Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2002 8:14:35 AM EDT
Well, there's a (fairly) new Clancy book out - "Red Rabbit" or something like that.  Anyone read it yet?  If so, is it worth the $28.95 for the hardback?

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Good read. I paid ~$18.00 for it from Amazon.
It's some good cold war reading, about a plot to kill the pope and a russian kgb defector. IMO, great book.

-T.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Better than Bear And The Dragon, which was WW3 Lite, time frame is between Patriot Games and Hunt For Red October.

Recommended.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I like it so far.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered it from Amazon .. should be here Thursday... Thanks guys!

FOTBR
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Since you've already ordered without waiting for expert advice [b]I must tell you "Red Rarebit" STUNK !![/b]

(Actually a pretty decent read - maybe not as good as some others but Clancy's 6's are better than most current writers best efforts.)
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL, well, if nothing else, I need the book to maintain my "Complete Works of Tom Clancy" section of my bookshelves.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#7]
If you enjoyed "Patriot Games" you will like "Red Rabbit". [;)]

I generally get them from the library first. The last few Clancy books have not been worth buying.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm like Fan, gotta' have it on the bookshelf to go with all the other Tom Clancy books.

Look around before you buy it. My grocery store had it for $18.95 on the day it was released. [>:/] But you had to use that evil ([whacko]) "shoppers card" to get the sale price.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Good book. Not his best IMHO but good nonthe less. Get it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I kinda wish he would write another Clark book.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Is it a gunuine Clancy or one of those Op-Center POS's?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#12]
It purports to be genuine Clancy.  It is supposed to be more of the Jack Ryan series.

I should mention that my Complete works of Clancy section doesn't include the crap that others are writing and putting Clancy on the front because he helped with an idea or two.

IMNSHO, the "op center" and other series sucked.

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I have it on order.

Without Remorse is one of the best books I have every read.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top