Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2002 4:22:42 PM EDT
I'm finally getting a chance to get back on the boards. I know a lot of you have emails and IMs pending for me and I'm sorry I haven't gotten back with you but I've been in the biggest mess.

My wife left about a month ago and we've barely been on speaking terms, well the other evening I went home from the shop and when I got there I found out she had broken in and stolen most of my furniture! I don't even have a bed now! The sad part is all of our furniture came from an inheritance from my mother's passing away so it is considered separate property, but that didn't stop her from taking it.

I've been trying to get things lined out and get some if not all of my stuff back, in doing this I haven't been around my shop very much let alone able to check my emails and take care of things the way they should be.

Those of you that are waiting to here from me I'll get back to you in short order please understand my situation and bear with me.

I hope I get this mess cleared up soon for everyone involved, not just me. But damn it, I don't even have a bed anymore (bitch), and a 6' couch just doesn't fit a 6'2" me very well.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Hang tough Jake.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully you didn't have any kids with that WITCH. Hang in there man.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#6]
BIOTCH
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Hang in there, stay cool.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]
when I got there I found out she had broken in and stolen most of my furniture!
View Quote

I just don't understand why, otherwise nice girls, do things like that during and after a divorce.  I saw my nice little niece, someone who I had never heard tell a lie even though I kept her for four hours after school for several years(!), lie to a judge during her divorce.  After getting more money in alimony and child support per year than her husband makes(how's he supposed to live?), taking his parent's house (they died after they separated), their condo, both cars, his gun collection (which she gave away), his collection of antique records ("but I need to sell them to make money to live off of," she said), and leaving him with only one weekend a year of visitation, she then stole a car that her x-husband's brother had given to him.  Her x-husband didn't call the police, because he didn't want his son's mother to be put in jail.  She refers to his new wife as (excuse the language) "the slut" even though she was the one that left him for someone else!  I've never heard her use language like that except when describing the new wife.  She's a nice person when it comes to everything except her divorce.  I just don't understand!z
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The above is reason #7134 why I ain't gettin' married.......

1GR
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Jake, one day at a time. Not the whole mess at once. And when you get straightened out, I'm still in need of a post band colt lower lol
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#11]
if she doesnt have court orders.. call the cops. call you lawyer.  hang in there.. I'm goin thru the same sh!t my friend!
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Good luck,amigo.
AB
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#13]
It never ceases to amaze me the depth of hate between former lovers!  I know - I have been there, done that!

Call your lawyer and the cops.  Buy a good cot and a a bottle of your favorite hooch.  Get on your favorite website, kick back and put this nitemare out of your mind for a while.  It too will pass.  In the mean time, find a little peace where you can, talk to friends and move on, hard as it may be.

Best wishes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the support guys. My lawyer called me at around 930 tonight and told me we have a hearing in the morning to possibly get a warrant en detinue for my stuff. Been trying to cool off but this just kinda pisses me off, the woman didn't even leave me a fucking pillow or a blanket.

BTW those of you that have orders in will still get your stuff on time. Those who were needing quotes I'll get them soon, you may need to remind me if you don't see them by Thursday or so.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Jeez,sorry to here that man.I hope things work out for ya.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just don't understand why, otherwise nice girls, do things like that during and after a divorce.  I saw my nice little niece, someone who I had never heard tell a lie even though I kept her for four hours after school for several years(!), lie to a judge during her divorce.  After getting more money in alimony and child support per year than her husband makes(how's he supposed to live?), taking his parent's house (they died after they separated), their condo, both cars, his gun collection (which she gave away), his collection of antique records ("but I need to sell them to make money to live off of," she said), and leaving him with only one weekend a year of visitation, she then stole a car that her x-husband's brother had given to him.  Her x-husband didn't call the police, because he didn't want his son's mother to be put in jail.  She refers to his new wife as (excuse the language) "the slut" even though she was the one that left him for someone else!  I've never heard her use language like that except when describing the new wife.  She's a nice person when it comes to everything except her divorce.  I just don't understand!z
View Quote

Some women are spiteful, & persist in such acts because the courts grant them wide latitude, presuming that men are the devil's spawn. Women, aren't associated w/ acts of manipulation & deception often enough. Sadly, it happens a lot, in varying degrees. Basically, the law views women as the "powerless", & men as the "empowered". Movements are afoot, but it's an uphill struggle.

I'm not trying to flame women generally, but there is definitely a vicious segment among them. I've seen the characteristic many times. Some good lawyering & legal documentation supporting your case (to reclaim your goods) is definitewly in order, if for no other reason than to teach her a [i]karmic[/i] lesson. Fair warning - she'll probably destroy your property if she thinks she'll lose it to you. Very typical.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:33:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I gots me a shooting iron that'll fix that whench,wanna borrow it?,........ I have'nt met one yet that ain't a ho of one sort or another!......REALLY!..[:|]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Just a few words of advice;
-Get and CARRY a personal voice recorder on you at all times.  Every time you are in her presence, switch the thing on.  If your state laws require it, inform her that you are taping the conversation(s).  The reason is simple; do not place yourself in a position where she can claim any form of spousal abuse or any threats.  Having a record of conversations is important.
-Never meet in private.  Always use a public place where there are plenty of witnesses to confirm your story.
-If you're going to get a divorce, only meet (if possible) with lawyers present.  She can claim anything she wants, but misstatements by a lawyer could be a felony.
-Make a list of what is yours and have it presented to her by a lawyer.  Getting this stuff on record is important, because you may never see it again.

Good luck. Keep you head high, and don't drive yourself into depression through self-pity or by obsessing on this.  Keep working.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#20]
A good wife can make you reach the stars and a bad one can make you ill,I guess I got one of the good ones and I thank God for that each day.
I told my wife a long time ago if for any reason we ever spit that all I wanted was enough money for a Harley and some road money and she could have all the rest.
I stick to that to this day,I would not want the bed we slept in or any thing else,just a Harley a road map to Alaska and just enough money to eat with until I got back on my feet.
Damn I hope I never have to take that ride under those circumstances.

Good luck to you ,and hang in there it always gets better with a little time between you and that bed thief you married.

Oh yeah ,she's a BITCH !
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 7:19:38 AM EDT
[#21]
GSG9,

We've traded some IMs about a purchase I'd like to make.  If you need to, I can send you the cash right now, and whenever the rifle comes in, I'll arrange pick up.  I know that it's on backorder, so you can have free use of the cash until it come in.  Hope this helps.  Please advise.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#22]
FAT MAN, Thanks for the offer but I am pretty good for cash right now. I've been doing a lot of exports and make a dime or two at that its just a hell of a shock to go home and not have a place to sleep....

Went to court this morning and found out I can't get my stuff back until our divorce comes through do to not having a judge seperate the property yet. Its a crock of shit if you ask me. Its my stuff, we may have used it during the marriage but its still mine it came through inheritance before we were married but I can't get it back for another four months.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Jake,

Change the locks right away before anything else disappears from your home (like your guns)!  It's for your safety, really, if she has some "friend" come by to "pick up" some stuff while you're not there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 4:37:44 AM EDT
[#25]
If you have any family heirlooms that you had before the marriage, relocate them immediately. Anything purchased after the marriage is community property. Don't bother calling the police, they can't do anything that isn't specified on paper from the court. Even then,it's a civil matter which must be taken care of by the Sheriff's Dept, not the local PD. Keep your cool and be glad you're rid of the bitch. DON'T get all crazy, remember that you can still be arrested for domestic violence even if you don't live together anymore....
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:38:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Some women are spiteful, & persist in such acts because the courts grant them wide latitude, presuming that men are the devil's spawn. Women, aren't associated w/ acts of manipulation & deception often enough. Sadly, it happens a lot, in varying degrees. Basically, the law views women as the "powerless", & men as the "empowered". Movements are afoot, but it's an uphill struggle.

I'm not trying to flame women generally, but there is definitely a vicious segment among them. I've seen the characteristic many times. Some good lawyering & legal documentation supporting your case (to reclaim your goods) is definitewly in order, if for no other reason than to teach her a [i]karmic[/i] lesson. Fair warning - she'll probably destroy your property if she thinks she'll lose it to you. Very typical.
View Quote

if she goes for this it shows a "definite downward spiral into a criminal attitude." sue her for the damage, and anything else you can get away with. if she is going ot be a snake. be the king snake.

Note : I'm not a lawyer nor do i play on on TV. but so what? free advice is worth what you pid for it ;)

hope for the best GS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top