Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2002 7:27:07 PM EDT
You remove the loud exhaust system and muffler from the '85 Z-28 you bought weeks ago, and replace it with a nice factory system and quiet muffler...

Never thought I would do something like this...

Car is Sooo much nicer to drive now...

Man, I must be getting old...

Link Posted: 9/7/2002 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wait until you start buying minivans.

View Quote

Loud exhaust on minivans isn't very cool...just FYI [:D]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I will never be old enough to buy a minivan...

The wife wanted one to haul our 4 kids around, so I went out and bought her a '94 3/4 ton Suburban with a 454 in it. [:D]
My kids are safer in a 6800lb truck than they are in a little tin-can minivan...  

The Z-28 was just bought as a cheap beater car...
(I did manage to replace the 3.23 gears with 4.11's and a posi unit)[:D]

Actually, what got me thinking of my age, is a talk with a buddy of mine who is a US Army Reserve recruiter...

He said the cut-off age is 35 to enter...
I'll be 35 in November, and was toying with the idea of joining...

Maybe I'll start another thread on that...
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My kids are safer in a 6800lb truck than they are in a little tin-can minivan...  
View Quote

Until the left, rear edge of the bumper gets tapped by a Honda Civic and it rolls 13 times. The added safety you get as the result of size and weight is lost due to their tendency to roll. Pound for pound, full-size cars are much safer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#6]
You know you're getting old when you see teenagers hanging out at the Mall, and you hear their "music" whenever they drive down any road within a mile of you, and it just pisses you off. Then you remember the comments "old" people would make when you were a teen and listened to your "music" loud (albeit not in the car - the stereos in cars weren't all that loud back then). I now realize how right my parents always were. Except my music rocked!

Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Now I'm the old fat guy [:(]

View Quote

I resemble that remark...[;)]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would be a hoot!! Rice out a minivan with a big ass trash can muffler and a huge whales tail spoiler. Cant forget the type R stickers either! Can 'ya imagine that? Too funny!![8D]

Edit: Oh yeah, gotta lower the mofo enough to make it completely useless too!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#9]

The great tunes you once too ..are now background noise to car commercials....

Tom Tom Club from about '80 is running on one currently...
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 11:04:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can't pick between the BMW Z-3, the Honda S-2000, or the Mazda Miata MX-5. The Miata is winning my choice now as for about $26K you get off the showroom floor. The Honda is about $8K more and the Z-3 is some more than that. My biggest conern is getting an automatic trannie (bum left leg getting no better). The Porsche Boxster might be nice...
View Quote

If you save up for the Boxster, get the S.  Dealers are actually dealing on the things now. Personally I would get a 66-67 Vette convertible, but that's just me.  But alas, it is the wife who makes all the money. [:(]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#11]
BTW, I just got a WRX, and it's an automatic.  How's that for getting old.  Actually their MTs have a reputation for being fragile, and the 4EAT has the more high tech AWD.  They supposedly beefed up the MT for this year.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You know you are getting old when movies you went to see as a teen ager are now being played to the Classic Movie channel

I saw Pretty in Pink on TCM a few weeks back along with weird science. I am also looking at my 20yr H.S. reunion to come in 3yrs. I have friends that are going on their 2nd divorce, and friends soon to have teenagers in a few years.
View Quote

I know I am getting old when my 20 year high school reunion was three years ago and I hear lordtrader stating that his is coming up in three years.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:05:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Last week I was browsing thru the Hot Topic store in a local mall & purchased a Ramones logo pin (looks like the Presidential seal but the eagle holds a baseball bat & has the band members names around the edge) & had to explain to the pierced, hair dyed doofus working there who the Ramones were....  A few years back at work was discussing electronics/entertainment systems with a couple of the summer colledge help & they had never heard of Betamax vcr's or C-64 computers.......
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:54:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Old is when you are standing in an elevator and realize that the Muzak is the same tune that you played because it pissed off your parents when you were 16.

Link Posted: 9/8/2002 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#16]
A guy I work with is a new Grandfather! Worst part is he's a year [b]younger[/b] than ME!

How 'bout knowing the words to every song on the "classic rock lunch hour" geeze.

Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Sort of a musical age progression:

You hate your parents music.
Your parents hate your music.
Your kids hate your music.
You hate your kids music.

I'm not sure what the final chapter may be ??
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#18]
You know you're getting old when you're getting all teary-eyed watching the History Channel showing "historical" events from your youth.

You know you're getting old when you're watching the Antiques Roadshow and you holler, "Yeah! I had one of those!" at every other item. Add bonus points when you realize the item in question fetches 1,000 % of what you or your parents paid for it "back then."

You know you're getting old when you can give the correct answer to the smart-ass question "So what was the best thing _before_ sliced bread?"

You know you're getting old when a gun made in the same year you were born now qualifies as Curio and Relic.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#19]
I wouldn't call it getting old, I would call it getting smart.[;)]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
But you're still buying Z-28's. Wait until you start buying minivans.
View Quote

Also known as...housebroken.  [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lol.gif[/img]

Just thought I would share the joy as I approach my 43rd B-day on 9-11-02.

Isn't growing old fun?   [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#21]
You know you're getting old when you walk into a bar in a college town and all the hot babes are younger then your daughter.

You know you're getting old when the kids in the neighborhood start calling you Mr.

You know you're getting old when you notice the bathroom floor is cold at 3:00 AM.

You know you're getting old when your doctor looks like he’s about fifteen.

You know you're getting old when the new hottie in the office has no idea WTF you’re talking about and says, “I don’t think I was born when that happened.”

You know you're getting old when the cops start calling you “sir” when they pull you over for speeding.

You know you're getting old when all your preban Colts weren’t “prebans.”
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I have an RX7 Turbo with a Racing Beat exhaust system and an MPV rear drive minivan with V6, 5 speed, and, thought not loud, an exhaust system that has a nice throaty sound.  No stickers or wings, but not bone stock either.  I'm 52, that's not old.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks LARRYG. I'll be 50 in December and don't feel old (most days) either. My wife and I just bought Kayaks, Mtn bikes, and an RV this summer, as well as a few new rifles. Mid life crisis? I don't think so. Just a new phase of our life together. Two sons married within the last 18 mo. and a new grandson. Life just gets better.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
************TRUE STORY**************************

A teenage girl walked up to me in the electronics dept at Wal-Mart and said.

Excuse me sir!
Could you please tell me the name of the band that John Lennon was in?
View Quote
Or, you mean Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings???????
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

That would be a hoot!!
View Quote

you know your getting old when you use the word "HOOT."[BD]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#27]
You know yer gettin' old when ya look straight down and ya can't see yer ding-a-ling.[shock]
AB
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Just wait till one of the office hotties doesn't know who Ringo Starr is.  "Ringo Starr? Was he a football player?"  
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#29]
When you have to start wearing jockey shorts under your UDT shorts...where once Mr. Happy may have taken a peek, now your nuts do...
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You know yer gettin' old when ya look straight down and ya can't see yer ding-a-ling.[shock]
AB
View Quote

I heard the same thing from a co-worker he states to wife "God your ass is getting old an saggy" her reply was " when is the last time you saw your Pecker with out looking in the mirror!"

I do believe I like growing older.some things means more to me now than when I was running with the pack.It's getting clearer.

To the other post yup you know your getting older when your freinds are on there 3'rd divorce and myself has never been married.

The bumper sticker "if it's too loud your to old" may hold some truth but I always did detest shit stains that get on my nerves.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Loud exhaust on minivans isn't very cool...just FYI

I dont know, a few years ago the F1 guys built up a either Toyota or Volkswagon van to take new drivers on a ride around the tracks. Huge motor, full cage, big tires the whole bit. I have seen pictures of it in Car and Driver. We were driving an Olds van at the time and I thought, damn that would be cool.

Link Posted: 9/8/2002 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#33]
You know you are an old fart when you go to Home Depot to get glass cut for your garage doors,and have to show the Dept Manager(because the young man trying to cut your glass cut his fingers)how to use the glass cutter.

In this case to use the gloves right next to the cutter,use only one upward stroke of the cutter wheel.   And how to use the glass snapper attached to the cutting Jig.

Then the Manager asked me what would I like to pay for this glass?  It had bar codes on it ,but that was for the original whole piece of glass.

I just bit my tongue(wanting to say hey how about some kind of professional help here).

Then I asked where could I find some glazing points?  Finally a girl with a mullet stocking the shelves knew what it was that I wanted!

I'm never going into that Home Depot again.

And thanks for taking those damn loud pipes off!

Bob  [8D]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Two weeks ago , I traded a 2000 Mustang GT (the bride's ride) for a 2002 4runner.

She Loves her new SUV.

About 11 hours ago, I got back from a 5 day golf trip to Myrtle Beach, where my bike was stolen.

I think the guy who stole my bike may have rode it up here, and broke in the 4runner with Mrs. Threefiftynone.(?) Maybe the "Molon Labe" tag on the bike was the final enticement.

DISCLAIMER!!!  The tag on the VTX 1800 was "QQQQII", not "MOLON LABE".

Over the past 5 days, I found out that I am virtually invisible to any female younger than 40....  worst part is that I'm only 35....

At least I have someone that seems happy to grow old with me.

Hell, Life ain't all bad.
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#35]
I just came home from work, on my motorcycle...I refuse to get old!
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Good Man!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I just came home from work, on my motorcycle...I refuse to get old!
View Quote

That's the ticket dude,I'm 58 and just roofed three houses,during this cool spell.

Old age creeps up on you,meaning you have to be still long enough for it to catch up with you.
 Keep on booking and it will be way behind you waiting for you to let it catch you!

Bob   [:D]
Link Posted: 9/8/2002 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=1995_renault_espace_f1-1.jpg[/url]

800HP V-10 engine
6 speed sequential transmission
0-60 2.8 seconds
Top Speed 194MPH
View Quote

What a waste of good hardware (800HP in a VAN!)....

And it's FRENCH!

On a side note, I ran into someone who would probably like that.... Considering that he tried to race a V8 Firebird with an ASTROVAN!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top