BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2002 6:10:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#2]
quite frankly i am sick of talking about the "effects"  
lets deal with the the people who did this... NOW.

i am tired of fair weather patriotism and people using my country's flag as a fucking fashion statement, or a popularity contest, "i have more flags than you do"

"proud to be an american", "standing tall", "freedom"  

where were these symbols before the terrorist attacks?
what did you think of the people that displayed them?
i have been made fun of my whole life for displaying my flag and being proud to be an american, even when it wasn't "trendy"

just think before you put that bumper sticker on your SUV or soccermomobile, "why am i doing this, is it because the neighbors or joe at the office  has one, or i keep seeing every one else with them, or because i love my country and will stand by it even if i were to be made fun of".
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#3]
An excellent show.

Worth watching for the footage alone...it will be on again & tapes are available for purchase.

Putin summarized it well when he said, [b]"We are as dust to them."[/b]

[url]http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/faith/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

where were these symbols before the terrorist attacks?
".
View Quote

I had them.  But no one believed me.  Screw em.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw it, thought it was great.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
quite frankly i am sick of talking about the "effects"
View Quote

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I changed the channel after seeing what this show was about. We have become obsessed with 9/11 and how we "feel" about it. On any given night, there are at least two "news reality" TV shows serving up sad, fear-filled stories related to 9/11. To hear Jane Pauley and Stone Phillips tell it, you'd think we were living through nightly Nazi bomb attacks over London again.

Jesus Christ, people, get OVER it! Suck it up, and [b]MOVE ON!!![/b] Vengeance will come soon enough...

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#8]
If it doesn't make you feel, you're no longer among the living.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Putin's remarks really put things into perspective. It's an indication of how we need to deal with them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 12:16:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I am in severe pain from watching that show.  I cant stop crying.  All I can think of is wiping out the Muslims.  I hate them so much.  God, I cant stop crying it's pathetic.  I never cry.  So horrible.  So horrible.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:19:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you for the pointer to Frontline. As Matrix mentioned, it was worth watching for the footage alone.

I once heard the quote, "God created Man in his own image and Man has been trying to return the favor ever since." Frontline did a good job of implying that American's swim only in the shallow side of the "spiritual pool", so to speak. I don't know if this was their intent or not, but they provided some good evidence to that effect.

I'm tired of people who keep harping, "How could a loving God let this happen?" I wonder if they've ever considered the alternative (which, IMO, is incompatible with freedom and individual responsibility).

Truly, "Shit Happens". We need to recalibrate and move on. Wallowing in a pool of despair while wondering, "Where was God in all this," is BS and I hope the folks who are caught-up in that pathetic mind trap get out of it in order to discover a God that isn't fond of mindless automatons.

Kevin
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#12]
It's was a great program, but about an hour too long. Most of the stuff about "Evil" could have been cut out.

There will be another 2-hour Frontline on Afghanistan Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll ditto that from Serpico40 & Skibane!  Yes, 9/11 was sad & tragic, but dwelling on the past is a waste of time.  Let's look to the future...
(I am putting on my flame retardant suit now)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top