Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2002 1:20:25 PM EDT
... Just got home from the funshow. Got there early with my neighbor and bought all 11 USGI mags from a dude just unpacking them for $100.

... Two were even Colt no less.

... Now, what is the [b]BEST[/b] way to bend tangs (and how far) to disassemble.  I'm always concerned about damaging the tang and ruining the body.

... Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#2]
A good pair of Vise-Grip pliers or a stout pair of Channel -Locks will getthose tabs outof the way easily.
Theonlydownside is that you will RUIN the mag.
The floor plate slides out- either with finger pressure,or w/a section of cleaning rod thru the hole in the bottom.
DON'T TOUCH THE TABS!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
... thanks [b]raf[/b], 1st one worked fine. Yes they're 30 rounders and the part I didn't emphasize is the green follower.
To actually assemble the tangs need to be opened just a bit more than black followers because they need to go in normal to body due to the extra guide material.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A good pair of Vise-Grip pliers or a stout pair of Channel -Locks will getthose tabs outof the way easily.
Theonlydownside is that you will RUIN the mag.
The floor plate slides out- either with finger pressure,or w/a section of cleaning rod thru the hole in the bottom.
DON'T TOUCH THE TABS!!!!!
View Quote

... this works only on 20 rounders
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Read the mag FAQ, or just use the pliers.
Your choice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Read the mag FAQ, or just use the pliers.
Your choice.
View Quote

... please accept my apologies. I now see what you're taking about and it works like a [b]champ[/b]!

Thanks you're right!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top