Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2002 3:35:43 PM EDT
I bought a nice side by side refrigerator with a built in water filter and dispensor.  I was thinking it would be awesome because I would have cold, clean, filtered water.  The problem is the water slowly comes out of the dispenser.  It seems to take forever...about 30 seconds just to fill a 20 ounce water bottle.  It takes maybe 5 seconds to fill it under the facet so we are talking about it taking 6 times longer.

I'm looking for a way to supercharge the water dispenser.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You could always get one of these, but you would probably have to make your own mounting bracket.

[img]http://www.paxtonauto.com/images/Novi2000rr.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Its probably the filter's hole size and your water pressure probably is a little low.  I had the same problem and reamed out the hole on the filter canisters ... no more problem.  BTW I looked at the rating of the filter (ie gallons per minute) and it is still well below operating max.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a way to supercharge the water dispenser.  Any ideas?
View Quote

Without compromising the filter's ability to filter? I wouldn't count on it. Maybe there are hi-flow filters available.

FYI, change the filters often. If you don't, they become festering pools of bacteria and can really make you sick. Don't ask me how I know that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I like Ponyboy's idea myself. Of course there's always the Novi 2000, or better yet a whipple charger!

PONY_DRIVER
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Use a soft copper line.not the plastic stuff.Inside diameter for most of the plastic is a lot smaller.You could also use two filters and Y them into the fridge.It will help volume but not pressure.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a K&N water filter.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#7]
We do water lines for refrigerators.
One thing you might want to check is the water flow out of the branch shut off valve.
Most of the time they are the small 1/4" saddle valves that bolt on to a supply pipe.
Every now and then they go bad, like not getting the needle to retract properly.
If you are getting good flow out of the valve check the line where it connects to your frige that will let you know if the line is kinked.
Water pressure is normally between 45 to 60 psi.
If you are useing a reverse osmosis filter system prior to your friges water filter your pressure will be greatly reduced.
Drop me a line if you have any questions.
Good luck.
Andy
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#8]
[size=6]Paging [b]DrFridge![/b][/size=6]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Mechandy has it right about the self piercing needle valve. Run the T-handle all the way in (clockwise)and then back it ALL THE WAY out till it stops. If its another style you might have to turn off the water at the wall release pressure at faucet and take the saddle off the water line and see what size hole might be drilled in it. If small drill out a little  larger. Change the carbon icemaker filter at least once a year or twice a year is better.[^] Reverse Osmosis water feeding your icemaker and faucet will spoil you.Optimal performance will remove 98% of everything in the water down to the size of atomic radii. Pure water...you'll have to get your minerals from somewhere else! You will also hate to eat out and have the stench of a glass of tap water put on the table by a waitress! [:D] P.S. I used to install water treatment for kidney dialysis machines in hospitals. Now there is water treatment!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top