Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if I'll be stripped down to my boxers by TSA later today fly'n home and have my body cavities checked for anything which they "DEEM" as medical devises?
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Not charged extra in Sidney, 3 days ago.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I like it. I hope every retailer does this so the morons can finally see who pays the taxes.

Yep.

Link Posted: 1/5/2013 5:14:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Went there Thursday night.  As noted above it was a huge error on corporate's part.  They told me that they are doing an en masse refund for anybody who used their Cabela's Club card.  It should show up within 10 days.

On a lighter note, Cabela's Dundee had plenty of ammo, EXCEPT .223/5.56.  Nearly all handgun, plenty of 7.62X39 and plenty of .308.

Not a single AR on the shelf, but plenty of handguns to be had if you wanted to wait in the 20-30 person line.
Link Posted: 1/5/2013 5:22:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

"Its not a tax"

Fuck you, Mr President.

In their SCOTUS case they argued it was both a tax and not a tax.

Thank you John Roberts

Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Went there Thursday night.  As noted above it was a huge error on corporate's part.  They told me that they are doing an en masse refund for anybody who used their Cabela's Club card.  It should show up within 10 days.

On a lighter note, Cabela's Dundee had plenty of ammo, EXCEPT .223/5.56.  Nearly all handgun, plenty of 7.62X39 and plenty of .308.

Not a single AR on the shelf, but plenty of handguns to be had if you wanted to wait in the 20-30 person line.

Guess I'll be making a trip to Cabela's today.  I was charged $11.80 "medical excise tax" for a G17 I purchased on Jan 1.  Unfortunately I had a wtf is this moment, but I didn't look into it further. It's listed below the normal totals on the receipt that list tax etc.

eta:  I checked my credit card statement and Cabela's credited the $11.80 back to my CC the same day of purchase.  Guess I should pay closer attention to such things.    But good on Cabela's for making things right without being asked.
Link Posted: 2/25/2013 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Just bought a super Blackhawk hunter and some ammo in the 16th - no other tax but sales tax.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top