Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Look up a love for enemies and demon hunter. I would link but on my phone.
Good stuff. I listen to music for the MUSIC not Jist for the lyrics/ message. Some good heavy riff in those two bands.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

They had a couple of good songs, but they were a joke.  

Don't talk shit about Stryper

He's right, they were a joke.  

You'll make baby Jesus cry.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Classical composers were the rock stars of their time.. Heck, Niccolò Paganini sold his soul to the devil, legend has it.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Theocracy is good.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, the other "side" has some good tunes too!

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Lucifer was an arch angel who had musical instruments as an integral part of his body and wings.

Long story short, he controls the music industry. And to be able to become popular, you would have to bow down to him.

A bunch of music artists came out and admit that to become famous in the music/entertainment industry, they would have to sign a literal contract signed with their own blood. They have a number of years they agreed on the contract that allows them to be famous, popular, have all the women, money, and drugs they want. After those years are over, you give up your soul.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Lucifer was an arch angel who had musical instrument as an integral part of his body and wings.

Long story short, he controls the music industry. And to be able to become popular, you would have to bow down to him.

A bunch of music artists came out and admit that to become famous in the music/entertainment industry, they would have to sign a literal contract signed with their own blood. They have a number of years they agreed on that allows them to be famous, popular, have all the women, money, drugs they want. After those years are over, you give up your soul.

The Devil is Jewish!?!?!?!

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#10]
While Satan does get most of the cool music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsmcDLDw9iw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVAcjSsxl08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iql6oh90IXE
Christ doesn't get ignored (strange that these guys would write a song about him though):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ6hG7XX6zI
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lucifer was an arch angel who had musical instrument as an integral part of his body and wings.

A bunch of music artists came out and admit that to become famous in the music/entertainment industry, they would have to sign a literal contract signed with their own blood. They have a number of years they agreed on the contract that allows them to be famous, popular, have all the women, money, and drugs they want. After those years are over, you give up your soul.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist.

+1
If you want more info watch "They Sold Their Soul for Rock and Roll."

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess I'm more old school when it comes to church music. I guess it's because what I grew up listening to.
I like some good ole fashion gospel when I'm feeling stressed or down.

I like R&B,some rap,some rock, classical but don't really care for Christian Rock/Rap most doesn't sound like praise music, to me most sound like they want to be rocking but wasn't good enough to be a secular band so they went the gospel route.

A lot of Motown singers started off doing church music and doing secular music and made it. Sam Cooke did gospel and then went to do secular music. Some say that's why he died so young.

ETA:What the crap is up with this site just putting videos where it wants to :(
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#13]
The same way the devil entices people to bad things, is the same way it entices people to his kind of music; lusts, desires, wants.

If you look at the 10 commandments, the activities are based on human desires.

Want that expensive toy but can't pay for it? Steal it.
Want someone but can't have them? Rape them.
Hate someone for being different or causing you grief? Kill them.
Don't like your parents keeping you in line? Rebel against them.
Hate god and his standards? Curse his name. This one is the worst, because after you curse god, you metaphorically hit the "reset" button and can live the life you desire without believing or worrying about consequences. Without worrying about heaven/hell/karma, and believing that after you die, it's lights out, why would anyone want to live an honest life, instead of one that's more exciting and desirable?

That's why Anton LaVey, founder of Church of Satan, says that his religion is based on human desires, rather than worshiping the devil. It's designed to be deceiving.

Not trying to be religious, but if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. It's easier to get them by taking away their beliefs, making them believe in nothing, like an Atheist. When they believe in nothing, they are more susceptible. This is an old technique, similar to tiptoe totalitarian. Liberties erode slowly over time.

This time they have us fighting each other. First amendment vs second amendment.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Man, I don't know what kind of music you guys are listening to, but no music that I listen to is about the Devil and Hell.  I like good old fashion Southern Rock, Country, Rock, Classic Rock, Techno, etc.....  I realize that It doesn't exactly praise God, but it sure doesn't glorify the devil either.  It's mostly just music about life.  
[/quote]

Most likely some of the music you listen to is about the Devil and Hell.  "You know sometimes words have two meanings" "Rock and Roll will never die, There's more to the picture than meets the eye"  do you like the Eagles? Hotel is about a Satanic church in southern California.

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Have you ever thought about your soul? Can it be saved?
Perhaps you think that when you're dead you stay in your grave.
Is God just a thought within your head or is He a part of you?
Is Christ just a name that you read in a book when you were in school?

Lol. I'm not sure Black Sabbath was all that satanic...
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Godless commies have the best music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BulFwGSi8bc
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

A bunch of music artists came out and admit that to become famous in the music/entertainment industry, they would have to sign a literal contract signed with their own blood. They have a number of years they agreed on that allows them to be famous, popular, have all the women, money, drugs they want. After those years are over, you give up your soul.

The Devil is Jewish!?!?!?!

I wouldn't be surprised that as a reward for executing Jesus, the Jews has control of this domain.

The devil said "All this I will give you if you will bow down and worship me.", but Jesus told him to go pound sand.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Better question:

Why is so much music called 'Gospel' music when it does not concern itself primarily with the historical and theological underpinnings of the Gospel per se?

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 5:10:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Better question:

Why is so much music called 'Gospel' music when it does not concern itself primarily with the historical and theological underpinnings of the Gospel per se?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV2zMZ-nZ7k

I dunno. Why is so much music called Rhythm and Blues, when it almost never concerns itself with the blues?

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 5:14:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

He doesn't..........

Mozart

Beethoven

Corelli

Vivaldi

Chopin

Bach

Wagner

Beethoven's music was seen by many as a corrupter of youth during his time

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#21]
You cannot represent Christian Metal with Stryper. That was a glam rock band. Like comparing a bb gun to an AK-47. Christian metal and thrash has had several excellent bands that issued multiple albums full of win. And their songs are not all on the same topic.

Early Tourniquet is a great example:

Deliverance was very good on their first 4 - 5 releases.

Believer was another of the great original Christian thrash / metal bands

Other favs are Sacred Reich, Living Sacrifice, Mortification, Crucified, Vengence(VENGENCE RISING), One bad pig
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 6:00:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 7:01:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You cannot represent Christian Metal with Stryper. That was a glam rock band. Like comparing a bb gun to an AK-47. Christian metal and thrash has had several excellent bands that issued multiple albums full of win. And their songs are not all on the same topic.

Early Tourniquet is a great example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXKGOriUmCk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjOnnHpgncs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFL5HGwAA8Y

Deliverance was very good on their first 4 - 5 releases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPHcjhqhh8

Believer was another of the great original Christian thrash / metal bands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va_ZEafkKOo

Other favs are Sacred Reich, Living Sacrifice, Mortification, Crucified, Vengence(VENGENCE RISING), One bad pig

I listened to all of those bands when I was a kid because my father wouldn't allow me to listen to secular music. I am very well acquainted with those bands.

I would say that 2/3rds of the people in the church thought that this was still The Devil's Music. I'm sure if we asked Old_Painless or arowneragain, then they'd tell you that this is Devil Music.

By the way, Dr. Roger Martinez from Vengance Rising...he's a vocal Satanist now.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

By the way, Dr. Roger Martinez from Vengance Rising...he's a vocal Satanist now.

Oh, that's funny.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 7:32:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Meh, depends on the genre.

Christian metal. IMHO does suck

That said other not so much with other genres (classical for example)

Also there is this

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#26]
For extreme Christian metal fans, check out Drottnar. Norwegian Unblack/Technical Death metal band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alFLGBJPNAk
Maiden got Biblical too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4heiZhvV6aA
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Because it is a tool to conjure up dark and lustful desires and to prevent you from meditating on the purpose of life and the great gifts that God has bestowed on the earth for you to enjoy and appreciate.

It's good because if it was bad you would disregard it and the devil would have one less tool to distract you.

Christian music is just the opposite, it's not meant to do anything that would distract you from God. The music is pretty boring, because it's not a tool God needs or wants to get you to love him and his natural world he created.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#28]

That's pretty funny.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#29]
I feel like this thread has given me AIDS.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#30]
this thread needs MOAR JESUS!!!!

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Actually, I was just thinking the opposite.

I was trying to start a heavy metal/rock and roll thread, I didn't mean to turn this into a dick measuring contest with the Worship and Praise Team.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Hey, guys...there's a new thread for you guys to post your Stryper and Sandy Patti in:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1419010_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Speed
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Actually, I was just thinking the opposite.

I was trying to start a heavy metal/rock and roll thread, I didn't mean to turn this into a dick measuring contest with the Worship and Praise Team.

didnt catch that
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Here is a darker version of War Pigs;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI_zIZBcSK8

And a darker version of Black Sabbath:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE8hHF4yOdg

Bilster

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#37]

If you read the whole tract it takes 2 years for 2 of the band members to turn gay and get married, one to die of Aids, and I think one kills himself? Before "Lew Siffer" calls in his debt and tries to capture the other's mortal souls.

One guy finds a tract then goes on a speaking tour at churches warning others of the dangers of rock n roll, so...it's got a happy ending

The best was the full length Jack Chick comic called Spellbound where it explained that rock music was made by production companies using old druid manuscripts (they must be the only group on the planet in possession of anything written by druids) and that after a master was recorded, witches were brought into the studio to preform naked ceremonies on the album so the spell would reach all who listened...an it actually gets crazier

Speed

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

If you read the whole tract it takes 2 years for 2 of the band members to turn gay and get married, one to die of Aids, and I think one kills himself? Before "Lew Siffer" calls in his debt and tries to capture the other's mortal souls.

One guy finds a tract then goes on a speaking tour at churches warning others of the dangers of rock n roll, so...it's got a happy ending

The best was the full length Jack Chick comic called Spellbound where it explained that rock music was made by production companies using old druid manuscripts (they must be the only group on the planet in possession of anything written by druids) and that after a master was recorded, witches were brought into the studio to preform naked ceremonies on the album so the spell would reach all who listened...an it actually gets crazier

Speed

Sounds like an awesome idea for an episode of Metalocalypse!

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#39]
No Danzig yet? Disappointed I am.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm sure if we asked Old_Painless or arowneragain, then they'd tell you that this is Devil Music.

Honestly, I've never heard of the bands you referred to.

I did find myself at a 'skillet' concert one time and thought it was positively awful. I'm more of a symphony fan, really. We have season tickets now.

<--cultured.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

*snip*

Speed

You know what? I like Jack Chick. I think he'll be in heaven; I think he genuinely loves God and genuinely cares for the souls of men - quite possibly more than I do - but goodness, his theology is horrible.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#44]
There are several Bob Marley tracks that would not (lyrically, at least) be out of place in your average American protestant house of worship.

One Love, for example.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There are several Bob Marley tracks that would not (lyrically, at least) be out of place in your average American protestant house of worship.

One Love, for example.

http://youtu.be/Ou5pzKuKP8w

John Lennon's 'Imagine' would fit right in at many churches too.....of course, there's no mention of Christ in it.

There have been books written about 'Christless Christianity' - morality and love and good works apart from the Gospel - and that's where many modern american 'churches' are at.

(See my prior comment about Gospel music that has no Gospel in it.....)
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One Love, for example.

http://youtu.be/Ou5pzKuKP8w

John Lennon's 'Imagine' would fit right in at many churches too.....of course, there's no mention of Christ in it.

There have been books written about 'Christless Christianity' - morality and love and good works apart from the Gospel - and that's where many modern american 'churches' are at.

(See my prior comment about Gospel music that has no Gospel in it.....)

Well, with lines like "give thanks and praise to The Lord, and I will feel alright" the Bob Marley song fits *just a little bit* better than Imagine.

Seriously, Bob was a pretty religious guy and not bashful about it.  As a Rastafarian he no doubt believed that smoking weed brought you closer to god, but that's a pretty minor difference compared to a common belief in Jesus Christ as Lord & Savior.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
He doesn't..........

Mozart
Beethoven
Corelli
Vivaldi
Chopin
Bach
Wagner

Beethoven's music was seen by many as a corrupter of youth during his time

I would be interested to see the source on that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Some say he was responsible for music in Heaven before the fall, or some such thing. If so, I'm thinking the tunes were pretty bitchin' up there at one point.

They still play the "oldies".

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top