Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2002 1:20:25 PM EDT
... Just got home from the funshow. Got there early with my neighbor and bought all 11 USGI mags from a dude just unpacking them for $100. ... Two were even Colt no less. ... Now, what is the [b]BEST[/b] way to bend tangs (and how far) to disassemble. I'm always concerned about damaging the tang and ruining the body. ... Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 1:49:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 2:02:10 PM EDT
A good pair of Vise-Grip pliers or a stout pair of Channel -Locks will getthose tabs outof the way easily. Theonlydownside is that you will RUIN the mag. The floor plate slides out- either with finger pressure,or w/a section of cleaning rod thru the hole in the bottom. DON'T TOUCH THE TABS!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 2:03:02 PM EDT
... thanks [b]raf[/b], 1st one worked fine. Yes they're 30 rounders and the part I didn't emphasize is the green follower. To actually assemble the tangs need to be opened just a bit more than black followers because they need to go in normal to body due to the extra guide material. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 2:08:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Only_Hits_Count: A good pair of Vise-Grip pliers or a stout pair of Channel -Locks will getthose tabs outof the way easily. Theonlydownside is that you will RUIN the mag. The floor plate slides out- either with finger pressure,or w/a section of cleaning rod thru the hole in the bottom. DON'T TOUCH THE TABS!!!!!
View Quote
... this works only on 20 rounders
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 2:14:36 PM EDT
Read the mag FAQ, or just use the pliers. Your choice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 2:19:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Only_Hits_Count: Read the mag FAQ, or just use the pliers. Your choice.
View Quote
... please accept my apologies. I now see what you're taking about and it works like a [b]champ[/b]! Thanks you're right!
Top Top