Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2002 1:26:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 1:32:08 AM EDT
You mean you never heard of a 9mm magnum likeness? 9mm magnum likeness- a fictional weapon devised by the anti's to instill fear upon the sheep
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 1:55:50 AM EDT
By "replica", those silly asses mean DEWATted pistols.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 1:58:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 6:10:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2002 6:14:04 AM EDT by shamayim]
DEWAT was an acronym for DEactivated WAr Trophy. It was used back in the 50s to denote full auto weapons that had had the barrels plugged and welded, and could (at that time) be sold as nonguns. Then some SOB wrote an article in the Saturday Evening Post about how he had taken a DEWAT Thompson gun, ground out the welding around the barrel end, and reactivated the piece by installing a new barrel. I remember reading the article in a hospital waiting room while an uncle was a patient. ATTF ended the DEWAT program a couple of months later. Actually, I think the Brits are rounding up the zinc (?) casting models that are totally nonfunctional, but look real. Of course, if they do come up on a welded real piece, I guess they'd grab it too [;D]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 7:53:40 AM EDT
[b]OH MY GOD!...LOOK OUT![/b] HE HAS A [b]WWII LUGER REPLICA[/b] in one hand,....and a [b]9 MM MAGNUM LIKENESS[/b] IN THE OTHER!....CALL FOR BACKUP!...CALL FOR BACKUP!
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 8:21:47 AM EDT
Well, they obviously need to do what those sensible Germans are doing in response to their recent Columbine-style school shooting: Issue a "Little CCW" license for carry of fake guns (but only after passing a practical test on their safe use!) [%|]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 8:54:15 AM EDT
[i]BBC/UK NEWS[/i] Tea Time turned tragic today outside of a London cafe' when a disgruntled former chimney sweep pretended to open fire on patrons, and pedestrians. Witnesses report the man had been acting quite cantankerously after having been served stale biscuits with his afertnoon tea. Bystander Elizabeth Winston recalled the gunman shouting out loud "Say hello to my little friends", just before pulling out a replica WWII Luger, and a toy 9mm Magnum likeness...He then began pointing the weapons at people, and shouting "bang" quite loudly. Several of the cafe' patrons were very much distressed for a short period, while feeling obligated to play dead after being struck soundly by pretend bullets. Within minutes, London police were on scene and blew their whistles at the gunman several times. "It was like something out of an action film" said Police Inspector Ritchard Withers, "like being on a battle field in Viet Nam". The inspector also added "It would have been much worse, had the gunman not run out of pretend ammunition so quickly". Officials in Parliment were quick to point out a proposed ten percent tax on make-believe ammunition, aimed at averting similar events in the future.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 9:03:14 AM EDT
Yea I hear that next summer the Brit Police will be taking any water pistols in plain view from children on the street [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 9:04:31 AM EDT
what? no assault rifle ak-47's with hi-capacity banana clips?
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 9:14:14 AM EDT
MADMEDIC, that was definately funny and well worth the time you put into thinking up such a ridiculous story!
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 9:36:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2002 9:48:45 AM EDT by madmedic]
he he Thanks,...but...is it REALLY that ridiculous, considering some of the stories we hear from our friends across the pond? [whacko] (edited to spell "ridiculous correctly)
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 9:39:41 AM EDT
mm, Now that's funny! [beer]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 9:48:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By madmedic: [i]BBC/UK NEWS[/i] Tea Time turned tragic today outside of a London cafe' when a disgruntled former chimney sweep pretended to open fire on patrons, and pedestrians. Witnesses report the man had been acting quite cantankerously after having been served stale biscuits with his afertnoon tea. Bystander Elizabeth Winston recalled the gunman shouting out loud "Say hello to my little friends", just before pulling out a replica WWII Luger, and a toy 9mm Magnum likeness...He then began pointing the weapons at people, and shouting "bang" quite loudly. Several of the cafe' patrons were very much distressed for a short period, while feeling obligated to play dead after being struck soundly by pretend bullets. Within minutes, London police were on scene and blew their whistles at the gunman several times. "It was like something out of an action film" said Police Inspector Ritchard Withers, "like being on a battle field in Viet Nam". The inspector also added "It would have been much worse, had the gunman not run out of pretend ammunition so quickly". Officials in Parliment were quick to point out a proposed ten percent tax on make-believe ammunition, aimed at averting similar events in the future.
View Quote
[size=6][gold]*****[/gold][/size=6] [:D]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 10:06:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By madmedic: [i]BBC/UK NEWS[/i] Tea Time turned tragic today outside of a London cafe' when a disgruntled former chimney sweep pretended to open fire on patrons, and pedestrians. Witnesses report the man had been acting quite cantankerously after having been served stale biscuits with his afertnoon tea. Bystander Elizabeth Winston recalled the gunman shouting out loud "Say hello to my little friends", just before pulling out a replica WWII Luger, and a toy 9mm Magnum likeness...He then began pointing the weapons at people, and shouting "bang" quite loudly. Several of the cafe' patrons were very much distressed for a short period, while feeling obligated to play dead after being struck soundly by pretend bullets. Within minutes, London police were on scene and blew their whistles at the gunman several times. "It was like something out of an action film" said Police Inspector Ritchard Withers, "like being on a battle field in Viet Nam". The inspector also added "It would have been much worse, had the gunman not run out of pretend ammunition so quickly". Officials in Parliment were quick to point out a proposed ten percent tax on make-believe ammunition, aimed at averting similar events in the future.
View Quote
Really funny because it's so true.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 10:12:21 AM EDT
Why is it that law enforcement always goes after the easy targets? Notice that they're not doing much about the punks with the real guns who are actually terrorizing the crown's loyal subjects.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 11:06:04 AM EDT
You mean to tell me that freedom in britain is in such a sorry assed state that people cannot even own fake firearms? WTF? And please tell me that Skibane is joking about germany issuing CCW's for concealed carry of fake firearms. Fuck!? LMAO!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 11:15:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By trickshot: Why is it that law enforcement always goes after the easy targets? Notice that they're not doing much about the punks with the real guns who are actually terrorizing the crown's loyal subjects.
View Quote
Criminals shoot back.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 2:43:26 AM EDT
Top Top