Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2002 12:17:37 PM EDT
According to a Reuters story out of the Sudan a couple of days ago, 88 people have been sentenced to death (in a very shady "trial").  Some of them will be executed by hanging, and some by crucifixion.

[b]CRUCIFIXION?? [/b]  WTF?  Did I just fall through a time warp to the Dark Ages?  In the 21st century. Of course this is also a country where slavery is widely and commonly practiced, so I guess it should come as no big surprise.

Hey, that could be a nice Saturday outing - go see the crucifixion, and then buy a small child on the way home.  Maybe all of our child kidnappers and pedophiles could just go there and BUY some small children.

Jesus Christ (ha,ha, no pun intended) - these people are complete savages.  Maybe not BECAUSE they're muslim, but the two certainly go hand in hand in the Sudan.

btw - don't forget to see the remake of "the Four Feathers" when it comes out.  Great story.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
They got crucifixion.

We got "not guilty by reason of mental defect."

"OF COURSE he's crazy - he effin killed someone."

Link Posted: 8/28/2002 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
"Ah yes...crucifixion?  Out the door turn right and the line forms on the left...."

"Weleease...Woddaawick"

remember...."Always look on the bright side of life..."
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I do agree...muslim culture is a sick culture and anybody who knows me can vouch for the fact that I detest muslim culture as a hole in general.

However, I will bring out the otherside of the coin.  Who are we as Americans or as Westerners to criticize other cultures for their beliefs and practices?  Especially the group of us here, who don't even want our own government to regulate our lives and private practices...

We don't have to agree with or condone practices such as female genital mutilation, but can we really point the finger at them and call them uncivilized or savage?  After all, there are some who would call Americans savages because of our love for firearms...

Just my devil's advocate .02
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Post from Scipio -
We don't have to agree with or condone practices such as female genital mutilation, but can we really point the finger at them and call them uncivilized or savage? After all, there are some who would call Americans savages because of our love for firearms...
View Quote

I think we need to brand this as 'universalist nonjudgmentalism', and not just moral equivalency.

For it to be true 'moral equivalency' the comparison should between ritual female genital 'circumcision' and routine medical male circumcision.

As you can see, there is no moral equivalency between the two. No medical expert that I know of, or read, has ever claimed medical benefits for clitorectomies (female 'circumcision'), whereas numerous experts claim so for male circumcision.

Now, the comparison made in this post between ritual female genital 'circumcision' and the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, is truly an example of 'universalist nonjudgmentalism' as, while one can think of very worthy and noble goals for supporting the RKBA, what can one possibly say in defense of female genital mutilation?

But, under universalist nonjudgmentalism, they are easily compared.

Folks, we've lost it!

We can't even get people to understand the very clear differences between idiotic acts based upon archaic rituals designed to keep womenz in their place, and the Providentially granted right to keep and bear arms for self defense and the defense of the nation.

Help!

Eric The('Help',ISay!)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Jarhead beat me to the malum prohibitum/in se argument.  However, there was a clearer point to be made, which is that these societies and "cultures" endorse all types of firearms.  In fact, in an article I read, it said that the black market for home made Ak47's and M16's is pretty high and in some areas, neighbors settle with gunfights.  (Which is legal.)

Lets look at another cultural aspect of many Muslim countries: full endorsement by clan elders of gang rapes.  YES!  Gang rapes are legal and used to shame MALE members of a family.  Usually the woman is then killed by her brothers/father for being unpure and for BEING raped. (Rape isn't passive for a woman there, oops, there isn't rape unless 3 men witness it either!)

Crucifixion is something very interesting though.  Maybe its an attempt to send the punished to heaven?  (By being killed in a Christianly way, they might be recognized by our God as a Christian instead of a Moon god worshipper.

Something for your viewing enjoyment:

[url]http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0042/0042_01.asp[/url]

Send it on!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Yo Scipio... that New York law school had some strange effect on your powers of reasoning.

And you're bringing that to Texas??...

Get ready for a little reality check.

Arock
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Scipio, If you watched Christian world news you would know that the average slave in Sudan is a Christian who has been stolen from their families at gun point. The males are forced to work and are often beaten and even killed and females and are routinely beaten and raped.

It is against Islamic law to make another Muslim a slave.

I have friends who used to be donating their time distributing food to Christians and others in Sudan and they said they would be followed by bands of armed Muslims who would surround them and capture the people after they had been fed.

The two people that I know are fairly well off and wanted to import guns to their Christian brothers in Sudan so they had a falling out with the aid origination they where working with.  

Send guns, ammo and men to train them and they will not starve and cruel slave masters will be a thing of the past in Sudan.  

THISISME
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#11]
You guys said it better than I could have. Thanks.

Is it politically correct to speak the truth about these savages yet and call them beasts? To call their religion the pagan cult that it is and allah the pagan bitch that he is.

Have we started the drums of war yet?

I really need to switch to decaff.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hey, that could be a nice Saturday outing - go see the crucifixion, and then buy a small child on the way home
View Quote

"Hey, if you've got something against public executions, dont attend them."

-CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I do agree...muslim culture is a sick culture and anybody who knows me can vouch for the fact that I detest muslim culture as a [i]hole[/i] in general.
View Quote

Did everyone miss the joke?  

(word play if you need an explanation)

Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Arock and Jarhead...

First, I clearly stated in the post that I was playing Devil's Advocate...so don't get all preachy on me...you're wasting your breath...

Second, you both entirely miss the point...Especially you Jarhead.  You compare the RKBA and female genital mutilation from a western "civilized" perspective...

I'm sure you know of those primative tribes in Africa where the women put huge plates in their lips...this is mutilation, yet if you listen to them speak about it, they want to do it.  They think its beautiful, as do the men.  This, despite the fact that its a horrible disfigurement to western eyes.  The point i made was for arguments sake...whats wrong to us, might not be wrong for others...look at the whole forest and not just the tree in front of your face
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Are you SURE you are in Texas? It's been 20 years but I remember it differently.

Bob

Quoted:
Arock and Jarhead...

First, I clearly stated in the post that I was playing Devil's Advocate...so don't get all preachy on me...you're wasting your breath...

Second, you both entirely miss the point...Especially you Jarhead.  You compare the RKBA and female genital mutilation from a western "civilized" perspective...

I'm sure you know of those primative tribes in Africa where the women put huge plates in their lips...this is mutilation, yet if you listen to them speak about it, they want to do it.  They think its beautiful, as do the men.  This, despite the fact that its a horrible disfigurement to western eyes.  The point i made was for arguments sake...whats wrong to us, might not be wrong for others...look at the whole forest and not just the tree in front of your face
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top