Link Posted: 4/8/2001 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#8]
They all cant be reloaded as fast as a ar
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 2:01:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Waldo,

I was there Friday and competed with a FAL. Came in #32 if I remember correctly. A score of about 11.something.

It was a tough course and much different than last year.

I did poorly on the silhoutte target, hitting 3 out of five but only missed one steel plate. I think I shot the last two last plates on the 3rd bank out of sequence.

I learned last year the lighter recoiling, more accuracte weapons always take the top spots in their matches.

I would have really liked to see the guy with the H&K 91 do his thing.

I have an AR but had many problems last year with my FAL and wanted to do it right this year just for personal satisfaction..

I feel better now ;-)).

Silver Surfer:
Have you ever watched someone skilled reload a FAL?? It is one hand mag drop while the other goes for a new mag, also.
My brother competed there,also, with an 16" bbl AR and I smoked him (score, accuracy and time). This includes reloading time.

In practice his AR was shooting tighter groups than my FAL -- BUT -- it is more the shooter than the gun in real life.

That is true of many things - it is the skill of the operator, not the machine, that determines performance.

The people that out scored me were better shots and probably ran a damn sight faster than I did.
My time was right at 2 minutes and 20 seconds. (I had it video taped). I just trotted through it.

[blue]Blue207[/blue]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 3:52:15 AM EDT
[#10]
So, by the sheet, I take it a lot of people own cheap inexpensive tack shooters?  :D
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 4:17:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool, other people from Ohio on this site. I'm not alone anymore. Lucky Bast**rds getting to go to Knobcreek. Oh yes, someday Knobcreek WILL be mine.[;)] Hope you got to play with much toys while you were there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Did you see the guy on the main line shooting the M16 with some sort of strange looking 2" round brake. The side openings were huge. The muzzle flash even in daylight was 1-1.5 ft out each side. I guess just for show.

The woman with the SAW was pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 5:42:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Waldo, this match sounds like way too much fun. [:D] Could you tell me how many shots required for each position, what distances, and how big are the targets?  Any information you can provide or direct me to will be appreciated.
I want to start practicing now for next year. thanks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 6:20:46 AM EDT
[#14]
[left] yea i seen the woman with the SAW! she did very good. controlled burst of fire. i like the twin Glocks 19's(converted)/18's. did you
see the gilil SAR lock up so tight that they had to figure a way to get the bolt unjammed.[/left]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Copied from KCR site:

[i]The Assault Rifle Match will require a minimum of 30 rounds with at least one magazine change likely. The course will consist of 4 stages with 5 steel targets in each. However, the last bank will have 5 steel targets with one paper target in which 5 shots will be taken. All steel targets will be done as 1 shot per target going from left to right. A target shot out of sequence will be called a missed target and a 10 second penalty will be assessed. In addition, there will be a bonus target on each stage. If hit you will have ten seconds removed from your total time. If missed there is no penalty. The object of this match is to end up with the lowest possible time. Your score is based on moving time, target score and penalty score. The target distances will be from 50 yards to 125 yards. Ammo pouches, mag pouches and jungle clip magazines will be allowed.[/i]

Waldo, can you tell me approx. what size targets they used at what distances?  Also, about how far do you run between stages? I've done some IDPA pistol, but never any kind of assault rifle match.  It sounds like fun just to practice.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2001 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#18]
50Cal,

That sounds like a JP Enterprises muzzle brake. Use to have a video on his web site showing a mini AR on full auto with the muzzle brake. Very impressive IMHO.

So anybody know how the guy with the bag-of-rocks placed? [}:)][%|][?]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 3:38:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I enjoyed hearing those old 50's thumping away again!  Kinda like beating on your chest with big rubber hammer!
TF
[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 4:28:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I enjoyed the 50s as well.  Incredible fire power.  Tey totally destroyed every vehicle that was drug out on the range.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 4:36:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top