Today is my 8th wedding anniversary. By chance it is also my inlaws anniversary. My wife and I took them to dinner with us tonight at one of those "Japanese" steak houses where they cook the chow while you watch. Also seated at the table is a 20 something woman with her 1 year old daughter and the woman's mother. Through polite conversation we learn that the child and 20 something are visiting from Phoenix Az. In the middle of conversation the 20 something whips out her tittie and starts feeding her daughter. Grandma is very uncomfortable and apologizes to her daughter for being embarrassed. She explains to the rude piece of white trash that "after all this is the mid west". As if Phoenix Arizona is so much more cosmopolitan. I don't really care so much if a woman breast feeds her child in public. But when she is seated at a table with complete strangers whom she knows are trying to enjoy a special occasion well, that's a pretty good indicator that she is a rude, inconsiderate piece of white trash. Am I too uptight or was this inappropriate behavior. I have a 3 year old daughter and my wife would have never considered imposing on complete strangers in such a way.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I too don't think there is anything wrong with breastfeeding in public, but Jezus-tapdancing-Christ, have a little decorum!
She should have excused herself to a more suitable location.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Did she cover her breast?  If so then she did nothing rude or unusual.  Breasts feeding is 100% natural, get over it.

Besides...it's just a tit!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Hum,

Poor taste, perhaps, but "White Trash"?  A bit harsh, I think.  I doubt what she did was directed at personally ruining your dinner.  I'm sure that is what it felt like, however.

My wife breastfed both our kids, and would have never done what you described.  However, she might have left the table to go to a more discrete location (perhaps a changing room, our lounge).
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Everything after "tittie" was a blur.
View Quote

LOL LOL LOL ... ditto! LOL
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Cut the bullshit. You guys know damn well you would all breastfeed in public given the chance regardless of who was watching. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Ummm..Ok. I really don't see a problem with a woman breastfeeding in publc. It is how the shit monkeys eat. Since that was a restaurant, I believe that would make it the proper venue to consume foodstuffs, solid or liquid. Some of us find the sight of a woman breastfeeding to be rather touching and/or comforting on a visceral level. What exactly was the discomfort caused by this action? It neither picked your pocket nor broke your leg. Was the breast an unsightly one, leaving you unfufilled somehow? Did Mommy scream "Yeah! Oh yeah! Work that nipple!" over and over while quaking in ectasy? I really don't see the problem here, it is a perfectly natural and normal act that could not possibly give offense to my way of thinking. There is a heck of a lot more hotter action on Baywatch, etc. Do you find that sort of thing revolting? I am genuinely curious as to your reasoning. Pray tell.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#8]
You dope, whats the problem, see something more interesting than what was on the menu ???
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Well maybe I'm just a prude. But to me private parts are private parts regardless of their intended function.
Hey Bounyhunter, did I ever tell you that you are full of shit?
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Besides...it's just a tit!!
View Quote

Sorry, I'm really confused by this...

Just ... a tit ?

Just a ... tit ?

Sir, I've milked livestock, and I've never looked at a woman's breast and felt that it was "just a tit".  [:D]

But I definitely agree that it's nothing to get one's panties in a bunch (so to speak) over.  The kid's gotta eat, too!
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Did she at least offer you some??
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#12]
not at the dinner table.

One time, on a airplane......suckle, suckle, suckle......Made me a bit uncomfortable.

I've milked livestock also, it was a teat, titties are on human women.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#13]
[homer] MMMMMmmmm.... BREASTfeeding.... [/homer]

[:d]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Where do I sign up?
I could use a snack.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I once had a woman bf right in church, in the middle of a service, right in front of me.

Sorry, but that's a bit of a distraction.

Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Today is my 8th wedding anniversary. By chance it is also my inlaws anniversary. My wife and I took them to dinner with us tonight at one of those "Japanese" steak houses where they cook the chow while you watch. Also seated at the table is a 20 something woman with her 1 year old daughter and the woman's mother. Through polite conversation we learn that the child and 20 something are visiting from Phoenix Az. In the middle of conversation the 20 something whips out her tittie and starts feeding her daughter. Grandma is very uncomfortable and apologizes to her daughter for being embarrassed. She explains to the rude piece of white trash that "after all this is the mid west". As if Phoenix Arizona is so much more cosmopolitan. I don't really care so much if a woman breast feeds her child in public. But when she is seated at a table with complete strangers whom she knows are trying to enjoy a special occasion well, that's a pretty good indicator that she is a rude, inconsiderate piece of white trash. Am I too uptight or was this inappropriate behavior. I have a 3 year old daughter and my wife would have never considered imposing on complete strangers in such a way.
View Quote

i know what you mean, i saw a rude inconsiderate shitskin cow breast feeding on the bus in milwaukee, right in front of strangers she knows very well were trying to enjoy a bus ride. imagine that
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well maybe I'm just a prude. But to me private parts are private parts regardless of their intended function.
Hey Bounyhunter, did I ever tell you that you are full of shit?
View Quote
Well least I am not a fleet manager, you goof.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#19]
yes, mandated...now where did I put that package of double-stuff oreos?
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
not at the dinner table.
View Quote

My point exactly. Maybe it just takes a person with the vision to see the true art form that was the A-Team to understand where I'm coming from. No deep seated psycho-hang ups here just asking for a little respect for the people around you. If she was at her own table no problem but she was sharing a table with complete strangers. I admit,"white trash" was a uncalled for but I was teetering(no pun intended) on the edge of a good rant.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bountyhunter and Sukebe, I know this stuff goes back a ways, but please take the personal stuff offline.  IM's work nice for insults.  Trust me.
View Quote

Come on Beekeeper I didn't "say" he was I just asked if I ever did.[;)]. Serously though, messege received loud and clear.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Dude. It's your 8th Wedding Anniversary? Do you want a 9th?

WTF are you doing online with us?

Keep this up and you won't get any without buying diamonds. Don't ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I agree with Sgtar15.  IMHO you way over reacted to what is a natural event that should be encouraged.  I'll bet the baby was quiet and did not disturb the gathering at all, unlike some poor kid with a big air bubble or unhappy about a cold bottle.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I just had a great visual of Jim Carrey in
'Me Myself and Irene'

ARH
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
not at the dinner table.
View Quote

My point exactly. Maybe it just takes a person with the vision to see the true art form that was the A-Team to understand where I'm coming from.
View Quote

LOL, the only vision there is that I found the A-team pic comical.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#28]
This has been a good laugh after watching a 9-11 special. Thanks. Ever see "Me, Myself, and Irene"? He knew how to take care of public breastfeeding.  I'm still cracking up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Breast milk is the greatest gift a Mother could ever give her child, it has been proven that children who have been breast fed are healthier than bottled fomula babies.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#30]
I would have asked the waiter for a tall glass and some Nestle's Chocolate Quick for a after dinner treat!
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I personally don't have any problem with breastfeeding in public.  My wife still refuses to let me though.[:(]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Well personally, I think we need a law to ban carrying breasts in public.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#34]
IMO, if she doesnn't care if I stare then go right ahead.

Seriously though, I don't have a problem with breast feeding in public, but..... covering one's self is the best way to do it, my wife carried a light piece of linen, almost like a cheese cloth, that she covered herself with. She breast fed in public when privacy wasn't avalible, just covered. And we never had any one give us a dirty look, or any one look uncomfortable.

Taking a piss is natural and healthy, but I don't just whip it out in public. Sex is natural and healthy between a man and a woman, but...... you get my drift.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Um, so?

It's a personal thing for me.  You see, I was born with two teeth.  Breastfeeding was not an option for me (and big honkers run in the females in my family, dammit!)

I don't have a problem with a woman whipping one out and feeding her kid - but don't get bent if you don't cover it up and I enjoy the view.  I was a bottle baby, and I have therefore been looking at tits and admiring them ever since...

FFZ
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#36]
[red][/red]  Kar98, you probably know better.  If not, you do now--no nudity.  Period.  Thanks.

[i]See if I ever try to do you a favor.[/i]

Well, hell. Are we prudish or what?
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Everything after "tittie" was a blur.
View Quote

You dick! I was thinking the same thing and now there's coffee on my keyboard!

I remember in college the liberal psyche major chicks with kids (single moms) used to breast feed sitting in the hallway waiting for the instructor to unlock the door. Fond memories indeed.

From my point of view, it is a distraction because I'll be spending so much time trying to sneak tittie peeks that I will either not enjoy my meal or I will not pay attention to my dinner companion(s), either of which is not a good thing.

As far as breast feeding in public, if she's young and cute, fine. If she's some nasty African with floppy disks for titties, I would prefer not to see it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I would say you are a hypocritical prude. After all you and the rest of your party were eating in public, why can't the kit eat in public? That's what it is eating eating eating nothing more nothing less.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm okay with attractive mothers breast feeding in public.  But not the ugly ones.

So long as their comfortable with everyone looking at them funny, whatever...it rarely happens so on the blue moon that it DOES happen, I'll deal with it.  I've seen worse things than a M.I.A. 'Mammary-In-Action'  (acronym that never caught on).

Seriously though and all joking aside, where's my bag of oreos?[:D]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#40]
This was a "special occasion" and you took your in-laws to a restaurant where you knew you would be sharing a table with strangers?
And you think she has no class?
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#41]
As long as I can get hooked up on that second unit, all's fine with me.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This was a "special occasion" and you took your in-laws to a restaurant where you knew you would be sharing a table with strangers?
And you think she has no class?
View Quote

I saw that exact same situation on Jerry Springer.

'Transexual Exhibitionist Breast-Feeding Womenz'
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#43]
you were just jealous....
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Having spent my 20's in an underpaid unappreciated profession...teaching...my immediate response would have been to ask, "excuse me miss did you bring enough to share with everyone?"  
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#45]
[img]http://www.breastfeeding.com/advocacy/advocacy_images/advocacy_cartoon2_frt.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Did you get wood? i would have[:D]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#47]
if she was hot, whipped both puppies out, and flashed ass, i wouldnt have minded. i think there should be a rule or something. hmm..let me write my congressman.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#48]
I certainly don't mind it in public and the bigger the dispensers the better![;)]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Ahhhhhhh, this topic takes me back many years, to a time when our children were small, and the scenery around the house was absolutely fantastic.

Not a thing wrong with breast feeding in public. I will agree that most women are at least a little modest about it; but what do you think those things were invented for, anyway?

NMSight
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Ok......

Basicly I have no problem with it. That said, I think covering the child and the breast to the shoulder with a recieving blanket would be the proper thing to do.

Why?

Hell I'd sit entranced at the scene.... Not at the tittie, but at the natural, beautiful act.

That is not what I went to the restaurant for.

My In-laws might be a bit put off by my sudden distraction.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top