Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2002 3:38:06 PM EDT
Or whatever they are called. The link that someone provided today in regards to banning the .50 cal and all guns general.

Their whole website is dedicated to putting out bogus information about guns.

Anyway, called the number they provided and talked to the [b]GIRL[/b] who is one the leaders of this group. First off, she can't be more than 25 years old and is supposed to be a  believable expert on what guns do to kill innocent Americans.

So, I was extremely nice when I talked to her...actually she had her cell phone # on her answering service. I asked her why was she fighting against the use of guns for defending yourself. She gave some liberal diatribe about guns killing more innocent people than criminals...whatever.

So I ask her..if a rapist broke into her home and began chasing her to her bedroom, she is able to slam the door, lock and grab something to defend herself. I ask her..what would you rather have? A handgun or cellphone?

Well, this did'nt go over well. She said she would [b]HOPE[/b] that her home is secure enough blah, blah...that she has neighbors who would here her yell...No that is not the question. If you had a cellphone or a gun, which would [b]PROTECT[/b] you from being raped?

She called me some names that I could'nt make out...and said that she hopes that people like me could see how many innocent people have been killed by guns...blah, blah, bkah...

So asked her again...which would protect you from being raped??

She hung up..

When liberals are faced with truth...this is their standard reaction. Click.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
So, when's the wedding?
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
You beast! You ruined her whole day.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, when's the wedding?
View Quote

LMAO
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You beast! You ruined her whole day.
View Quote

Not to mention her entire self esteem you rat bastard. You know, if people in this country would just wake up and see the truth that guns are only produced as a big conspiracy by manufacturers and the government to keep population levels down...aww, what the hell is my problem, ok, I just smacked myself, I think I feel better. [argue]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Yepper...my kinda girl! But, she will not stop until all guns are gone...

Their website: [url]http://www.vpc.org/[/url]

Her name is on there, I don't want to say anything more. She might get the wrong idea [:D]

Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#6]
That is SOOOO untactful...

The correct plan would have been to get her out on a date...

Screw her as hard as she wants...

Take her (by surprise) to a gun range and show her how to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#7]
You meanie!  How could you do that?  Using LOGIC is totally unfair when arguing with a liberal.  They simply can't deal with it.

I did the same thing last year to my liberal, anti-gun sister in law.  I asked the same question and got the same response...anything but a GUN!!!  NEVER a GUN!!!

"Ok", I said, "Then you might as well stop and enjoy the rape...cause you have no defense otherwise."  THAT got me in hot water, with her and the missus...her sister. [shock]
(maleracistsexistbigothomophobe!)  Damn, I was "patrolling the perimeter" for awhile after that!

I know...I'm going to HELL for that one...but they are soooooo easy!  [;D]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't see any girl on that site at all.  Maybe I'm missing something.  I don't see any phone numbers either.

Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, when's the wedding?
View Quote
That was snot on the monitor good.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Redman,

For Release:
  Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Naomi Seligman
  Violence Policy Center
  (202) 822-8200 x105

This lead to her office message machine..which then leads to her cell. phone #. Got her on the 2nd try. The (x) before the number, is extension number 105.

She is the A-typical liberal. Almost robotic with her anti-gun replies.

Stepford women live!

Link Posted: 8/29/2002 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to give her a call tomorrow.  I found the page, it's the one about the union between Greenpeace and VPC over .50 caliber rifles that can be a threat to chemical plants [rolleyes].
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Around 5pm today, VPC hosted a nice little dog & pony show on CSPAN-2 devoted to smearing the .50.  It was truly awful!  The dude was brilliant at hyperbole and twisting facts around.  Joseph Goebbels could not have done any better.  The best part was the Greenpeace woman (who looked like she handn't been laid in years) who talked about "worst case" scenarios if a fifty was used against a chemical plant.  Well, worst cases always sound awful, don't they, lady?  Here's a worse case for you:  You will die alone!

The guy wants all fifties to be added to the NFA--still "legal" but just regulated out of existence, and costs of ownership driven sky high.  Thanks a bunch, you weenie!  

He mentioned that some of these anti-tank sniper rifles (no shit, this is what he always called them) cost between $2,000 and $13,000 but that the costs are dropping.  Now, I'm no terrorist, but I'll bet for $13K, I could buy a really big bomb that would do some really serious shit instead of just punching big holes in fuel storage tanks, I could blow a whole tank farm to kingdom come.

I'm sure if terrorists can't get their hands on .50 caliber rifles, it won't be any big deal to head down to a hardware or grocery store and pick up the necessary ingredients for home-made explosives!  Be a lot cheaper, too, and they can pick up a couple of six packs to drink while they mix up their bombs!

If anything, the poor fifty caliber needs protecting from these creeps!  If there is a danger of attacks on chemical plants, lets arm the plant guards with these weapons so they can defend themselves proper!  I mean, after all, the guy put the fifty in the same category as rockets and mortars, he said so himself--devastating firepower.  

I agree--present these people with the facts, or even try to debate them at all, and their standard technique is to run & hide.  This happens to me all the time when I bring up these issues--an infantile response and the debate is over before it begins.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2002 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread makes me want to get off of my ass and go buy a 50. I've wanted one for quite a while. I hate these fucking liberal groups that want to take my freedom away. Most of them are brainwashed and can't have a intellegent conversation with someone with the opposite view. The whole thing makes me shake my head[V]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 8:30:52 AM EDT
[#14]
If you want an exercise in twisted logic, take a look at VPC's press release "strongly opposing" arming pilots.  It made my head spin.

[url]http://www.vpc.org/press/0207pilot2.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#15]

What did you expect her to do when she was [b]confronted by a NAKED-GUNMAN ??[/b]

(Of course she hung-up.  Then went to unlock the door !)
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I think these people read way too many Tom Clancy novels.

I check the VPC site on a regular basis just to see what kind of drool they're espousing next.
For some reason, the .50 cal thing really seems to get under their dust ruffle. A few months back they released a similar exposè called "Voting From the Rooftops" with pretty much the same bug-eyed paranoia.

One strange thing I have read on their website; is that they're against "smart gun" technology.
Although from reading it they just take a different spin on it to further other anti-gun legislation.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I read the VPC's propaganda on the .50 but it was on a sister website called Join Together. These people are scary. They have a list called the 'Fact Database,' this list of anti gun fiction is every gun owners nightmare because it is twisted, taken completely out of context and on some points, it is flat out falsified. The whole site seems to be overly dramatic, with intent upon shocking the un-informed reader into believing that a gun is the single biggest threat to themselves, thier children, and society at large. They are very methodized with thier fact mongering. Additionally, we need to take a good look at these sites and the tactics they use, and then use the very same proven tactics to clarify thier abraded facts and get people off the fence so to speak. I would really like to see some articulate rebuttals to thier fact database from our members here. We need to check in with the enemy from time to time to see what kind of tactics they are using against us and more importantly who's ear they have that could get some of their proposed anti gun laws passed.       [url=http://www.jointogether.org/gv/resources/facts/browse/0,2047,,00.html?SubjectID=695&IssueID=383&ExcludeID=0&ObjectID=5]anti-gun site[/url]  
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 12:11:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top