Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2002 1:41:58 PM EDT
...with collapsible stock & flash suppressor.

As I understand it, a civilian cannot purchase one (other than preban).

What's the scoop on a LEO allowing you to use his/hers for competition purposes?  What if a civilian wanted to borrow it for a while?

Are there restrictions on who can USE such a rifle?  I know there are restrictions on selling/buying one.

What happens when the cop retires?  Does he/she have to sell it or can he/she keep it since it was bought while he/she was a LEO?
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are borrowing it for a while the LEO buddy better be right with you. It could mean big trouble if you were thought to possess it.

I don't have any problem with trying and sharring guns if I were right there.

Better safe then very sorry.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I had been informed that there was a Defense to Prosecution that since the firearm had been purchased while as a LEO, that said LEO could retain the firearm after retirement.

Moreover, I had been told that there is NO restriction on who could use it only that there were restrictions on who you could sell it to...LEO.  

Was this guy wrong?  Sure sounds like it from reading these two posts.

Link Posted: 9/4/2002 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the link.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top