Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2002 5:40:48 AM EDT
From the interview....
Lauer suggested Heston should change his views: "Have you ever gotten up one morning, read the newspaper or seen the news about a particularly horrific crime or event that involved a shooting and thought even for a second, I may be on the wrong side of this issue?" Heston: "No I never felt that." Lauer: "Never wavered?" Heston: "No. Again I'm on the side of the men who invented the country. They believed in the Second Amendment and I believe in it too."
View Quote
Too often we give weak responses. I think we need to be more satirical, biting in our responses. THIS would have been MY answer for Lauer - "Well, when you got up in the morning, and read in the newspaper about that car that was used to intentionally crash thru a daycare fence and kill several children, did you find yourself on the wrong side of the car ownership issue????" I hope Hestons replacement comes equipped with a set of stones.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:39:03 AM EDT
One of the things I've always liked about Heston was the fact that he remained dignified and reasonable in the face of those insane, liberal, no-longer-able-to-break-wind critics. He has lent his considerable reputation to the 2nd amendment cause, and for that we should be thankful. Now, if Stormin' Norman replaces him, we'll see some fireworks. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:44:03 AM EDT
I thank Mr Heston for his work with the NRA on behalf of us all. He's a class act. As for a replacement, I say we vote the Nudge in. Talk about fireworks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:47:04 AM EDT
NO DOUBT Heston ahs made the NRA into a viable political force, and I'm ETERNALLY grateful for that. But I think now its time to use our 4 million pound (member) hammer to get some work done
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:02:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ipschoser1: I thank Mr Heston for his work with the NRA on behalf of us all. He's a class act. As for a replacement, I say we vote the Nudge in. Talk about fireworks.
View Quote
Guns, God and Rock and Roll. He has my vote
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:24:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:24:58 AM EDT
I rented The Omega Man last Friday. Pretty cool movie, and still relevant today. Especially if you look at it as an allegory of Western and Islamic civilization [:D]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:31:09 AM EDT
heston is good but even he has trangressed by the "who needs an ak47" comment
Top Top