Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/2/2002 8:58:16 AM EDT
He's only 7, so he can't actually hunt here in OH, but we went out Squirrel hunting this morning. What a great time! I never got to do any shooting or hunting as a kid. My parents were and still are anti gun all the way. The first gun I ever shot was an M-16. My wife had to defend herself with a .38 from being dragged into a car when we lived in Fayettenam, NC. In spite of that they still believe that guns are evil, and should all be banned. They moved to AFRICA during Vietnam. Anyway- I just wanted to brag that I took my kid hunting!! Oh yea- We only bagged one Squirrel, but the learning experience for him was great. We'll eat it tomarrow.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:05:56 AM EDT
It is always good to see people spending time with their children. I am sure he had fun and will remember it for along time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:09:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2002 9:09:27 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:35:48 AM EDT
He's already great in the woods. Barely makes any noise at all! We used a 10/22. He's shot it at the range a couple of times. He's too small to hold it right, but even so, he can consistantly break clay birds with it at 25 yards. We set up a range in the basement yesterday so we can shoot his red ryder and airsoft pistol. It's a great way to teach him firearm safety and techniques, without all the distrations of a public range.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:46:21 AM EDT
"Fayettenam", the armpit of the United States.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:55:01 PM EDT
I salute you for "overcoming" your anti-gun upbringing (no disrespect intended to your parents - they just need to face the facts on that subject). It's very hard to beat a day afield with your kid/s isn't it?
Top Top