Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2002 8:10:43 AM EDT
I am confused about how to post a photo. I have reviewed past posts asking the same questions and I have reviewed the "how to" instructions, but I guess I still don't get it and I need help. Thx.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#2]
see, it's easy.  

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Max%5FPower%2Fnew50%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#3]
You also need to make sure the pictures are hosted. You can't simply upload them from your hard drive.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess that is where my hang up is. Any suggestions on a host I can use? I tried the www.hunting-pics.com as suggested on an earlier thread but I am unable to access such a site.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
msn has free photo hosting.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I guess that is where my hang up is. Any suggestions on a host I can use? I tried the www.hunting-pics.com as suggested on an earlier thread but I am unable to access such a site.
View Quote

Try [url]www.hunting-pictures.com[/url]

You were pretty close, though.  [;)]

Link Posted: 9/9/2002 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Just join AR15.com and host your pictures here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#8]
you can get a free geocities account and ftp them there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Hello. I'm having that trouble also and appreciate the advice. But I'm really having trouble making a "clickable link" show up. I'm glad I'm a better shooter than I am PC operator and typist. I couldn't even get set up at Hunting Pics.com either. I must be really #!@&.

Link Posted: 9/9/2002 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#10]
It's because you started with url and ended with img.

[url]www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=dfortune&album_id=97521&image_id=0&courtesy=1[/url]

[img]www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=dfortune&album_id=97521&image_id=0&courtesy=1[/img]

But your url link is no good anyway. Do you have privacy settings on your photo album?
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks SteyrAUG. I'll see if the albumn has that and try to edit again. You Guys are GREAT!
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Heres a tip, first try the URL in the browsers window to see if it will work away from your hosting website.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, no it won't.
[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=dfortune&album_id=97521&image_id=0&courtesy=1 [/img]

This is my 1924 Transitional Model Colt of which 10,000 were made. Beginning of the 1911A1's.

I don't have a clue what I did that time, but it worked. It must be true that God looks out for fools and drunks.

I'm trying a url site now for where I work.
[url]www.VirginiaDOT.org[/url]

Here's a pic of one of my AR's.
[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=dfortune&album_id=97521&image_id=1&courtesy=1[/img]

Thanks SteyrAUG, I think I got it. Oh, by the way, your Scampi recipe sounds real good. I about hit the floor over what you call it. Will try it on wife, but I'll have to lay off the blood pressure pill that day. Thanks again, I owe you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Doesn't look like that site allows remote hosting. Probably need a new host.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought almost every ISP included some web space with your account. That's how I host my pics. I just have a simple directory.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#16]
My ISP, [url]www.ceva.net[/url] only offers unlimited internet and up to 5 mailboxes for $14.95 per month. It's only located 2 miles up the road and I can't connect faster than 28.8 no matter what, phone line. I am going to de hooking to a DirectWay dish in a couple of weeks and that will improve my transfer rates, but I don't have a clue as to what I'll do for email. Can you guys do some brainstorming and make some recommendations as far as pic hosting and email? I use email allot.
I'm located halfway between Lynchburg and Charlottesville Va. on US. 29 if it matters.

The FAQ mentions homepage space, this might as well be martian to me. Is that the same as what you are referring to?
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Become a member! You get e-mail and pic hosting.All for 5 bucks a month.
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/captainpooby%2Fweapons2%5F0015%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks. I am going to become a member just as soon as I change to DirectWay. My wife and daughter will also need email. Is there any way to add 2 extra mailboxes without them both becoming members for a little extra?

Also, I really wish to thank those of you who took the extra time and effort to help a stranger and newbie. I'll do my best to never let you down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top