User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2002 4:52:03 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/741840/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Disturbing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#2]
The story is bogus. Her chronology is messed up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

How so?

Link Posted: 8/30/2002 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Until 9-11-01 the first WTC attack back in '93 was the "WTC attack." That is what she is referring to (I think this story may have been put out originally before 9-11).

[eidted to add: I certainly don't think she would have described our recent horror of the WTC being completely destroyed as an "episode" and then go on to talk about all the things she did years later...]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Ahh yes... I keep forgetting about the first 'twin towers' incident. Definately pre 9/11/2001 though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 9:32:28 AM EDT
[#6]
When I was at OSU, I lived in Student Married housing for a while, Muslim students beating the hell out of their wives was almost a nightly thing, you would hear it, in the other aptments next to you or down in the parking lots. I think the OSU University PD had a couple of officers that did nothing all night but go to Domestic Battery calls generated by Islamic married couples.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Ahh.. the "Religion of Peace"
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#8]
You just don't understand... to Muslims, women are subhuman.  Ditto, non-Muslims.  They can do anything they want to women, or non-muslims, it is perfectly moral in their view.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#9]
So what about all those American men that beat their wife and abuse children. We are being one sided here folks. Again it shows people are people and there are Muslims who don't beat their wife just like some American men who don't.
Her story tells how she was mixed up and first thought Islam was for her then when things were not going right she saw Christ and reconverted.

Yes she was talking about 1993 and the bombing. I remember Muslims being beat up back then also.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So what about all those American men that beat their wife and abuse children. We are being one sided here folks. Again it shows people are people and there are Muslims who don't beat their wife just like some American men who don't.
View Quote

You can't be serious.

The difference is that in our country you're punished for such actions. In their ure it's sanctioned by the church and considered a normal part of life. The abuse of women is not only perfectly acceptable to them, it's seen as one of a man's duties as a husband.

They view our way of treating women as another example that we're all infidels and out to corrupt the world.

There's a HUGE difference here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#11]
We shouldn't be to quick to judge.  We should encourage them and help them come around to non-abusive ways.  It wasn't too long ago that the practice of slavery was acceptable in America, but we learned from our mistakes.  The Islamic should be given the same chance to learn from thier mistakes.  The reason we have a seperation of church and state is so the state won't force it's views upon us, which is exactly what you trying to do to these poor, helpless people.  Tolerance and acceptance and a willingness to teach is how we can help these people.  

Bill C. [smoke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top