Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for that great post Lord_Grey_Boots.  Nice research finding those quotes.

I just printed it out and showed it to three rabid anti-gun coworkers who spout that 40x quote like it's gospel.  The first reply I got was "that sounds like slickie(sic) boy stuff."  The next guy said "people who use statistics to try to prove something are all liars."  Finally, the third guy said "I know what I know."  Let's analyze these three.  The first guy doesn't like people smarter than him.  The second guy was too lazy to think about it and make-up his own mind.  The last guy was ignorant and wanted to remain that way.  I'm so glad these three are no longer carrying a badge and a gun.  I'm even more glad that they don't use computers and go to ar15.com so they won't see this reply [:)].z
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The closer it got to my lay-off date at 3M the more concerned my fellow workers were about my attemtps to get a new job. I saw more concern for my well being my last week than the entire year I worked there.

I got the "isn't your wife afraid you will go nuts and kill a bunch of people?". Got this crap from some engineer at 3M.

"Guns in planes are dangerous, the bullets will go right through the fuselage". This from a fellow engineer who doesn't know S**T about firearms or the ammo options for that kind of environment.

There is, of course the EXTREMELY tired cliche of assault/non-pc firearm=small genitalia connection. This is typically used by the anti-gun neophyte because they cannot defend their typically baseless arguments. So instead they attack with something you cannot effectively defend yourself from (especially if the crowd is a bunch of craven anti-gunners).That waste of skin bill maher said this cliche to the Nuge man during one of his shows.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Clips!

They go in a woman's hair.  

I guess the Tape in a VCR is on a Clip too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a guy in my Squadron in Oki that got NJPed 18 times for the same offense. The grunts would always tell him that the reason he flew was because he had a small dick. So to prove them wrong he'd whip it out. He was hung like a friggen horse. Usually shut them up, got him laid, and someone always complained (usually a Grunt with a tiny pecker)
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
how about: [b]The Second Amendment is not refering to [i]PEOPLE[/i] when it says "THE RIGHT OF THE [i]PEOPLE[/i]"...it's refering to the NATIONAL GUARD [/b]
[rolleyes]
View Quote

OK, I'll go along with that Supreme Court Decision. If those liberal idiots would read the WHOLE thing, they'd realize the reason a sawed off shotgun is not covered by the 2nd amendment is BECAUSE IT IS NOT IN USE CURRENTLY BY THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES!!!

(ie, the 2nd amendment protects my rights to own military hardware!!!)

I'll take my SAW and my M4 and my 37 mm, thank you very much!
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I somehow manage to avoid a lot of these idiots, but I heard this from my Speech Com teacher.

"You can bring a gun in to show the class how it works, but I don't want any of those....uh, ...AR...-16s."

Shit, I wish I had an AR-16. Bet that would be worth a lot.

I also always loved "Pistol grips are so you can fire full auto from the hip."
View Quote

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!   i am sure its a LEGP!  [rolleyes][whacko]
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for that great post Lord_Grey_Boots.  Nice research finding those quotes.

I just printed it out and showed it to three rabid anti-gun coworkers who spout that 40x quote like it's gospel.  The first reply I got was "that sounds like slickie(sic) boy stuff."  The next guy said "people who use statistics to try to prove something are all liars."  Finally, the third guy said "I know what I know."  Let's analyze these three.  The first guy doesn't like people smarter than him.  The second guy was too lazy to think about it and make-up his own mind.  The last guy was ignorant and wanted to remain that way.  I'm so glad these three are no longer carrying a badge and a gun.  I'm even more glad that they don't use computers and go to ar15.com so they won't see this reply [:)].z
View Quote

The funniest one is the second idiot. He tells you that guns are 40X more likely to kill someone you know (a statistic) and then he calls you a liar because you show him a different statistic? Classic idiot. Wish I was there so I could slap him.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[b]Spiff[/b], that statistic comes from the June 12, 1986 New England Journal Of Medicine, which reported that a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than kill a criminal .

However, what anti-gunners never mention is that this same data was analyzed in the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology in 1995, which concluded that a firearm kept in a home is at least 167 times more likely to deter criminal attack than to harm a person in the home.

Basically, it's a matter of drawing conclusions based on your expectations — anti-gunners tend to view guns as killing tools, and thus assume that death is the only logical outcome of any incident involving a firearm. Gun owners tend to view their weapons as deterrents, and thus also include prevented crimes as a benefit.
View Quote

I agree..... conclusions can be drawn up on any data...

I have, in my hand, as I type, a book tittled "How to Lie with Statistics"; copyright date 1954.  Been a while since I looked at it, but covers "tricks".....

Any thing can be "doctored"......

Link Posted: 9/9/2002 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"I hope you don't accidentally shoot one of your kids with your guns."  -Said to me in a restaurant because I was wearing a BRC t-shirt.

Well no shit.  Hope your kids aren't raped and strangled while you're waiting for the police to get there.  Moron. [pissed]
View Quote

BRC?
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#11]
"The Libertarians are anti-gun"

That was posted here by an anti-gun DU troll from Indiana named Patrick D. "Mullethead" Graham. What a moron.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#12]
This one is sure to piss you off!!!

Co-worker tells me that "They shouldn't ban firearms, just the firing pins should be held at the police station. If you want to go shooting you must sign it out, use it and then turn it back in when you are done"

Whe 'firing pins' are classified as 'library books' then maybe... just maybe...

...NAH nevermind, Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:10:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There is, of course the EXTREMELY tired cliche of assault/non-pc firearm=small genitalia connection. This is typically used by the anti-gun neophyte because they cannot defend their typically baseless arguments. So instead they attack with something you cannot effectively defend yourself from (especially if the crowd is a bunch of craven anti-gunners).That waste of skin bill maher said this cliche to the Nuge man during one of his shows.
View Quote

In General Introduction to Psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud states: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

Tell them to go home and ponder that.
tony
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:19:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"I hope you don't accidentally shoot one of your kids with your guns."  -Said to me in a restaurant because I was wearing a BRC t-shirt.

Well no shit.  Hope your kids aren't raped and strangled while you're waiting for the police to get there.  Moron. [pissed]
View Quote

BRC?
View Quote

Black Rifle Convention...
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#15]
This is what I think of most stupid people (anti's and so forth)....    [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/brdflick.gif[/img]

I wonder if they can count...... here is a simple subtraction problem....    [img]http://www.stopstart.btinternet.co.uk/sm/countdown.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/laser.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#16]
This from a hunter and NRA member (not slamming NRA, as I am a member, just pointing out the idiocy of some members):

Him:  I think it should be legal for me to own hunting rifles, but I see no use for handguns and ARs, so they should not be legal.

Me:  That's okay, you keep thinking that way and after they have consficated my pistols and ARs, they will come after your sniper rifle next.

Him:  Sniper rifle????  This is not a sniper rifle.

Me:  Yes it is, according to some of the anti-gun groups out there.  They are already calling it that and plan to take it after the get the others.

Him:  Never happen.

Me:  If they succeed in getting the ARs and pistols, you will be the next target.  You don't have a clue.

At that point, I walked away because I was starting to get pissed.  This guy is worse than the Feinsteins, Clintons, and Boxers of the world.  He claims to believe in the Second Amendment, but only for the types of guns he likes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Hexagram13!!!!,
thank you for my new tag line!!;)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top