Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2002 8:58:16 AM EDT
He's only 7, so he can't actually hunt here in OH, but we went out Squirrel hunting this morning.  What a great time!  I never got to do any shooting or hunting as a kid.  My parents were and still are anti gun all the way. The first gun I ever shot was an M-16.  My wife had to defend herself with a .38 from being dragged into a car when we lived in Fayettenam, NC. In spite of that they still believe that guns are evil, and should all be banned.  They moved to AFRICA during Vietnam.  
Anyway- I just wanted to brag that I took my kid hunting!!
Oh yea- We only bagged one Squirrel, but the learning experience for him was great. We'll eat it tomarrow.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#1]
It is always good to see people spending time with their children.  I am sure he had fun and will remember it for along time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#3]
He's already great in the woods.  Barely makes any noise at all!  We used a 10/22. He's shot it at the range a couple of times.  He's too small to hold it right, but even so, he can consistantly break clay birds with it at 25 yards.  We set up a range in the basement yesterday so we can shoot his red ryder and airsoft pistol.  It's a great way to teach him firearm safety and techniques, without all the distrations of a public range.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#4]
"Fayettenam", the armpit of the United States.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I salute you for "overcoming" your anti-gun upbringing (no disrespect intended to your parents - they just need to face the facts on that subject).  It's very hard to beat a day afield with your kid/s isn't it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top