Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2002 5:43:18 PM EDT
Bad word? It means stingy or cheap. Should a middle school teacher be fired for teaching her students what it means? It was on Hannitty and Colmbs. I wanted to smash her face in. BP
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:46:42 PM EDT
Yep, that was stupid!!! Its a word. So is niggling! WTF will people sue over next!...
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:51:08 PM EDT
PC run amuck!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:52:57 PM EDT
Fuckingly. Is that a word? Can I say this in church?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:53:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:53:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2002 5:54:35 PM EDT by SuperAlpha]
A few years ago the NAACP and all the colored organizations were pissed off about a local politician here in Dallas who said he was spending funds niggardly. What a bunch of "unedumacated" losers!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:54:08 PM EDT
A bureaucrat in the District of Columbia was sacked for racial insensitivity for using the word "niggardly" in a meeting 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:54:12 PM EDT
That bitch sounded so stupid. Shes the racist in this story. Anything to keep the race bait thing going [V]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:54:43 PM EDT
I told myself I would never do this, but here I go..... IBTL!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:59:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SuperAlpha: A few years ago the NAACP and all the colored organizations were pissed off about a local politician here in Dallas who said he was spending funds niggardly. What a bunch of "unedumacated" losers!!!!!!
View Quote
Just as stupid as most black people do not know that the NAACP was founded by WHITE men
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 5:59:30 PM EDT
[b]D.C. mayor's aide quits after word is taken as racial slur[/b] January 27, 1999 WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An aide to the District of Columbia's mayor resigned Tuesday citing pressure from controversy over his use of the word "niggardly," which some deemed a racial slur. But even as he stepped down, David Howard, who is white, said the word does not have any racial connotation. "Mr. Howard's resignation was prompted by reports that he made an inappropriate racial comment," newly-elected Mayor Anthony Williams, who is black, said in a statement Tuesday night. Niggardly: "grudgingly mean about spending or granting" Webster's Tenth Edition definition In a separate statement, Howard identified the word he used as "niggardly" in a staff meeting and said he was referring to a fund he administers. Howard said it means "miserly." Webster's Tenth Edition concurs, defining it as "grudgingly mean about spending or granting." The dictionary dates its use to the late 16th century. Williams told reporters Tuesday that holding a senior public office required good judgment, adding, "I don't think that the use of this term showed the kind of judgment that I like to see in our top management." Because the word sounds like a racial epithet, Howard said, he realized other members of the mayor's staff present when he made the remark were offended. He said he quickly apologized. But he said that since he made the remark on January 15, he has received many angry phone calls from people who thought he made a racist remark. About two-thirds of the capital city's half million population is black. "I would never think of making a racist remark," said Howard, whose job was to hear the concerns of district residents and bring them to the attention of the mayor and his staff. "I realize that this rumor has severely compromised my effectiveness as the district's public advocate and, in the best interest of my office, I resigned," he said. In accepting Howard's resignation, Williams said he is "committed to representing all of the people of our city and making sure my administration truly reflects the city's diversity." Williams said the issue reflects a "hurt" and "great divide" within the city and that race relations must be talked about openly in the nation's capital.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:00:24 PM EDT
why you niggardly bastard. got to use this at the next gunshow.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:03:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2002 6:04:35 PM EDT by AeroE]
Finally a worthy thread - IBTL!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:05:19 PM EDT
IBTL )-: ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:06:20 PM EDT
Fired for having a large vocabulary. He should have axed for an appeal. BP
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:06:26 PM EDT
"It's how I perceive the word” It doesn't matter what the word means as long as I perceive it to be offensive? She sat there dressed like she's from Africa, with an African name and said, "She (the teacher) didn't know the answers to any of the questions I asked her” But she never told us what any of those questions were. "It's how I perceive the word" It doesn't matter what the word means as long as I perceive it to be offensive? How many words are we going to eliminate because someone perceives it to be insulting to them? How many of you wear clothes from your native country (No matter how many hundreds of years ago your family came here)? If she wants to be African I’ll help buy a ticket.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:08:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DScott: Fuckingly. Is that a word? Can I say this in church?
View Quote
Fuckinly? Can you find that in your Funk & Wagnels? Websters? Niggardly, miserly, niggling, trivial are all words, that have other than profane uses, that just so happen to resemble, in spelling, a word that has a profane use, nigger.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:09:38 PM EDT
typical niggaz, is that a word?[:D] IBTL
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:11:48 PM EDT
Top Top